Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Minkaro

Was reading other day, former WWE ref say that during pandemic, they took 4 hours to shoot 1 match.

From that time period, there wasn't any match half decent, so to spend 4 hours faking a 10 minute match and still be awful, says a lot about Vince and WWE
Wasn’t that one of the Edge/Orton matches? Sure they spent ages filming one of those.

choccy77

Wasn’t that one of the Edge/Orton matches? Sure they spent ages filming one of those.
Probably, but who know's with Vince and Kevin Dunn being such control freaks.

Did you hear at the start of Raw last night, Cole saying "Yes Sir" to Vince on the headset.

I have no idea how Cole has put up with Vince shouting at him for 20 years

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Totally forgot mania is this weekend. Surely this has to be one of most underwhelming mania card, at least since 2000. This is the issue when you put all the eggs in one basket aka roman and Brock. I think this will be the first mania in some years that I may skip.
Have to disagree. They've finally made Brock Vs Roman compelling. Theres Edge Vs AJ which should be a banger, cody Vs Seth which should be entertaining. Bianca/Becky, Owens/Austin. You'd be a fool sleep on the raw tag team triple threat, and dunno if you saw Pat Mcaffe wrestle on NXT, but he's good and that can be entertaining too.

Don't see the point of lashley/Omos unless Omos is going over which he's not.

On a sidenote, fair play to Pat getting himself a match on wrestlemania.

choccy77

Have to disagree. They've finally made Brock Vs Roman compelling. Theres Edge Vs AJ which should be a banger, cody Vs Seth which should be entertaining. Bianca/Becky, Owens/Austin. You'd be a fool sleep on the raw tag team triple threat, and dunno if you saw Pat Mcaffe wrestle on NXT, but he's good and that can be entertaining too.

Well, according to Vince, all you have to do is ask.

choccy77

If I were Vince, I would be so tempted to have Rhodes come out as Stardust at Mania, after all that build up
Nah, Yellow Polka Dots

Actually, what would be funny is if it wasn't Cody at all, but right at the end Cody comes out and cost's Seth the match and then they have a big RAW main event?

I mean, would deffo pull in ratings for Raw.

Last edited:

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Nah, Yellow Polka Dots

Actually, what would be funny is if it was Cody at all, but right at the end Cody comes out and cost's Seth the match and then they have a big RAW main event?

I mean, would deffo pull in ratings for Raw.
That's....a very good idea. I think I'd prefer that.

Do wonder, who's idea was it for Cody to flat out debut at mania with 0 build, Vince or Cody. Wonder if we'll get an AEW mention at mania.

AshRK

Well we have seen Roman Brock for countless times so nothing new there. Yes the build has been good.

Edge/AJ sounds amazing on paper and am pretty sure it will deliver but I am a bit disappointed with the build. In fact I would have started their build from the rumble and given a proper story. Just AJ answering Edge and Edge turning heel looks a lazy booking.

Becky as a heel is stupid to begin with so I pass. And same with Charlotte/Rousey. Tired seeing them battle.

I am a big fan of Austin so him showing up does excite me but what's the end goal here. As a one off it sounds fun but it will do nothing for owens in the long run.

Now as for cody, well might not be popular here but never been his fan. He may beat Seth but 6 months he will be back doing nothing and just feuding random people.

For a two day event I don't see anything special with this card.

choccy77

That's....a very good idea. I think I'd prefer that.

Do wonder, who's idea was it for Cody to flat out debut at mania with 0 build, Vince or Cody. Wonder if we'll get an AEW mention at mania.
Yeah, I mean, WWE are obviously playing off all the internet rumours to bring in watchers, but again, it's just laziness because they are incapable of building something creatively

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Well we have seen Roman Brock for countless times so nothing new there. Yes the build has been good.

Edge/AJ sounds amazing on paper and am pretty sure it will deliver but I am a bit disappointed with the build. In fact I would have started their build from the rumble and given a proper story. Just AJ answering Edge and Edge turning heel looks a lazy booking.

Becky as a heel is stupid to begin with so I pass. And same with Charlotte/Rousey. Tired seeing them battle.

I am a big fan of Austin so him showing up does excite me but what's the end goal here. As a one off it sounds fun but it will do nothing for owens in the long run.

Now as for cody, well might not be popular here but never been his fan. He may beat Seth but 6 months he will be back doing nothing and just feuding random people.

For a two day event I don't see anything special with this card.
I mean yeah I think you should skip both shows entirely, as the things they are doing well you're actively trying to poke holes in :lol:

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I mean yeah I think you should skip both shows entirely, as the things they are doing well you're actively trying to poke holes in :lol:
They're not doing much well in fairness.

The logic of sacking off half the roster then trying to put together a 2 night ppv about sums them up.

They had a trump card with Rhodes and even that is being wasted really. Everyone knows it's going to be him and the match itself will serve no purpose other than the supposed surprise of it being him.

choccy77

Seems like Shane O Mac is gonna be at Mania.

Could it be, Shane is Seths opponent and maybe, Cody turns up at some point?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Seems like Shane O Mac is gonna be at Mania.

Could it be, Shane is Seths opponent and maybe, Cody turns up at some point?
Be a fun fake out, Shane's music hits, he comes out, but then he stands aside for Cody.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Honestly there's not a single match there that I feel like I want to watch. Probably AJ Vs Edge if it didn't have such a shite build or if there was actually any purpose to it.

Half the card just seems to have been thrown or patched together as if they only announced Wrestlemania was a thing 2 weeks ago.

Even Reigns Vs Brock feels a bit empty as they've alleviated the two of them so far above anyone else there's nowhere credible to go with it after.

choccy77

Honestly there's not a single match there that I feel like I want to watch. Probably AJ Vs Edge if it didn't have such a shite build or if there was actually any purpose to it.

Half the card just seems to have been thrown or patched together as if they only announced Wrestlemania was a thing 2 weeks ago.

Even Reigns Vs Brock feels a bit empty as they've alleviated the two of them so far above anyone else there's nowhere credible to go with it after.
Apparently, the midcarder with the word is Reigns possible next feud.

Someone stick me with the sword please.

Still, only another 368 days until Rock vs Roman ..... if Rock can find the time

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC

Heel Roman is the best Roman. Everything about his presentation is on point now. Even down to his final boss music.

choccy77

So Shane O Mac could be the swerve and Cody no shows?

Ronda v Charlotte match result spoilt already and why they moved it away from main event.

Gotta love WWE

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022

Ronda v Charlotte match result spoilt already and why they moved it away from main event.

Gotta love WWE
If only they didn’t force everyone to watch it, eh?

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC

Gotta love WWE
You know, if you stayed off Reddit and dirt sheets, nothing would be spoiled for you...

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Apparently, the midcarder with the word is Reigns possible next feud.

Someone stick me with the sword please.

Still, only another 368 days until Rock vs Roman ..... if Rock can find the time
Thing is it makes no sense after the build to have Brock lose, but even if he won they'd still have nowhere to go after because they've neglected the credibility of the rest of the roster so much.

Reigns monster run in itself has made no sense. One minute he's corpsing Bryan and Edge at the same time then piling their bodies on top of each other, the next he literally has to get God to interfere in a match and cheat for him to beat Fin Balor.

I mean wrestling has rarely made sense but WWE just seem like they rip up all their plans and start again 3 times a week. It's gotten to the point where outside of Roman Vs Brock (which in itself has been a bit of a fumbling mess and mainly bailed out by the two of them managing to make it work) nothing actually even happens.

The only other match on the card with any credible build is Zayn Vs fecking Jonny Knoxville.

The build to Seth's match has literally been him moaning every week that he hasn't been given a build to a match.

Part of what made the last AEW PPV entertaining was that every match had a story behind it and either fed into or concluded that story. Pretty much everything on the card had something stand out or notable to take from it. All this is doing really is the same as WWE used to do back when it wasn't garbage, even in spite of being "sports entertainment" or whatever it is CM Punk probably still rants himself to sleep over.

Last edited:

b82REZ

Well that's the point, they should be making a product that is must watch.

Sadly, they don't
But you comment incessantly about this supposed poor product. They're clearly doing something right, even if you're only keeping up with news from WWE for some childish point scoring against AEW.

We all see the dirt sheet news, you seem to think posting them, or alluding to them in here is some sort of gotcha moment.

If you can't get hyped and enjoy the build up to what is still the pinnacle of the entertainment we all claim to enjoy, why not take a little break and come back posting next time AEW have an Iron Man match with no clear winner?

cyberman

Gotta love WWE
All champions prior to ppv are advertised as champions for the few weeks after

choccy77

But you comment incessantly about this supposed poor product. They're clearly doing something right, even if you're only keeping up with news from WWE for some childish point scoring against AEW.

We all see the dirt sheet news, you seem to think posting them, or alluding to them in here is some sort of gotcha moment.

If you can't get hyped and enjoy the build up to what is still the pinnacle of the entertainment we all claim to enjoy, why not take a little break and come back posting next time AEW have an Iron Man match with no clear winner?
You always seem to throw AEW like a stone, I literally do not watch either of these, so therefore, your words of abuse, are kinda pointless.

I'm more inclined to check out AEW if I hear something good about the show, than sit through watching 5 hours of awful product that Vince seems to love, and the odd 5 year old.

You seem genuinely hurt at criticism for a poor product. I feel for you, you clearly seem affected way to much, for it to be healthy.

Enjoy watching Mania, I can't think of anything better for you to do for two days.

b82REZ

You always seem to throw AEW like a stone, I literally do not watch either of these, so therefore, your words of abuse, are kinda pointless.

I'm more inclined to check out AEW if I hear something good about the show, than sit through watching 5 hours of awful product that Vince seems to love, and the odd 5 year old.

You seem genuinely hurt at criticism for a poor product. I feel for you, you clearly seem affected way to much, for it to be healthy.

Enjoy watching Mania, I can't think of anything better for you to do for two days.
:lol:

So you don't watch wrestling, just comment on it, all the time.

I couldn't care less for your expert "analysis" of wrassling. I'm very much a fair weather fan in my old age. I watch a bit of both major promotions and recognise the good and bad in both.

Wrestlemania is the Superbowl/Champions League final of the industry. But all you seem to do is post glib remarks about how Vince is some senile old man and how his main events have been spoilt already. I think you may be the one who is a little too invested, or for lack of a better phrase, obsessed.

I'm genuinely intrigued as to why you're such a prominent poster in here, one who regularly reposts "news" from widely available sources online, yet apparently doesn't watch it.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
In fairness, Wrestlemania this year is the champions league final if Burnley and the socceraid world xi were somehow both in it.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Really hope AEW will come to the UK this year. Absolutely would love to see this Bryan Danielson in person.

Ladron de redcafe

I couldn't care less for your expert "analysis" of wrassling. I'm very much a fair weather fan in my old age. I watch a bit of both major promotions and recognise the good and bad in both.

Wrestlemania is the Superbowl/Champions League final of the industry. But all you seem to do is post glib remarks about how Vince is some senile old man and how his main events have been spoilt already. I think you may be the one who is a little too invested, or for lack of a better phrase, obsessed.

I'm genuinely intrigued as to why you're such a prominent poster in here, one who regularly reposts "news" from widely available sources online, yet apparently doesn't watch it.
Yeah, I'd have to agree. I like Choccy's comments in general, but find the anti McMahon stuff out of place at times. If I recall correctly, even a post about Scott Hall's passing was a dig at McMahon's. Which I found more than a little bizzare.

I hope everyone enjoys watching whatever show they prefer, and there seem to be many who lean to WWE as well as those who prefer AEW. But if someone decides that a show is nonsensical and the main decision maker is senile, what's the point in continually watching and complaining about it? If someone doesn't watch a show because he thinks it's awful, then the input of that individual loses some meaning because it's coming from someone who doesn't follow the product on which he's commenting.

EvilChuck

Gotta love WWE
Makes sense to not have Cody at Mania. If he debuts and beats Rollins, it legitimises that AEWs stars are legitimate stars and can beat anyone on the WWE roster.

Makes more sense that its Shane, save Vince's ego somewhat.

Then have Roman beat Lesnar, do a promo on Raw about being the head of the table, and talk about how he is from the most important wrestling family of all time, gets interrupted by Cody who has the Rhodes name. Instant feud over which family is more important, and the WWE title.

Sylar

Tbf wm could have been one day given the matches
Roman brock main event
And yeah, the problem is where do you go after that? Nobody is even on a level below them...

Seth challenge match
Ko/Austin segment
The two women's titles
One celeb match
Edge/AJ

The rest just sound like random raw and sd matches
Maybe add the Orton tag title match and you got a decent 4 hour mania

The Hilton

Wrestlemania is the biggest event in wrestling, by a mile, and will continue to be for a long time. It's such a historically important event, even if the card is a bit rubbish.

Having said that, I really can't get excited over it this year, Roman vs Brock for what feels like the millionth time, a cameo from SCSA, and maybe Cody vs Rollins (which is the highlight if it happens).

I'll probably watch some highlights to see what happens.

Last edited:

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Yeah, I'd have to agree. I like Choccy's comments in general, but find the anti McMahon stuff out of place at times. If I recall correctly, even a post about Scott Hall's passing was a dig at McMahon's. Which I found more than a little bizzare.

I hope everyone enjoys watching whatever show they prefer, and there seem to be many who lean to WWE as well as those who prefer AEW. But if someone decides that a show is nonsensical and the main decision maker is senile, what's the point in continually watching and complaining about it? If someone doesn't watch a show because he thinks it's awful, then the input of that individual loses some meaning because it's coming from someone who doesn't follow the product on which he's commenting.
It could just an imbedded loyalty to wwe. Similar to how we'll all moan that United are shite but then still sit and watch them draw 0-0 with Norwich in a few weeks.

Personally, outside of some of the work individual wrestlers do, I'd struggle to find anything positive at all to say about WWE over the past year, but I still follow it and will probably continue to, because it was what I grew up with and because I want it to get better.

I don't have the same sense of loyalty or familiarity with AEW even though I think it's far superior entertainment at this particular moment in time.

choccy77

But that's the point,

I would watch it, if it was worthy of the investment of time required, however, the quality of the product (not wrestling) is so poor from even 5 years ago.

Of course i will single out Vince, he runs every aspect of the show, no one else.

I've watched WWF & WCW since Wrestlemania 1989 and as a kid I rented out or bought all the old PPVs back then from Wrestlemania 1 onwards.

Today, the company makes crazy money whist providing a poor product and sacks so many talented people, because these guys have no clue how to use them.

NXT was the best thing they had, Vince destroyed it, because of his ego.

Vince is to blame for the good and the bad, why are you defending him so much?

That's the real question.