Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

cyberman

MJF sounds like he's done. Showed up last minute, left right after and is now off the road for several weeks alongside a social media blackout saying he has things to think about.
This is a real test for AEW and its fanbase. Its been years of claiming Vince should let those who want to leave go, stuff like Jeff Hardy was right to walk out from a match so he could be released etc. It would be severely hypocritical to bench MJF for 18 months imo.

choccy77

MJF sounds like he's done. Showed up last minute, left right after and is now off the road for several weeks alongside a social media blackout saying he has things to think about.
This is a real test for AEW and its fanbase. Its been years of claiming Vince should let those who want to leave go, stuff like Jeff Hardy was right to walk out from a match so he could be released etc. It would be severely hypocritical to bench MJF for 18 months imo.
Sounds like over the last few weeks (especially) that the MJF Tony Khan relationship has disintigrated to the point where, it's probably better for both parties to move on.

Sad thing is, I bet Khan was gonna pull the trigger on MJF getting the title in the next 12 months for sure, maybe sooner even, but now, it's unlikley, unless something really changes.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Double or Nothing was a good show, but overall the card felt a bit long for me with just two or three too many matches. I don’t need that many midcard matches.

I think Punk winning the title will make for more interesting TV for the foreseeable.

I thought the Anarchy in the Arena brawl was the best match of the night and the best team brawl I have seen for a long time, bettering the various Stadium Stampede, WarGames and Blood and Guts matches in recent years. I’m not sure whether the first part of the match playing out to Wild Thing was a production error that they then leant into. Crowd loved it and it added to the atmosphere.

AEW need to get on with introducing the 6-man tag titles. If Kenny Omega won’t be back for a while, then so be it. There’s too many other great teams and matches that we need to get to. House of Black would be great first champions, maybe up against the Blackpool Combat Club in a tournament final.

Would have preferred a more competitive match between MJF and Wardlow, but none of us know what is really happening. If he can’t be trusted to be built around, then you can write off any main event feuds and title runs for him. There’s plenty of midcarders he can put over. You can always invoke the “no dickheads” rule and leave him at home if he is proving toxic.

This is a real test for AEW and its fanbase.
:lol:

cyberman

Sounds like over the last few weeks (especially) that the MJF Tony Khan relationship has disintigrated to the point where, it's probably better for both parties to move on.

Sad thing is, I bet Khan was gonna pull the trigger on MJF getting the title in the next 12 months for sure, maybe sooner even, but now, it's unlikley, unless something really changes.
I dunno. MJF has openly talked about WWE for a long time now and Tony might have held that against him. From the briefings that everybody backstage thinks he shouldn't get a raise (ridiculous) to waiting until 18 months before the end of his contract to negotiate a raise, MJF has been fecked around imo. The entire fanbase and reporters are saying its ridiculous to sign another deal when there aren't more years added on despite AEW doing exactly that with TNT.
I honestly don't think Tony was ever going to give him a meaningful win.

cyberman

Double or Nothing was a good show, but overall the card felt a bit long for me with just two or three too many matches. I don’t need that many midcard matches.

I think Punk winning the title will make for more interesting TV for the foreseeable.

I thought the Anarchy in the Arena brawl was the best match of the night and the best team brawl I have seen for a long time, bettering the various Stadium Stampede, WarGames and Blood and Guts matches in recent years. I’m not sure whether the first part of the match playing out to Wild Thing was a production error that they then leant into. Crowd loved it and it added to the atmosphere.

AEW need to get on with introducing the 6-man tag titles. If Kenny Omega won’t be back for a while, then so be it. There’s too many other great teams and matches that we need to get to. House of Black would be great first champions, maybe up against the Blackpool Combat Club in a tournament final.

Would have preferred a more competitive match between MJF and Wardlow, but none of us know what is really happening. If he can’t be trusted to be built around, then you can write off any main event feuds and title runs for him. There’s plenty of midcarders he can put over. You can always invoke the “no dickheads” rule and leave him at home if he is proving toxic.

Whats so funny? #freeAli

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Good the title is on Punk... It'll be back to being the biggest thing on Dynamite (as it should be).

Overall I don't think the Hangman reign has been an overwhelming success... Understand they kinda had to put the title on him when they did, but to me he never felt like a top tier star

MUW4Eva

What??

Introduce yet MORE titles??

Why??

There are already too many titles as it is!

You have the two main ones (men's/women's)

Then TBS, TNT.

Then tag titles.

Then FTW.

Plus the RoH ones being on the show as well, so that is another (mens/women's, TV title, & tag team titles) set.

Soon if you don't have a title then you will be the exception!

Why the need for yet more titles??!

Ekeke

Getting worked. Match would have been cancelled if he only showed up last minute. Better for character/story that he "turned up last minute and left right after". The same person who got worked over "the flight" SRS was told this information :lol:

Imo hardball over money/new contract. Absolutely frustrations, absolutely a decent chance he'll go to WWE in 2.5 years at the end of his current deal. But also absolutely a chance that in 2 years he might be loving it again in AEW and has signed a new deal. So we'll see. Also just thought, Cody's situation shows this kind of drama can raise your profile. Wouldnt be surprised if MJF took notes and is using it to make his name bigger

Bwuk

Getting worked. Match would have been cancelled if he only showed up last minute. Better for character/story that he "turned up last minute and left right after". The same person who got worked over "the flight" SRS was told this information :lol:

Imo hardball over money/new contract. Absolutely frustrations, absolutely a decent chance he'll go to WWE in 2.5 years at the end of his current deal. But also absolutely a chance that in 2 years he might be loving it again in AEW and has signed a new deal. So we'll see. Also just thought, Cody's situation shows this kind of drama can raise your profile. Wouldnt be surprised if MJF took notes and is using it to make his name bigger
I don't get that line of thinking at all.

The story for yesterdays match was meant to be Wardlow finally getting over and destroying MJF. If it's a work it's failed because all it led to was Wardlow becoming a total afterthought in the match.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
That arena match was for me the best thing AEW has ever done and one of the best things I've seen in years. Absolutely loved it.

Ekeke

I don't get that line of thinking at all.

The story for yesterdays match was meant to be Wardlow finally getting over and destroying MJF. If it's a work it's failed because all it led to was Wardlow becoming a total afterthought in the match.
The story for MJF's character, not the story for the match.

MJF's character is the arrogant self obsessed heel who has been talking up going to the opposition. If he did the match but turned up a minute before it and left right after it keeps MJF as the story which is what he wants. He's the one saying it not someone else. Its absolutely not for Wardlow's benefit.

In reality if he turned up right before the match they would have cancelled the match and gone with a plan B. You cant wait till the last moment hoping the match happens. They would have given Wardlow something else instead and if MJF is only turning up at the last minute why would you trust him to do whats asked and not get himself counted out or dq'd or something instead copping out.

So obviously they came to an agreement for the night and he probably turned up a lot longer than right before. But you're going to say he turned up last minute because it plays into the drama

Bwuk

The story for MJF's character, not the story for the match.

MJF's character is the arrogant self obsessed heel who has been talking up going to the opposition. If he did the match but turned up a minute before it and left right after it keeps MJF as the story which is what he wants. He's the one saying it not someone else. Its absolutely not for Wardlow's benefit.

In reality if he turned up right before the match they would have cancelled the match and gone with a plan B. You cant wait till the last moment hoping the match happens. They would have given Wardlow something else instead and if MJF is only turning up at the last minute why would you trust him to do whats asked and not get himself counted out or dq'd or something instead copping out.

So obviously they came to an agreement for the night and he probably turned up a lot longer than right before. But you're going to say he turned up last minute because it plays into the drama
I think it was a work I just think it’s stupid. The shine was meant to be on Wardlow, instead it just became about whether MJF was turning up or not.

Im not convinced MJF would even end up in the WWE.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Decent card overall (albeit I skipped the Jade and both the Owen Hart matches) but a few too many botches for my liking.

Again really enjoyed Death Triangle v House of Black. Pac needs to be higher up the card now. He never has a bad match.

The Arena streetfight was fun though not really sure what it does for anyone other than Jericho. Kingston v Bryan?

Deeb v Rosa was one of the best women's matches they've done. Some nice submissions.

Wardlow v MJF was a logical conclusion to that saga. Imagine that hurt a lot as well as his elbow was bleeding and he was clearly trying to put his arms down first on the last few.

If MJF does leave they should slingshot Ricky Starks into that spot imo. Not as good on the mic (yet) but I think he's better in the ring and again is just a natural heel without really having to try.

Punk winning was spoilt for me by my news feed this morning but I kind of expected it. Decent match apart from the obvious Punk botches.

Adam Cole does nothing for me at all. Think I'll be skipping all his matches in future.

Ekeke

I think it was a work I just think it’s stupid. The shine was meant to be on Wardlow, instead it just became about whether MJF was turning up or not.

Im not convinced MJF would even end up in the WWE.
Cody will have already told him if they are interested. Of course they are. That doesnt mean Vince would want to make him top heel. It doesnt even mean Vince has ever seen anything he's done... But obviously some of the higher ups backstage who do look at talent outside the company and who to hire want him. Then Vince may decide to stick him in the US title picture or something for some odd reason. And thats the WWE gamble and why AEW is probably a better option for most. If you can get a really good spot like Cody has had so far then its a winning ticket. But most dont get that

choccy77

Sounds like MJF isn't going to be on TV for a period and He and Khan are set for talks in the near future to try and resolve ongoing issues.

I also heard Hardy isn't in the best shape again, hence was pulled from Dynamite match.

Bwuk

Cody will have already told him if they are interested. Of course they are. That doesnt mean Vince would want to make him top heel. It doesnt even mean Vince has ever seen anything he's done... But obviously some of the higher ups backstage who do look at talent outside the company and who to hire want him. Then Vince may decide to stick him in the US title picture or something for some odd reason. And thats the WWE gamble and why AEW is probably a better option for most. If you can get a really good spot like Cody has had so far then its a winning ticket. But most dont get that
How many of the ex-WWE stars that AEW have signed end up in a spot similar to Cody? AEW's got a ridiculously large roster for the amount of TV time.

Maybe they would go for MJF for a mid card title run, but I don't see him ever really being a main eventer in the WWE.

Bwuk

Sounds like MJF isn't going to be on TV for a period and He and Khan are set for talks in the near future to try and resolve ongoing issues.

I also heard Hardy isn't in the best shape again, hence was pulled from Dynamite match.
Shock horror. He looked terrible vs The Bucks.

It was clear something was up when he left WWE despite Matt Hardys protest.

Stevondo8

Not that’s it’s necessarily related, but it’s Jeff so you never really know, does aew have a wellness policy/equivalent? Quick google only takes me to 2020 reports that say it doesn’t.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC

That stinks of rewriting history to fit narrative.

Jeff was fine when he left WWE hence why they pretty much begged to have him back.

He's fecking old and has no right to walk as well as he does considering the career he's had, that's it. It's not exactly shock horror he can't go again 3 days later.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Why has money in the bank been moved from a stadium to MGM grand? Ticket sales?

Ekeke

He just had a stuntman match with Darby. During the match at the ppv it looked more to me that he couldnt keep his boots on as they didnt seem to be laced and kept coming from underneath his pants. Even if that is the case, he should be better prepared and not have things like that happen.

The Hilton

Jesus this thread is tedious, the usual characters peddling the usual nonsense.

I particularly enjoyed "this is the first big test for AEW and its fans".

Jeff's body is battered and needs a rest, but some folks are acting like he's high again, and the attempt to draw parallels between MJF and Sasha/Naomi is really disingenuous.

I enjoyed double or nothing - it certainly wasn't the best PPV that AEW have put out but it was still entertaining, and the arena anarchy match was brilliant from start to finish. Also the Women's title match was great, probably the best women's match I've seen.

Adam Cole does nothing for me at all. Think I'll be skipping all his matches in future.
I get this, but in fairness his most recent matches have been his best by far, particularly against Dax in the semi final recently. If he keeps that up, and adds some more depth to his character, he'll be a lot more entertaining.

cyberman

Jesus this thread is tedious, the usual characters peddling the usual nonsense.

I particularly enjoyed "this is the first big test for AEW and its fans".

Jeff's body is battered and needs a rest, but some folks are acting like he's high again, and the attempt to draw parallels between MJF and Sasha/Naomi is really disingenuous.

I enjoyed double or nothing - it certainly wasn't the best PPV that AEW have put out but it was still entertaining, and the arena anarchy match was brilliant from start to finish. Also the Women's title match was great, probably the best women's match I've seen.

I get this, but in fairness his most recent matches have been his best by far, particularly against Dax in the semi final recently. If he keeps that up, and adds some more depth to his character, he'll be a lot more entertaining.
Of course it’s a test. This happens in WWE and the wrestler is a huge victim to evil Vince or they’re being mistreated and deserve a huge push. It’s how they welcome every former WWE free agent ffs. If Tony decides to bury MJF with the fan base backing then it’s a huge slice of hypocrisy.
Don’t be so sensitive. Remember Punk lecturing about standing with talent regardless if you agree with their actions?
Radio silence now

The Hilton

Of course it’s a test. This happens in WWE and the wrestler is a huge victim to evil Vince or they’re being mistreated and deserve a huge push. It’s how they welcome every former WWE free agent ffs. If Tony decides to bury MJF with the fan base backing then it’s a huge slice of hypocrisy.
Don’t be so sensitive. Remember Punk lecturing about standing with talent regardless if you agree with their actions?
Radio silence now
Sensitive? Ironic from the guy trying to defend Vince's honour. Besides, I'm not being sensitive, just rolling my eyes at your usual nonsense attempts to find a stick to beat AEW with.

MJF wants a pay rise, has been offered one in the form of a new, extended contract, but has refused that offer. In that situation, you either take the new contract or see out the one you signed, just like footballers. If he asks for a release, and Tony says no and sits on him, then you may have a point. As it is now, it's just one of your usual transparent attempts to attack a company you don't like but can't stop posting about.

cyberman

Sensitive? Ironic from the guy trying to defend Vince's honour. Besides, I'm not being sensitive, just rolling my eyes at your usual nonsense attempts to find a stick to beat AEW with.

MJF wants a pay rise, has been offered one in the form of a new, extended contract, but has refused that offer. In that situation, you either take the new contract or see out the one you signed, just like footballers. If he asks for a release, and Tony says no and sits on him, then you may have a point. As it is now, it's just one of your usual transparent attempts to attack a company you don't like but can't stop posting about.
He has been offered a pay rise near the end of his contract? Plus Sasha etc never asked for their release but didn’t stop the likes of FTR jumping in saying follow your dream!? What stopped Punk going on a tirade against Córdona for not backing up fellow wrestlers in situations like this when *checks notes* neither Sasha and Naomi have asked for their release?
This is where the likes of you use limited information to differentiate between situations just because you like one company and not the other. This is my point. Not one mention of MJF being jobbed out to every big star he faced as an example. Nope, not being misused. He should be happy that KOR is making 3x what MJF is or Mark Henry 5x.
Transparent? I have like 10 posts on here. Notice I didn’t say WWE was in the right here btw, just asking if AEW and it’s fan base will stay consistent.
Independent contractor! There should be a union!
Cry some more buddy

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Not one mention of MJF being jobbed out to every big star he faced as an example. Nope, not being misused.
Huh? Sorry but that's absolute bollocks.

He famously beat Cody at the end of their feud to prevent him challenging for the title. Jericho and Darby are others I remember. He's won that diamond ring tournament twice and they made a big thing about him being 'unbeaten' for a very long time.

Only 'big star' I can think of I can think of is Punk who he scored a win over earlier in the feud and obviously he put Wardlow over at the weekend.

To say he's been jobbed out is utter nonsense. He's clearly been one of their biggest and most protected wrestlers since he turned on Cody.

The Hilton

He has been offered a pay rise near the end of his contract? Plus Sasha etc never asked for their release but didn’t stop the likes of FTR jumping in saying follow your dream!? What stopped Punk going on a tirade against Córdona for not backing up fellow wrestlers in situations like this when *checks notes* neither Sasha and Naomi have asked for their release?
This is where the likes of you use limited information to differentiate between situations just because you like one company and not the other. This is my point. Not one mention of MJF being jobbed out to every big star he faced as an example. Nope, not being misused. He should be happy that KOR is making 3x what MJF is or Mark Henry 5x.
Transparent? I have like 10 posts on here. Notice I didn’t say WWE was in the right here btw, just asking if AEW and it’s fan base will stay consistent.
Independent contractor! There should be a union!
Cry some more buddy

I think this might be your most childish post in the thread yet, which is saying something. Nothing but strawmen, projection, and blatant untruths.

Genuinely mate, if you don't like AEW, why don't you stop talking about it? All of your posts in this thread are just looking for reasons to attack the company. Just stick to watching what you like and discuss that instead.

Ekeke

Huh? Sorry but that's absolute bollocks.

He famously beat Cody at the end of their feud to prevent him challenging for the title. Jericho and Darby are others I remember. He's won that diamond ring tournament twice and they made a big thing about him being 'unbeaten' for a very long time.

Only 'big star' I can think of I can think of is Punk who he scored a win over earlier in the feud and obviously he put Wardlow over at the weekend.

To say he's been jobbed out is utter nonsense. He's clearly been one of their biggest and most protected wrestlers since he turned on Cody.

Yep. If anything the only thing I would have changed is that they didnt go back to Cody and MJF at some point. I think Cody losing that and not getting proper revenge for MJF costing him the chance to win the title was the start of Cody going from the biggest babyface to trapping himself in the midcard.

MJF has eventually won his feuds and then moved on to another big star, while the people he has beaten havent really had satisfying revenge. Wardlow is the first time with the 10 powerbombs and contract really