Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Bwuk

It doesn't matter what name he has, he will end up like everyone else anyway.

If he was on smack down or raw going at Roman or brock that would be fun to try and see
He wouldn't look a threat at all to either.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Good on Moxley sorting himself out. Aside from that one idiot, you could hear a pindrop as the crowd listened to him speak. As over as ever. He and Hangman can have a great feud, although the real money is against a heel Punk.

Cody's promo was bit too meta and rambling. I know what they are trying to do, but it wasn't the right crowd tonight. There were a lot of mouthy dickheads trying to get themselves over.

Serena Deeb is doing great right now. I think she should be next up for Britt Baker.

Last edited:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Sami Zayn sticking around in WWE then.

Unsurprising, he's constantly featured on TV, is always trusted with the celebs, and is probably given more mic time then anyone else in the company other then Reigns and Lynch... so yeah, I reckon Vince loves the bloke.

Hopefully he breaks out of his purely comedy schtick (not that he isn't funny, 'cos he generally is) and gets to wrestle a bit more meaningful and longer matches at some point during this contract.

The Hilton

Good to have Moxley back, looks so much better now.

Cody's promo was a strange one - he kept me interested in what he had to say, even if the second half of it was gibberish, and too meta for me.

Still, his point about blazing the trail for the likes of Punk to come back to was a good one, and the crowd went from booing and heckling to cheering and chanting his name.

Sylar

Cody embracing the hate (and likes) is great
Better version of Cody than the Mr America hero he tried to be

He would suit the boys perfectly

Ekeke

Sami and Kevin being happy and sticking with WWE makes sense to me too. With Punk and Bryan going to AEW theres only something like the pretty much impossible Roman Reigns that would really take them to another level in terms of excitement for me. A Brock or Randy Orton would help plenty with making people aware of AEW (still their biggest issue, everyone knows WWE) and would help the ratings but I wouldnt be excited to see the story. Roman is clearly the guy in WWE and in his prime so that would obviously be the big one.

Sami and Kevin would just be more in that Pac, Andrade, Lucha Brothers, etc mix where not everyone can be in the top 5 rankings and that wouldnt be too much different to WWE.

Gavinb33

Adam Cole's presentation/placement now is looking great. 2 strong tag teams and now Britt is with them, this is pretty much the perfect storyline to go to with Omega taking time off and he could go right to the top as Hangman's main threat.

This is why you shouldnt jump the gun when a new person comes into AEW and they aren't immediately having matches for the titles. They almost always have a plan for the big names to build some momentum and then at the right time they are in the right place
Nah they havent booked him well he's stuck in a feud with Orange Cassidy who is 7 kinds of awful.

Also is it just me or is he getting smaller i saw a Tweet the other day that compared him now to his peak NXT run and he looks smaller in stature since then.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Nah they havent booked him well he's stuck in a feud with Orange Cassidy who is 7 kinds of awful.

Also is it just me or is he getting smaller i saw a Tweet the other day that compared him now to his peak NXT run and he looks smaller in stature since then.
I actually like the feud thus far, but I like all things Adam Cole baybay :drool:

R.E.D.

I don't mind the feud and building him slowly to get near main event but it really looks like that Orange Cassidy will pin Adam Cole in the future which I don't think is good booking.

R.E.D.

I don't mind the feud and building him slowly to get near main event but it really looks like that Orange Cassidy will pin Adam Cole in the future which I don't think is good booking.
Well I just watched Dynamite:lol: and yeah it happened.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

He's always been tiny but these days it looks like he hasn't picked up a dumbbell in months.

He's still charismatic but he looks like I could batter him, which isn't a good look for a wrestler.

Ekeke

My prediction - Cole will get some big success bouncing back and thats kinda the point of the lights out match. Like with Thunder Rosa having that victory over Britt Baker, so you can always come back to that match as a huge match because the face has a victory in a match that doesn't really count, but we all know who won.

Elevation for Cole and he might even be the one to eventually beat Hangman and then down the line you have Orange with the dark match victory over him so he can come back as the thorn in his side. Think its the same formula being used.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Some incredible spots in that Cody v Guevara ladder match: the delayed superplex and the cutter were unbelievable!

Stevondo8

Another internet meme wrestler like Maki Itoh and Hook.
AEW seem to sign somebody new every week. Wonder what their roster size is compared to wwe considering all the cuts wwe have made in the last year. Must be loads who are never on tv.

Ekeke

AEW seem to sign somebody new every week. Wonder what their roster size is compared to wwe considering all the cuts wwe have made in the last year. Must be loads who are never on tv.
Yeah the roster is bloated now with guys who they signed at the beginning but their contracts are expiring and arent being renewed. This is why they didnt make all the cuts WWE have in the past few years, their way around sacking people in a pandemic

So they absolutely do need some to go for some to come in, and need to be more careful now about the level of people being brought in. A lot of the people on Dark and Elevation arent signed, thats why WWE has been able to sign some of the people that appeared on there and are sending them to NXT

Also why I'm hoping that another american company steps up to be the 3rd great option with all the available talent out there and the people that AEW move on from

choccy77

Yeah the roster is bloated now with guys who they signed at the beginning but their contracts are expiring and arent being renewed. This is why they didnt make all the cuts WWE have in the past few years, their way around sacking people in a pandemic

So they absolutely do need some to go for some to come in, and need to be more careful now about the level of people being brought in. A lot of the people on Dark and Elevation arent signed, thats why WWE has been able to sign some of the people that appeared on there and are sending them to NXT

Also why I'm hoping that another american company steps up to be the 3rd great option with all the available talent out there and the people that AEW move on from
Impact is the third option currently.

New Japan could be hitting the USA at some stage it's rumored.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
People keep thinking there's room for a third promotion but fail to see ROH went tits up and Impact is watched by what, 30 people? All during this supposed wrestling boom.

WWE is WWE and AEW is a billionaire's passion project. That's all the room there is.

Ekeke

Impact is the third option currently.

New Japan could be hitting the USA at some stage it's rumored.
New Japan already has a US branch. But its not the same thing as having a true competitior to AEW and WWE.

And despite Moose saying Impact is just as good as AEW, it would take some big signings before I'd have an interest in it as a 3rd US promotion. They could make them with all the talent available. But they havent which makes me think they wont

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC

This is hilarious. Vince's hatred for tag teams bout to swanton him.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
What’s the best way to watch the rumble? Is the WWE Network still a thing? Can I get Peacock in the UK? Are free trials still a thing? :lol:

It’s been ages since I’ve actually watched a WWE PPV I think

Holocene

What’s the best way to watch the rumble? Is the WWE Network still a thing? Can I get Peacock in the UK? Are free trials still a thing? :lol:

It’s been ages since I’ve actually watched a WWE PPV I think
WWE Network. They don't have trials anymore.

There's also another way to watch it, which doesn't cost money.

cyberman

Why would you fire someone only to offer them a new deal afterwards?
Rumours were he was being sent to NXT for a spell before being let go and that may have been the plan if they brought him back. They did the exact same thing with Samoa Joe. Zelina was let go and brought back in a short space of time. By all accounts Vince didn’t care about tag team wrestling so it stands to reason he isn’t worried about AEWs division

Ekeke

Rumours were he was being sent to NXT for a spell before being let go and that may have been the plan if they brought him back. They did the exact same thing with Samoa Joe. Zelina was let go and brought back in a short space of time. By all accounts Vince didn’t care about tag team wrestling so it stands to reason he isn’t worried about AEWs division
He doesnt like his competitors getting things either. He only has to pay 1 Hardy boy if they can get him which is perfect for Vince

Doesnt really seem like NXT would be an attractive offer to someone who isnt 6'4+ plus. Also they're paid a lot less than the main roster