Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Nico87

The take of allowing a contract to expire being as bad as releasing talent only months into one is utterly bizarre. Khan is a cringeworthy man child and the ghosting of talent is classless, but it’s still exponentially preferable to fulfil the terms of a contract you have agreed.

The Hilton

The take of allowing a contract to expire being as bad as releasing talent only months into one is utterly bizarre. Khan is a cringeworthy man child and the ghosting of talent is classless, but it’s still exponentially preferable to fulfil the terms of a contract you have agreed.
Not only that, but look at how the Cody situation was handled - Khan could have held on to him for another year, and delayed his WWE comeback, but let him go as he wasn't happy there anymore. On the reverse side, WWE are known for sitting on folks they aren't using out of pettiness. Even the direct comparison, with Cody, it required some lobbying by HHH to convince them to release Cody out of respect for Dusty.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Did no one watch Raw??
Lolno.

Watched the end of Theory/Balor this morning. Went as expected.

The next full show I watch will probably be backlash. Maybe. Want to see the usos unify the tag titles and bloodline draped in gold :drool:

I'd love to see undisputed elite and the bloodline in a storyline together.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Lolno.

The next full show I watch will probably be backlash. Maybe. Want to see the usos unify the tag titles and bloodline draped in gold :drool:

Draped in silver. The look of the tag titles is one of my biggest pet peeves with WWE.

They used to look so prestigious...

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Seems like they're strapping a rocket to Austin Theory. Fair play, he's a good heel and it's nice to see them pushing somebody new and young.

Bwuk

Seems like they're strapping a rocket to Austin Theory. Fair play, he's a good heel and it's nice to see them pushing somebody new and young.
Makes sense. Young, good looking, can work a mic. Could see Theory winning MITB either this year or next.

cyberman

Best young star in the world imo. The next era belongs to him

Sylar

Lolno.

Same
I tried raw and sd after mania
Going back to ppvs

Sylar

He's good. MJF coming over would ecplise him though.
Both are good but yeah mjf is awesome. Think even if curbed by WWE he would still shine on the mic

I’m glad he’s getting a big chance. I worried when he was called up initially and sent back to NXT
Same. The whole thing with putting him with zelena and that mess was something

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Yeah MJF is out ahead for me. Every week his segments are the best on either brand, whatever fued he's in seems to be the most entertaining, and most of his matches are pretty good too.

Only criticism is he uses cheap heel tactics to get reactions, but then that's no different to any other of the best heel characters really.

MUW4Eva

Grayson Waller is a fantastic heel, he is definitely someone who could be right at the very top.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Poor treatment of Finn Balor. No idea where he goes from here. Possible reunion of a stable with Styles?
Came up from NXT (where he was champion), into a feud with Reigns. Got to the finals of the KOTR and then won and held the US Title for almost 2 months. Hardly unfair?

He should've been on Mania.. Ridiculous that neither the US or IC title were on the Mania card, but i've seen a few mention on twitter about how Balor should ask for his release due to his treatment which I just find mind boggling. The guy is 40. If WWE is going down the route of making new stars, then Balor's role is probably going to be mid card, maybe a stable/tag titles and the occasional flirt with the main event

TheGame

Came up from NXT (where he was champion), into a feud with Reigns. Got to the finals of the KOTR and then won and held the US Title for almost 2 months. Hardly unfair?

He should've been on Mania.. Ridiculous that neither the US or IC title were on the Mania card, but i've seen a few mention on twitter about how Balor should ask for his release due to his treatment which I just find mind boggling. The guy is 40. If WWE is going down the route of making new stars, then Balor's role is probably going to be mid card, maybe a stable/tag titles and the occasional flirt with the main event
It was more the fact he came in strong and won the Universal title. I know he got injured but just dont feel they made the best use of him.

Same with Kevin Owens really who has excellent mic and in ring skills but seems to get involved in bizarre feuds rather than compete for titles.

Sylar

Balors time has passed. Then again you're never too old with this version of Vince.
A few of these people spent too much time in nxt.

The injury when he won the universal title was the worst thing to happen to him. He basically was miscarder from that point.

I'm thinking about his match as demon with reigns and laughing thinking about the ending

Ekeke

Yeah MJF is out ahead for me. Every week his segments are the best on either brand, whatever fued he's in seems to be the most entertaining, and most of his matches are pretty good too.

Only criticism is he uses cheap heel tactics to get reactions, but then that's no different to any other of the best heel characters really.
Agree. He's leagues ahead of anyone else as the cocky annoying heel. I do understand people who dont like cheap heat and yelling though, he's extreme with those things and maybe you dont need them

cyberman

I will respectfully disagree there - I think he could even become as close as anyone has to the next Austin level. I may well be wrong but I can see a huge future for him.
But he’s really small. Like tiny small. There’s a gif of Joe pushing him to the side a few years back and Joe looks as if he’s Big Show in the clip
https://tenor.com/view/mjf-maxwell-jacob-friedman-samoa-joe-nxt-champion-nxt-take-over-gif-18167424
There’s only so much talking you can do, visuals do matter in WWE and to be a massive star you have to be there for a long period of time imo. It’s not as if he can go out there and out talk Edge, Owens or Roman with Heyman standing beside him etc to make up the difference. Not saying he can’t be a star but to be the name in the industry you have to have it all. You need stature

Ekeke

But he’s really small. Like tiny small. There’s a gif of Joe pushing him to the side a few years back and Joe looks as if he’s Big Show in the clip
https://tenor.com/view/mjf-maxwell-jacob-friedman-samoa-joe-nxt-champion-nxt-take-over-gif-18167424
There’s only so much talking you can do, visuals do matter in WWE and to be a massive star you have to be there for a long period of time imo. It’s not as if he can go out there and out talk Edge, Owens or Roman with Heyman standing beside him etc to make up the difference. Not saying he can’t be a star but to be the name in the industry you have to have it all. You need stature
How big was Bryan Danielson?

More importantly how big is McGreggor? Because he's the biggest sports/combat/entertainment star in recent history and he certainly wasnt 6'3+

Charisma is what matters. People actually caring about you one way or another. Some people confuse this with being loud or having whacky mannerisms. Thats not it. Its about whether the audience cares when you do things good or bad in the storylines and height has very little to do with that. It obviously can play into a character or story to be a big guy, but you need a bunch of other charisma and well done matches/promos/angles on top of that as well.

Heyman is MJF's only counterpart

The Hilton

Balors time has passed. Then again you're never too old with this version of Vince.
A few of these people spent too much time in nxt.

The injury when he won the universal title was the worst thing to happen to him. He basically was miscarder from that point.

I'm thinking about his match as demon with reigns and laughing thinking about the ending
This was typical WWE, writing themselves into a corner by feeding the Demon to Reigns and then dropping the entire thing without any explanation.

Still, as others have said, Balor is basically a charisma vacuum with great abs, so he's around about where he belongs.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
How big was Bryan Danielson?

More importantly how big is McGreggor? Because he's the biggest sports/combat/entertainment star in recent history and he certainly wasnt 6'3+

Charisma is what matters. People actually caring about you one way or another. Some people confuse this with being loud or having whacky mannerisms. Thats not it. Its about whether the audience cares when you do things good or bad in the storylines and height has very little to do with that. It obviously can play into a character or story to be a big guy, but you need a bunch of other charisma and well done matches/promos/angles on top of that as well.

Heyman is MJF's only counterpart
In fairness a McGregor comparison is daft in that MMA has weight classes. He'd never be the star he was today if he was in the cage from the start with men the size of Jon Jones or Francis N'Gannou because he'd get leathered so quickly his charisma wouldn't mean shit. That aside I don't necessarily disagree with your point - wrestling involves a suspension of disbelief anyway, and has written storylines and long term booking so charisma can get you a long way. I don't even think that clip of him next to Joe is that bad either.

Google has CM Punk at around 6ft, BD at 5ft8 and MJF at 5ft9, for reference.

Ekeke

In fairness a McGregor comparison is daft in that MMA has weight classes. He'd never be the star he was today if he was in the cage from the start with men the size of Jon Jones or Francis N'Gannou because he'd get leathered so quickly his charisma wouldn't mean shit. That aside I don't necessarily disagree with your point - wrestling involves a suspension of disbelief anyway, and has written storylines and long term booking so charisma can get you a long way. I don't even think that clip of him next to Joe is that bad either.

Google has CM Punk at around 6ft, BD at 5ft8 and MJF at 5ft9, for reference.

The point is McGreggor was the bigger star than the bigger weight classes. He was the main event and reason those ppvs sold and set records

MUW4Eva

Anyone not really all that excited about that announcement by Tony Kahn, just another PPV for AEW, he is getting worse and worse for hyping things up.

Sylar

I like it, he's giving fans (well their base) what they wanna see. Will be interesting to see what matches they have and who wins

Also sting taking off a mask to reveal its sting always makes me laugh. Don't know if he's done it in WWE, but he's now done it in WCW, TNA and aew

cyberman

Anyone not really all that excited about that announcement by Tony Kahn, just another PPV for AEW, he is getting worse and worse for hyping things up.
It’s weird because angles, storylines etc exist in wrestling for a reason. It’s why the Survivor Series matches fall flat when it’s just x v y for no reason

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
When's wardlows contract up? I'd be shocked if he isn't heavily on WWEs radar.

SparkedIntoLife

Any of you going to For The Love Of Wrestling convention in Liverpool tomorrow and Sunday? My friend and I have got photos booked with Bray Wyatt, MJF, Trish Stratus and probably 2 others (maybe 2 of Sting, JR and Kurt Angle).

choccy77

Bret Hart has signed a big deal with WWE apparently.

AEW have dropped all teases of him coming now.