g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Minkaro

Wheeler Yuta vs Jon Moxley on Rampage was superb. Excellent in-match storytelling to elevate Yuta as a character.

Sylar

It was great but at the risk of going all cornette would like to see a Moxley match not go outside the ring into the crowd all the time

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
The constant changing and shortening of names has to be one of the weirdest things about the current WWE product.

How long before Ciampa loses his Tommaso?
I was genuinely surprised it didn't happen last night... i give it 2 months max.

It's funny really, has a major WWE star ever only had one name? There's The Rock and The Undertaker of course (still technically two names...) but they're obvious nicknames/gimmicks...

Sylar

I was genuinely surprised it didn't happen last night... i give it 2 months max.

It's funny really, has a major WWE star ever only had one name? There's The Rock and The Undertaker of course (still technically two names...) but they're obvious nicknames/gimmicks...
And they always emphasised on the 'The' part. Especially for the Undertaker with his introduction.

Kane maybe? Yokozuna before that? If you count wcw Sting?

But all top guys (even now) have had two names as you state.
Women it works with, Paige, Asuka, Chyna, Lita, Sunny, Sable.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
PPV do we think? Or just an overhyped house show in a stadium?
More than the aus show they did a couple years back, less than Saudi Arabia.
Therell be one or two title changes and wade barret will probably do a segment since they got rid of Regal.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
PPV do we think? Or just an overhyped house show in a stadium?
Judging by when the PPV dates are this year (Saturdays at the beginning of the month - Backlash 8th / HIAC 5th / MITB 2nd) then it looks like it'll be Septembers PPV.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Annoyingly the vice president I met last year no longer works with wwe so doubt I'll be getting those tickets :(

The Hilton

I'm tempted to get tickets for the show too, will have to wait and see if it's a real PPV or if it's just a big Raw/Smackdown

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Its not even Summerslam ffs :lol:
First big stadium event in the UK for 30 years is a big deal, to be fair.

If it's successful, i'd imagine the calls for Summerslam to come back would be huge. (Although it'd have been nice to be back at Wembley 30 years later)

choccy77

First big stadium event in the UK for 30 years is a big deal, to be fair.

If it's successful, i'd imagine the calls for Summerslam to come back would be huge. (Although it'd have been nice to be back at Wembley 30 years later)
Yeah, but it's just weeks after Summerslam, so why not just do Summerslam?

Wait, do they have Summer in Wales?

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Safe to say it has now left us :lol: :(
The weather's been mental here this year hasn't it? Last Friday for example (at least in my area) I'm pretty sure everything that is possible to happen, happened. Snow, hail, sunshine, heat, high winds, calm blue skies, overcast, all within like 12 hours.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
The weather's been mental here this year hasn't it? Last Friday for example (at least in my area) I'm pretty sure everything that is possible to happen, happened. Snow, hail, sunshine, heat, high winds, calm blue skies, overcast, all within like 12 hours.
Yep! Absolute madness at the moment, making it hard to make plans to be honest :lol:

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Yeah, but it's just weeks after Summerslam, so why not just do Summerslam?

Wait, do they have Summer in Wales?
It's over a month later to be fair, and as @cyberman says, they have a deal in place for that already.

Thing is it doesn't need to be Summerslam for WWE to sell out or near sell out and they know it. A PPV event in the UK is a big enough deal without it having to be one of the big ones

Dan600

And they always emphasised on the 'The' part. Especially for the Undertaker with his introduction.

Kane maybe? Yokozuna before that? If you count wcw Sting?

But all top guys (even now) have had two names as you state.
Women it works with, Paige, Asuka, Chyna, Lita, Sunny, Sable.
Could throw in a Batista maybe? I'd add Umaga too. Otherwise there's one still on the roster in Edge. And you've got Goldberg too. Vader was another, although outside of WWF/WWE he was more Big Van Vader really, but just as Vader he was instantly known to most wrestling fans. Scraping the barrel I could add Finlay, Christian, Haku, Goldust, Rikishi, Rusev, Ryback. They can definitely work and people can become stars regardless of names, but I feel like when they do they start out as single names in the first place when they do. When wrestlers lose first names it seems to damage them somehow. Deacon/Dave Batista and Bill Goldberg the exceptions.

And you could even add ECW to the originators of the single name wrestlers who became stars, with Raven, Tazz, Rhyno, Sabu, Sandman. Hell maybe it's a Paul Heyman thing :D

Sylar

Could throw in a Batista maybe? I'd add Umaga too. Otherwise there's one still on the roster in Edge. And you've got Goldberg too. Vader was another, although outside of WWF/WWE he was more Big Van Vader really, but just as Vader he was instantly known to most wrestling fans. Scraping the barrel I could add Finlay, Christian, Haku, Goldust, Rikishi, Rusev, Ryback. They can definitely work and people can become stars regardless of names, but I feel like when they do they start out as single names in the first place when they do. When wrestlers lose first names it seems to damage them somehow. Deacon/Dave Batista and Bill Goldberg the exceptions.

And you could even add ECW to the originators of the single name wrestlers who became stars, with Raven, Tazz, Rhyno, Sabu, Sandman. Hell maybe it's a Paul Heyman thing :D
Batista and edge defo
Not sure about the rest :nervous: