Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Not a fan of the women’s bringing so many past stars, when the likes of Xia Li or even Mandy Rose don’t get a look in.
Tamina spent most of the match stopping other people getting thrown out.

As for the men’s, was surprised to not see Finn Balor, The Usos, Erik or Ivar, Cesaro but it’s harder to fit them in.

Don’t like Ronda at all, she slagged off everything and everyone yet they still bend over backwards for her. She doesn’t sell any move either.

Rollins and Reigns match was good until the finish.

The pop that Randy Orton got seemed one of if not the loudest of the night, I do like RK Bro but also at the same time he could still be main eventing.
Home town

Sylar

So
Watched it :lol:

Rollins / reigns was great except that ending. And the ending wouldn't be an issue if they didn't just use a dq finish in every show. Comparisons will happen but you hardly ever see aew use a DQ, so if it happened it would be rare

Edge is great but he's feuding with Miz? :lol: what a waste of him coming back

Lashley/Lesnar were having a nice match but again a screwy finish and knew Lesnar would come in last and just win the rumble

As soon as Rousey music hit you knew she was winning

Beckys match was boring. Is she meant to be a face or a heel? Is doudrop meant to be a heel or face?

Watching this, it could have been five or so years ago and you wouldn't even know, looking at a the winners

MC89

Supports
Celtic
I quite enjoyed the event apart from the men’s match

Seth v Roman - was really good with shield entrance etc, only thing was I think everybody knew who would be retaining with the match going on first

woman’s - - was ok, how good was it seeing Brie again, she was superb really wanted her to win and then smash Becky at Mainia, I know she doesn’t want that….

Brock v Bobby - good match with great storytelling up until mainia now.

mixed tag - Meh wasn’t really interested in it being honest

men’s match - Pretty boring with no real surprises apart from the winner, rumble is to start fueds etc but nothing happened

6/10

TheGame

I always watch the highlights of the rumble match in full but that has got to be the worst I have seen. It was just so bland. Orton’s hometown and he was eliminated in like 5 mins while jobbers were hanging around doing nothing got ages. There wasn’t even any old characters coming back. Did we really need Shane? Where was Finn Balor?

People will get bored of Brock like they did last time at this rate. There needs to be someone else with a push. There are people like Aj Styles, Kevin Owens and Finn Balor who all have great all round skills who would do well in main events. At least 3/4 of the rumble entrants were poor. Even Bad Bunny out performed them.

cyberman

I always watch the highlights of the rumble match in full but that has got to be the worst I have seen. It was just so bland. Orton’s hometown and he was eliminated in like 5 mins while jobbers were hanging around doing nothing got ages. There wasn’t even any old characters coming back. Did we really need Shane? Where was Finn Balor?

People will get bored of Brock like they did last time at this rate. There needs to be someone else with a push. There are people like Aj Styles, Kevin Owens and Finn Balor who all have great all round skills who would do well in main events. At least 3/4 of the rumble entrants were poor. Even Bad Bunny out performed them.
Na Brock is fantastic. A so-so Rumble doesn’t change that. He and Roman are the two wrestlers of the moment imo

choccy77

Apparently originally, Riddle was due to win the Rumble prior to WWE swaping plans due to Romans Covid problem.

Also, a lot of planned spots were ditched after Kofi accidentally got eliminated.

Shane O'Mac p*ssed off a lot of people by booking himself as one of the Last 4, disregarding what was planned originally.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Apparently originally, Riddle was due to win the Rumble prior to WWE swaping plans due to Romans Covid problem.

Also, a lot of planned spots were ditched after Kofi accidentally got eliminated.

Shane O'Mac p*ssed off a lot of people by booking himself as one of the Last 4, disregarding what was planned originally.
Just a mess.

TheGame

Apparently read that Shane O Mac is going to be in the Elimination Chamber as well.

Stevondo8

Is Shane the new undertaker? Always around for WM season but disappears for the rest of the year

SoCross

Since when did Seth Rollins start transitioning into Joaquin’s Joker gimmick ?

Not a bad gimmick, hopefully it’s not overdone.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Rollins, Brock and Roman are at the most entertaining they have been in years.

It's everything else that is the drizzling shits.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
The Nov 4 releases are now free to compete. Includes Ember Moon, Mia Yim and Keith Lee.

Swerve is up soon too, think he might join the house of black which would be cool af.

Minkaro

Brian Kendrick is going to face Moxley on tonight’s Dynamite, it’s been announced .

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Shane was the ringsidenews leak and got his ass canned is a theory going round :lol:

choccy77

*In regard to stories of McMahon taking the heat for aspects of the Royal Rumble match, he was indeed among the producers who worked on it.

*It was said that Shane was obviously frustrated the day of the show and that some believed that came from his ideas being shot down by Vince McMahon. The talk was he was upset that "he wasn't being allowed to do what he wanted" and that he was "greatly preoccupied" by his own role in the Rumble.

*The feeling among some is that Shane is taking the brunt of the heat for the poor reception to the Men's Rumble match and that when the heat for that blows over, he'll eventually return in some form down the line.

choccy77

Apparently, he was rumored to wrestle Seth Rollins at Mania but Seth got pulled from the Rumble and so that angle never happened.

Also Shane wanted to wrestle Austin Theory at Mania due to the Vince storyline and that was also quashed.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
The theory match is fine, but I'm over top guys working Shane at mania like AJ, Owens etc.

I'm glad Seth isn't involved but does make you wonder what's Seths plans are.

choccy77

I would say, Seth should take the title, but ultimately, it would have to be Drew v Lashley if Drew is available in time.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
I would say, Seth should take the title, but ultimately, it would have to be Drew v Lashley if Drew is available in time.
You miss Raw?

It's Reigns/Lesnar at mania, title v title.

Lesnars not won it yet but it's a formality :lol:

choccy77

You miss Raw?

It's Reigns/Lesnar at mania, title v title.

Lesnars not won it yet but it's a formality :lol:
I know what they said,

But its not gonna happen.

Reigns will screw Brock from winning in Elimination Chamber.

Or Seth Wins it.

Mania will not be Title v Title

Ludens the Red

Probably the worse men’s rumble match I’ve seen. No shock returns. Nobody built up. And a terrible winner. I don’t mind new Brock but he didn’t need to win the Rumble. Womens rumble was a lot better.

Also is Shane McMahon not in his 50’s, if these reports are true how is he still behaving like this? Honestly the moment he walked in that Rumble it was a complete shitshow.

Defintely expecting title vs title at Mania. WWE is at a place at the moment where only two wrestlers are important and basically everything must be built around them.

Also how terrible is Damien Priest?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
What a superb hour of professional wrestling CM Punk vs MJF was.

Always leave them wanting more. Excited to see where both of them and Wardlow go next.

The Hilton

What a superb hour of professional wrestling CM Punk vs MJF was.

Always leave them wanting more. Excited to see where both of them and Wardlow go next.
Yeah it was absolutely brilliant, I genuinely couldn't tell which way it was going, even right to the end.

KingCavani

I did like MJF vs Punk but I really do think AEW is really going to far with the length of these matches. They really don't grasp that less can be more sometimes. That said the false finishes were great and the right guy went over. It just didn't need to go that long.

The Moxley match earlier also had no business going as long as it did. It feels like every week there's random mid-carders having 20 minute matches.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I did like MJF vs Punk but I really do think AEW is really going to far with the length of these matches. They really don't grasp that less can be more sometimes. That said the false finishes were great and the right guy went over. It just didn't need to go that long.

The Moxley match earlier also had no business going as long as it did. It feels like every week there's random mid-carders having 20 minute matches.
That's what their audience, including myself, generally wants. Give me two hours highlighting a smaller number of workers on their roster, than two hours squeezing everyone in. I'm very happy with a wrestling show that divides its time to showcase more longer matches. It's not comparable to a film, where editing down a film will often lead to a better work, because they aren't just going to go 90 minutes and then go off the air. They have the two hours.

Would the show really have been better if you cut the MJF v Punk stuff by a segment and had someone else win a match in five minutes?

KingCavani

Would the show really have been better if you cut the MJF v Punk stuff by a segment and had someone else win a match in five minutes?
It isn't such a a binary choice. There's plenty more you can add to your program. They could have added more segments building their main event. It's another thing I feel is really wrong with AEW in that it's all too segregated. When you go back to wrestling at it's peak popularity their were overriding narratives that would keep people interested. You'd have several Stone Cold/Rock/NWO segments throughout the show.

The problem with AEW is they can offer too much of a good thing. You can't appreciate the high flying because everyone does it. We aren't far removed from an hour long main event and now we have another - It takes away from how special both could have been. This is on top of having 15-20 minute matches all across the mid-card constantly. It's too much.

choccy77

Elimination Chamber lineup

WWE Championship – Elimination Chamber match
Bobby Lashley (Champion) vs. Brock Lesnar vs. Seth “Freakin” Rollins vs. Austin Theory vs. Riddle vs. AJ Styles

WWE Universal Championship
Roman Reigns (Champion) vs. Goldberg

WWE Raw Women’s Championship
Becky Lynch (Champion) vs. Lita

WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship
The Usos (Champions) vs. The Viking Raiders