Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Castia

Good match. Another loss for the bucks.

They’re missing Tony Schiavone on commentary though.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Good match. Another loss for the bucks.

They’re missing Tony Schiavone on commentary though.
JR should be backstage only. He's been shit from double or nothing IMO and think the penny's finally dropped for people. He's only on for nostalgia, and that clearly isn't lasting.

Ekeke

I mean, I get your point but holding a top strap doesn't necessarily make you good.
Or maybe she is fairly good, and she's just not your preference. Its okay to not like someone even if they are pretty good. But if the bigger companies are putting someone in a top position its probably because they have skills.

Unfortunately WWE's list of skills include what your body looks like and which country you come from. Do you think Bea had stardom's top title because of her body, or because they wanted to market the UK and New Zealand?

I think Britt is clearly being pushed because she's American though and they want to make a new American star in the womens division. But Bea in Stardom? Nah

Castia

I don’t like Shaun Spears. Didn’t like him in WWE either. In ring is boring and character ‘the chairman’ seems ridiculous.

Ekeke

I don’t like Shaun Spears. Didn’t like him in WWE either. In ring is boring and character ‘the chairman’ seems ridiculous.
Pretty much agree. They've tried something I guess, but I get very little from him in the ring.

Castia

Big match feel to this one. Looking forward to it.

Decent PPV so far I’m hoping this and the Omega match deliver.

Castia

Pretty big bump for Cody.

Match feels like it’s going 60 minutes they’re clearly pacing themselves.

Castia

I can’t stand Excalibur and the names he gives general moves. You can tell JR just wants to tell him to shut the feck up.

Commentary has been the worst part of the night, JR is struggling and Excalibur sucks.

Castia

Surely going to be a MJF turn here....

Good match that. The lion tamer looked brutal to be fair.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I can’t stand Excalibur and the names he gives general moves. You can tell JR just wants to tell him to shut the feck up.

Commentary has been the worst part of the night, JR is struggling and Excalibur sucks.
"Waterwheel"

It's a fecking Alabama Slam. It's always been the Alabama Slam! You could definitely tell JR was holding his tongue there.

Castia

Fans going mad :lol:

Screwy finish but you know what I enjoyed that. MJF much better as a heel.

Castia

The barbed wire is fecking brutal. PAC cut his fingers up a few weeks ago on it too.

Castia

Crazy match. Both guys come out looking strong. They need to give Omega a winning run though he’s taking a lot of loses.

Really enjoyed the show, AEW keep delivering.

You can tell Moxley absolutely loved that.

Ekeke

Crazy match. Both guys come out looking strong. They need to give Omega a winning run though he’s taking a lot of loses.

Really enjoyed the show, AEW keep delivering.
Yeah gotta agree with that. Same with The Young Bucks, its obviously long term storytelling them helping to establish other people and thats good. Longterm its very good. But they do also need some big wins themselves and being able to show everything they can do, because they're big stars to the AEW audience but a lot of people are still only seeing them since Dynamite came out a few weeks ago

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Why do I still read Reddit? Bunch of faux-concerning cnuts. "It was too much/I hope they're okay/no need for this" I hate them.

I adored that match. Complete violence. Most of my favourite matches this year have been more hardcore over purist stuff. Moxley/Omega, Becky/Sasha, Cody/Dustin to name a few.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Why do I still read Reddit? Bunch of faux-concerning cnuts. "It was too much/I hope they're okay/no need for this" I hate them.
I bet most of them grew up as fans of wrestling thinking WWECW's version of extreme wrestling was indeed extreme. They'd probably have heart attacks if they watched the real ECW. Or any Terry Funk/Mick Foley match.

Ekeke

I'm not a big fan of seeing hardcore stuff (at least on that level) often, but if you're going to do it, do something memorable but not as often.

I'm hoping thats the case with Omega - Moxley. The rest of the card has the likes of Allin, Havoc and Janela if people want to see crazy hardcore stuff

Yagami

Good post resistant
I'm not a big fan of seeing hardcore stuff (at least on that level) often, but if you're going to do it, do something memorable but not as often.

I'm hoping thats the case with Omega - Moxley. The rest of the card has the likes of Allin, Havoc and Janela if people want to see crazy hardcore stuff
I definitely agree that they shouldn't do it often. You don't want them ending up like Foley. Every now and then to have a climatic end to a feud or something I think is okay, though.

No Love

Sorry if this is an ignorant request, but can someone more learned in Pro Wrestling explain to me why the match between Moxley and Omega is so controversial? The feedback I’ve read appears to be really polarising!

I was a big wrestling fan as a kid and I saw this match was causing something of a stir, so decided to check it out. I have to say, it was pretty enjoyable. Granted, I didn’t watch the whole thing so may have missed something; however, it seemed more ‘in tune’ with the wrestling I watched when I was growing up. I would rather watch that kind of thing than some of the more elaborate/acrobatic moves that I’ve seen people pulling off. Is that an unpopular opinion, am I just twisted or is this something that other people feel?

Like I said, apologies if this comes across as ignorant, I’m just curious.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Sorry if this is an ignorant request, but can someone more learned in Pro Wrestling explain to me why the match between Moxley and Omega is so controversial? The feedback I’ve read appears to be really polarising!

I was a big wrestling fan as a kid and I saw this match was causing something of a stir, so decided to check it out. I have to say, it was pretty enjoyable. Granted, I didn’t watch the whole thing so may have missed something; however, it seemed more ‘in tune’ with the wrestling I watched when I was growing up. I would rather watch that kind of thing than some of the more elaborate/acrobatic moves that I’ve seen people pulling off. Is that an unpopular opinion, am I just twisted or is this something that other people feel?

Because people are pussies. That's it.

Renegade

It’s strange, Triple H,Edge & Orton became made men on matches like this with Foley.

cyberman

I was a wrestling fan as a kid, heard about AEW so gave it a go.
As a grown up i was embarassed watching that main event. Dont think ill be going back.
Every stunt took me out of the moment, why couldn't they just wrestle?

Ekeke

Firstly, because Omega doesn't need to do matches on this level of hardcore to have a great match.

Secondly because people think that they took more chances than usual. But that might not actually be true, due to things like gimmick glass (Meltzer was suggesting it was real glass, I didnt take that suggestion seriously. But maybe I'll be corrected in the future...) and the athletic and sometimes risky style of Omega's matches, like with other NJPW wrestlers like Ibushi and Naito, sometimes hes landing on his head or trying dangerous spots in his normal matches. So im not sure it was that much more dangerous than some of his other main events.

For me I think it could have been slightly less hardcore but if it was significantly less, I'm not sure Moxley would have had a good match. So im fine with it as long as it isnt the usual

Sylar

I was a wrestling fan as a kid, heard about AEW so gave it a go.
As a grown up i was embarassed watching that main event. Dont think ill be going back.
Every stunt took me out of the moment, why couldn't they just wrestle?
Define: 'wrestle'