Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Ludens the Red

Elimination Chamber lineup

WWE Championship – Elimination Chamber match
Bobby Lashley (Champion) vs. Brock Lesnar vs. Seth “Freakin” Rollins vs. Austin Theory vs. Riddle vs. AJ Styles

WWE Universal Championship
Roman Reigns (Champion) vs. Goldberg

WWE Raw Women’s Championship

Becky Lynch (Champion) vs. Lita

WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship
The Usos (Champions) vs. The Viking Raiders
Oh feck off

Sylar

It isn't such a a binary choice. There's plenty more you can add to your program. They could have added more segments building their main event. It's another thing I feel is really wrong with AEW in that it's all too segregated. When you go back to wrestling at it's peak popularity their were overriding narratives that would keep people interested. You'd have several Stone Cold/Rock/NWO segments throughout the show.

The problem with AEW is they can offer too much of a good thing. You can't appreciate the high flying because everyone does it. We aren't far removed from an hour long main event and now we have another - It takes away from how special both could have been. This is on top of having 15-20 minute matches all across the mid-card constantly. It's too much.
I know what ya mean
Moxley was facing someone on rampage recently and the other dude is kicking out of a pile driver and it's so casual and it's only half way through a match. W

Aew is mostly great but some of the matches need to be toned down a little and allowed to breathe more. There does seem more emphasis on trying to get meltzer to rate them highly rather than logic applied at times.
I do think aew could do with some backstage segments to allow some characters to grow (short but multiple segments to tell a story through an episode which leads to something)

That was how edge and Christian became my fav tag team, or angle shone to break through as a character and not just a wrestler

Ekeke

https://wrestlingnews.co/aew-news/j...ned-about-a-contract-affecting-her-home-life/

Jade had a tryout with WWE before AEW. She was asked if she ever heard back from them:

“They called me back. I’m not going to name the person’s hand that I shook. They wanted me,” she said.

“The problem they found that they had mixed feelings about was that, like I mentioned, I don’t need wrestling. I don’t need to do this. A lot of people, especially at the trial, need this, like, this is how they feed their families. They’ve been doing this forever, you know, and for them to get to this point, they will give anything and everything to do it. So they were like, ‘We want you, We’re going to sign you, but we’re kind of worried about how bad you want this, and we’re not just some reality show. We’re not just glitter and lights and cameras.’ I was like, okay.”

“He said, ‘Also you have a child?’ I said, ‘Yeah, you know, I do’, and they were like, ‘Well, what are you going to do?’, because at that time my daughter was two. I was like, ‘Well, thankfully, because I have money, we can pay a tutor to help tutor my child being that we have to relocate to Orlando. I can have a 24-hour nanny, but they were really grilling me about it in which I was kind of cut off. I was like, ‘Well, my spouse can travel with me wherever we go. This could be easy for me. I thought about all the precautions to this, like, I’ve been warned about traveling, I get it.’ He said, ‘Yeah, I get what you’re saying, but this is your family now. I want you to know that.’ I was like, ‘I get it. I totally understand that, but I’ve thought about it, and I want it. I’ve been training for this, this is what I want.’ They’re like, ‘Alright, well, we’ll see.'”

“So they sent the contract, they wanted me to do it. AEW came about and I came here, I got the experience, and I felt calm. I remember you (Chris Jericho) and I had this conversation in the car. It made me feel at ease about the decision that I wanted to make.”

“I didn’t have to relocate. I felt at home. I could call the owner of our company and talk to him and he knew my name. He knew my purpose. He knew that I wanted to do this, and that mattered to me. I wasn’t just a number. I wasn’t just this person, like who was this person? He knew exactly who I was, so that made me feel comfortable, and yes, the other company was pissed off that they sent me this 100 page contract, but I made the best decision for my family, and I made the best decision for myself.”

Jade said WWE wanted her to sever ties with companies she works with if she signed with WWE:

“They wanted me to cut everything, and these were relationships that I’ve had previously, before I even thought about wrestling that were like five years, six, seven year contracts, that I just couldn’t say goodbye because what if they choose to cut me? What am I going to do after? I would have to crawl back to these companies and ask, ‘Can I have that contract back?’ That’s not professional and that’s not okay,” Jade said.

“I literally made more money for my sponsorships and things that I did online than my contract they were giving me. I was like, ‘This doesn’t make sense, guys. Like, I have a kid, so unless you guys are going to compensate me, or give me some more money up here.’ and they did. They gave way more than a normal person and way more than my friends that were already signed for about a year or two, but it wasn’t enough.”

“I was like, ‘You know, this is a dream. This is great. But I’m giving up so much for so little. Literally, this is going to cause problems in my household because I have to be on the road all the time. It’s not gonna be easy. I’m used to being the one at home and my spouse is used to traveling and now the roles are reversed. So now, that’s hard. Now I’m going to get the admiration. Meet me halfway.’ I get that, like, ‘Who am I?’ I get that.”

“I don’t have any wrestling experience. I get that, but this is business. At the end of the day, this is a business. So what can you do for me because I know I’m going to do something for you. I’m going to sell tickets, but this is a 45 or 47 year old company and they’re looking at me like, yeah, okay, so are you going to take the contract or not?”

Other topics discussed on this week’s “Talk Is Jericho” include Jade’s thoughts on social media, why she doesn’t wrestle for the money, and talking about her home life.

Jade's actual family, husband :

https://www.thesquander.com/brandon-phillips-net-worth-2018-what-baseball-player-worth-146755198

child

Last edited:

Minkaro

Reigns vs Goldberg, Becky vs Lita

Bet Viking Raiders get replaced in the tag match by The Rock ‘n’ Roll Express.

Ladron de redcafe

Oh feck off
It does seem to be getting a little repetitive as we've seen him make more frequent comebacks in the last few years, almost all of which feature the exact same match. At some points, you hit diminishing returns. Goldberg in 2022 isn't the Goldberg of 25 years ago.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Found the MJF v Punk match quite boring if I'm honest. Not a patch on Danielson's recent matches with Omega and Page.

That finish to the Starks v Lethal match was so smooth.

Stevondo8

Does Goldberg do all the Saudi events? Or is that something I’ve made up?

Feels like Shane vs theory was an open goal in storyline terms. Guess at this point there’s only going to be lesnar-reigns worth a watch at WM. None of the rest matters (on the mens side anyway, I personally don’t care about rousey so not fussed about her v Charlotte)

Ekeke

Seems like Jeff Hardy will be the arrival AEW are hyping up for Wednesday. I'm not that excited tbh but again there arent many arrivals outside of NJPW that would excite me

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Seems like Jeff Hardy will be the arrival AEW are hyping up for Wednesday. I'm not that excited tbh but again there arent many arrivals outside of NJPW that would excite me
I guess that makes sense with them phasing out that HFO bullshit and palming his guys off onto Andrade.

Forgot about the Mox and Danielson segment. I know it's probably the kick start to a new feud but it'd be much more intriguing if they actually did team up.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He should at least make Matt Hardy less terrible

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I didn't hate the CM Punk match but I don't get why it needed to be an hour long. It's not like anything extraordinary happened or the length of time added anything to the story telling or outcome. It was just a match that went on for longer. Just seems a bit self serving more than anything else. Especially not long after another hour long match which in itself felt slightly like a try too hard attempt to repeat and outdo the previous half hour long match. Also kind of defeats the point (whatever the point even is) when there's about 4 add breaks in the match anyway.

AEW needs a bit more unpredictability or to deviate away from being so structured, imo. Don't know why they couldn't maintain the emphasis on showcasing wrestling but throw in some attitude era style unpredictability to the show. Best thing about wrestling back in the day was watching the whole 2 hour Raw because anything can happen at any moment and there'd always be some carry over from one show to the next. Now its almost like you get handed a schedule at the start, like its the royal variety show or something. They even advertise what the match at the start of the show will be, at the start of the show. Why? Are they worried people just tuned in to watch the opening titls credits and then immediately turn off again?

Would say the same for WWE but its so bad it feels like there's no one thing that could even start to redeem it. You'd just have to tear it down and start from scratch.

Ekeke

I didn't hate the CM Punk match but I don't get why it needed to be an hour long. It's not like anything extraordinary happened or the length of time added anything to the story telling or outcome. It was just a match that went on for longer. Just seems a bit self serving more than anything else. Especially not long after another hour long match which in itself felt slightly like a try too hard attempt to repeat and outdo the previous half hour long match. Also kind of defeats the point (whatever the point even is) when there's about 4 add breaks in the match anyway.

AEW needs a bit more unpredictability or to deviate away from being so structured, imo. Don't know why they couldn't maintain the emphasis on showcasing wrestling but throw in some attitude era style unpredictability to the show. Best thing about wrestling back in the day was watching the whole 2 hour Raw because anything can happen at any moment and there'd always be some carry over from one show to the next. Now its almost like you get handed a schedule at the start, like its the royal variety show or something. They even advertise what the match at the start of the show will be, at the start of the show. Why? Are they worried people just tuned in to watch the opening titls credits and then immediately turn off again?

Would say the same for WWE but its so bad it feels like there's no one thing that could even start to redeem it. You'd just have to tear it down and start from scratch.
I liked it but I wouldnt describe it as a top match or tell people its the best wrestling. It had some good storyline and character moments, I liked how the finish was set up although I saw what was going on in the moment. But it further established MJF and Wardlow's characters. It was 38 mins long and didnt feel too long to me.

A match I saw this week that was really good but I felt went too long was Ospreay Vs. Oku at Rev Pro High Stakes. Had some really good elements with the high flying, bumps and acrobatics but that one I personally felt dragged at 41:10

choccy77

He is still under contract with WWE until March

3 names mntioned although 2 are deffo unlikely are Shane O'Mac and John Cena and the other is Braun.

Cena is probably under some kind of deal with WWE so he is very unlikely.

Ekeke

He is still under contract with WWE until March

3 names mntioned although 2 are deffo unlikely are Shane O'Mac and John Cena and the other is Braun.

Cena is probably under some kind of deal with WWE so he is very unlikely.
Going with Jeff Hardy as twice as likely as any of them. TKs tweets did say its a "free agent" as well as the forbidden door, signing a contract with AEW and closing the door on WWE. To me its a similar hype up to when Christian came in. Hardy has his no compete but he's a free agent technically as he was released, he was asked to come back so signing for AEW is closing the door on WWE.

Cena no chance, Shane similar.

and I dont believe for one second that if Braun was on AEW television that in the future WWE wouldnt be interested in signing him in the future when they want a giant with a good body. With Jeff I think thats possible because of all his issues and because he would be choosing AEW over returning to WWE and doing so this late in his career probably does mean he wont be in good condition for a WWE run in the future.

choccy77

Going with Jeff Hardy as twice as likely as any of them. TKs tweets did say its a "free agent" as well as the forbidden door, signing a contract with AEW and closing the door on WWE. To me its a similar hype up to when Christian came in. Hardy has his no compete but he's a free agent technically as he was released, he was asked to come back so signing for AEW is closing the door on WWE.

Cena no chance, Shane similar.

and I dont believe for one second that if Braun was on AEW television that in the future WWE wouldnt be interested in signing him in the future when they want a giant with a good body. With Jeff I think thats possible because of all his issues and because he would be choosing AEW over returning to WWE and doing so this late in his career probably does mean he wont be in good condition for a WWE run in the future.
But He can't legally appear until March, so if its him, all they can do is announce it.

The impression I had was, is this person will be there in person?

Also this whole Forbidden door thing is basically just a piss take on the original WWE Royal Rumble Rumours and that wording being used.

Should be an interesting week.

cyberman

But He can't legally appear until March, so if its him, all they can do is announce it.

The impression I had was, is this person will be there in person?

Also this whole Forbidden door thing is basically just a piss take on the original WWE Royal Rumble Rumours and that wording being used.

Should be an interesting week.
Apparently there’s an Impact wrestler who has weeks of recorded shows left to air who is now out of contract. He fits this weird description of forbidden door.
Honestly think AEW needs to desensitise their fanbase away from debuts to pop a rating. It’s getting ridiculous at this point and can only harm them long term

choccy77

The more stories that are coming out about the Rumble and Shane, you have to wonder if he is okay?

Originally, he wanted to go in at number 1 and last until the end, then he had a confrontation with Brock over the plans.

Then, he had an argument with Orton and apparently, They played Shane's music by mistake and he tried to force Orton to go out instead and Orton refused to go out to Shane's music playing.

Seems a total train wreck and Vince booted Shane next day over it.

Shane will no doubt be back in a few months, but whatever he was on that day, really peed off a lot of people.

choccy77

Apparently there’s an Impact wrestler who has weeks of recorded shows left to air who is now out of contract. He fits this weird description of forbidden door.
Honestly think AEW needs to desensitise their fanbase away from debuts to pop a rating. It’s getting ridiculous at this point and can only harm them long term
There are only so many debuts that can legitimately happen before there is no one left.

AEW just need to focus on good storyline and pushing who they have.

They don't need anyone else now, or there isn't anyone else that could enhance them any further that is realistically available. (from WWE)

Sylar

That finish to the Starks v Lethal match was so smooth.
Really enjoyed the match too. They weren't just spamming moves and finishers for near falls
It felt like a wrestling match with logic behind it and yeah the finisher was damn well done

Minkaro

Josh Alexander?

Got name-dropped during the Brandi/Lambert promo, so would fit.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I thought the Mercedes Martinez vs Thunder Rosa was an odd match to book whilst watching it, as one would have to lose. A very rare DQ in AEW!

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
There are only so many debuts that can legitimately happen before there is no one left.

AEW just need to focus on good storyline and pushing who they have.

They don't need anyone else now, or there isn't anyone else that could enhance them any further that is realistically available. (from WWE)
It depends. They don't need more guys on their roster, but will likely not be re-signing a lot of people who signed early contracts. I'm quite happy for them to have a more fluid roster with people only coming in for one match or for a couple of months whilst working in multiple companies. It's great not to have to watch the same guys every week being overexposed and having to pick up too many losses. Someone like Moxley has benefitted personally by having a couple of months off, but he also feels fresh and really over once again.

choccy77

It depends. They don't need more guys on their roster, but will likely not be re-signing a lot of people who signed early contracts. I'm quite happy for them to have a more fluid roster with people only coming in for one match or for a couple of months whilst working in multiple companies. It's great not to have to watch the same guys every week being overexposed and having to pick up too many losses. Someone like Moxley has benefitted personally by having a couple of months off, but he also feels fresh and really over once again.
I agree, but WWE tried to buy up the market to stop anyone else having a chance and it's great that another Billionaire has said FU to Vince and changing the landscape again, of which has already impacted on WWE.

Sad thing is, WWE is without doubt in it's poorest era for providing quality shows and storylines, not to mention characters people give a shit about and yet, they just announced their biggest profits ever!

So long as people keep throwing money at Vince for a mediocre product, nothing is going to change.

Wrestlemania 39 Main Events have been basically confirmed a year and two months away, which means there is limited creative coming for these 3 coming up to get them to this point.

Reigns v Rock
Becky v Rousey

Sylar

I thought the Mercedes Martinez vs Thunder Rosa was an odd match to book whilst watching it, as one would have to lose. A very rare DQ in AEW!
Right? If it was WWE I would have said, meh DQ or double countout or something. DQ didnt cross my mind, given how rare it is.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Are we expecting Jeff in Dynamite tonight or somebody else?
Surely someone else. He'll be under that 90 day clause, and it's hardly going through a forbidden door if he A) He doesn't work for WWE and 2) half the hardy Boyz are already there.

A part of me hopes it Shane just for the reaction.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Surely someone else. He'll be under that 90 day clause, and it's hardly going through a forbidden door if he A) He doesn't work for WWE and 2) half the hardy Boyz are already there.

A part of me hopes it Shane just for the reaction.
I'd love it to be Shane. Jeff would be very meh after all this build up.

SparkedIntoLife

I suspect it'll be Balor, Cesaro or Ali. Someone we believe is contracted to WWE. This is being talked about as a game changer. I don't think it's because it's anyone uber massive but because Khan, intimately familiar with the football transfer system as DOF of Fulham, has negotiated (under a non disclosure clause) and bought out a WWE contract. Yep, I'm thinking transfers will now become a thing in wrestling.

Imagine all 3 of Finn Balor, Cesaro and Mustafa Ali debuting on Dynamite tonight as a faction. All of their contracts bought out by TK for like 2 million or something.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
I suspect it'll be Balor, Cesaro or Ali. Someone we believe is contracted to WWE. This is being talked about as a game changer. I don't think it's because it's anyone uber massive but because Khan, intimately familiar with the football transfer system as DOF of Fulham, has negotiated (under a non disclosure clause) and bought out a WWE contract. Yep, I'm thinking transfers will now become a thing in wrestling.

Imagine all 3 of Finn Balor, Cesaro and Mustafa Ali debuting on Dynamite tonight as a faction. All of their contracts bought out by TK for like 2 million or something.
Tbf, is there any reason why this isn't a thing?

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022

That would be great. It doesn't even need to be anyone 'huge', like you say, just somebody who is a current WWE wrestler. That really would be a game changer.

If it's anyone who has been publicly released by WWE, then it's going to fall flat IMO.

SparkedIntoLife

Tbf, is there any reason why this isn't a thing?
Maybe no regulatory body? Obviously wrestling isn't as lucrative as football and there's more people typically to pay. It makes sense in small numbers though. I'd see it being more AEW signing WWE guys than the other way around. I guess we see it occasionally rather than it become a regular thing.

cyberman

Yeah, someone like Shane or bigger to make it something worthwhile of hype.

Need shock value.
I don’t think there is much hype from AEWs end. Just seems to be cocaine fuelled tweets from Friday night. It’s the fanbase that’s running wild.
That’s ok since they need a bounce back from their disappointing numbers last week but this is only set up for disappointment imo.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC

Now hear me out.....Haas, Benjamin and Lesnar in the world's greatest stable. Book it Vince.

I don’t think there is much hype from AEWs end. Just seems to be cocaine fuelled tweets from Friday night. It’s the fanbase that’s running wild.
That’s ok since they need a bounce back from their disappointing numbers last week but this is only set up for disappointment imo.
Nah bollocks, Tony just yesterday sat down with sports illustrated and hyped it up.