Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Its not a good look for anyone tbh.

Absolute 0% chance other people there didn't know stuff like this was going on. Maybe if its the odd misdemeanor you can understand wanting to just turn a blind eye, but this is way beyond that. Anyone who knew and allowed it to continue for this long (and in all likelyhood it was going on for years longer) is complicit in it...and you'd have to suspect that's quite a lot of people. The idea that HHH would have no clue for example is quite silly.

Aside from that being an obvious very big moral issue, the problem with not clearing everyone out is that the more that comes to light, the more complicit in it they might become...but then you can't just sack or remove people until there is sufficient evidence or outside pressure, so you'd suspect that's the route this is going to take.

Sylar

Its not a good look for anyone tbh.

Absolute 0% chance other people there didn't know stuff like this was going on. Maybe if its the odd misdemeanor you can understand wanting to just turn a blind eye, but this is way beyond that. Anyone who knew and allowed it to continue for this long (and in all likelyhood it was going on for years longer) is complicit in it...and you'd have to suspect that's quite a lot of people. The idea that HHH would have no clue for example is quite silly.

Aside from that being an obvious very big moral issue, the problem with not clearing everyone out is that the more that comes to light, the more complicit in it they might become...but then you can't just sack or remove people until there is sufficient evidence or outside pressure, so you'd suspect that's the route this is going to take.
Yep this is fair. I agree with the first part
But the second part is the important part and they endeavour/ tko can't do anything until they investigate and even then you can't do it on hearsay.

I know he “retired” before but he was still connected as he was able to bring himself back to sell the company.

Is this the first time he’s actually been properly gone?
Yep. He has no power to bring himself back but it's a good thing.

Vince screwed Vince

Sylar

Hyped for the rumble im not little that old creep ruin this event
Same, it's probably my fav event. Wrestlemania is an extravagant event but rumble is different and normally a lot of fun

JP77

Please no Rumble spoilers lads outside of the spoiler tag, managed to avoid any talk of potential surprises tonight and actually going to try stay up. Probably the most I’ve been excited for a Rumble in a while tbh.

No doubt will have crashed and be falling asleep by midnight :lol:

Castia

Prepared a load of spicy chicken wings, got a ton of sweets and drinks at the ready!

It's the first time in years where it's hard to pinpoint the winner they could go in multiple directions this year

Chances of The Rock coming back to win it? probably low but it would set up the match against Roman if its happening at this years Mania

Then there's Punk and his challenge for Rollins

Then there's Cody who wants to finish his story

Interestingly Gunther is second favourite with the bookies to win it

jasT1981

Chances of The Rock coming back to win it? probably low but it would set up the match against Roman if its happening at this years Mania
I think he will come out at the end of Reigns match, they stare down and Rock points to the WM Sign as the Rumble goes off air.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Please no Rumble spoilers lads outside of the spoiler tag, managed to avoid any talk of potential surprises tonight and actually going to try stay up. Probably the most I’ve been excited for a Rumble in a while tbh.

No doubt will have crashed and be falling asleep by midnight :lol:
Anything you see would most likely be speculation rather than spoiler id imagine.

feck Vince, glad he's gone. Most hyped rumble in years and yet again the vile cretin has cast a shadow over the event. Glad he'll finally get his due.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I'm just shocked it wasn't a former or current Diva/wrestler who exposed him.

The guy spent the late 90s and much of the 00s booking himself into romance/sex angles with almost every busty blonde he hired. If that's what he was up to on screen, you can only imagine the backstage/casting couch environment.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Possibly but I do think the issue is much wider and will implicate plenty of others who work for the brand as it comes out.

WWE’s reputation is going to be annihilated and I think they’ll be huge repercussions.
Endeavour will have no problem cleaning out house I imagine, but it's a multi-billion dollar company. To be frank, there's too much money involved in it for the company to have real repercussions. You see slimjims have done a full 180 now that Vince is gone for example.

JP77

For anybody watching on the Network tonight, when you go to watch now and scroll along the schedule does it say offline later tonight when the Rumble is supposed to be on?

Holocene

Possibly but I do think the issue is much wider and will implicate plenty of others who work for the brand as it comes out.

WWE’s reputation is going to be annihilated and I think they’ll be huge repercussions.
I doubt anything will happen to WWE.

There will be an investigation and some executives/staff will be fired. Mostly people the fans and public have never heard of.

The only way I see this really damaging WWE is if more victims come forward and there's definitive proof of cover ups spanning decades. For what it's worth, I do think Vince has been doing this for decades but I'll be very surprised if it all comes out.

TheReligion

Abusive
Endeavour will have no problem cleaning out house I imagine, but it's a multi-billion dollar company. To be frank, there's too much money involved in it for the company to have real repercussions. You see slimjims have done a full 180 now that Vince is gone for example.

There will be an investigation and some executives/staff will be fired. Mostly people the fans and public have never heard of.

The only way I see this really damaging WWE is if more victims come forward and there's definitive proof of cover ups spanning decades. For what it's worth, I do think Vince has been doing this for decades but I'll be very surprised if it all comes out.
I can see much more coming out. This is likely the tip of the iceberg?

I think Tony Khan will be rubbing his hands together.

Oldyella

Wrestlers have been at this kind of stuff for years no? Sure I remember reading about this kind of grim stuff years ago

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC

With Vince McMahon? Sure, that's not hard to believe.

With WWE? No. He does not own the company anymore it's as simple as that.
The allegations first came out in 2022 and he's since sold the company for billions and they just got a multi-billion dollar netflix deal. As I said, too much money flowing in for anyone to allow it to fold over the actions of a former owner.

Tony Khan has nothing to gain from this other than the fact that no one will be thinking about christ Jericho and his allegations.

Ekeke

WWE management needs a major transplant. All Vince's guys and people who learned from Vince need to be gone. People like Michaels shouldnt be there in the first place with his history.

TheReligion

Abusive
With Vince McMahon? Sure, that's not hard to believe.

With WWE? No. He does not own the company anymore it's as simple as that.
The allegations first came out in 2022 and he's since sold the company for billions and they just got a multi-billion dollar netflix deal. As I said, too much money flowing in for anyone to allow it to fold over the actions of a former owner.

Tony Khan has nothing to gain from this other than the fact that no one will be thinking about christ Jericho and his allegations.
As you can see already this isn’t going away.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Fiver on Becky and Cody to win the rumbles. It's amazing how into the rumble you get when you put money on it, suddenly wrestlers hanging off the rope or missing a clothesline becomes quite tense :lol:.

noodlehair

"It's like..."

Wouldn't be sure on that. If this makes it to court then everyone else with a story to tell will suddenly have no reason other than self preservation not to.

Stephanie resigned as soon as Vince was back. That tells you this was not exactly a well kept secret, which means there will be others with dirty hands.

Vince might not be there anymore but he was literally the person in charge, not some ex employee for 15 years ago. The only thing protecting WWE is the already gutter reputation of the wrestling business, but even that has limits that stop some way short of sex trafficking an orphan.

I think it will survive ok but there could be some very turbulent waters ahead and more heads to role...and frankly feck 'em.

Nothing was done about this for who knows how long and even now only because a victim stood up for themselves and made it public. No hint of anyone in WWE actually wanting to put a stop to it. If there is a crash and burn then serves them fecking right

TheReligion

Abusive
And as you can see already, sponsorships are already doing 180s now he's officially out the company in all capacity.
It already has. We have to remember this isn’t breaking news, it’s over a year old
Don’t bury your heads. The scandal is just getting started and there’s plenty of people still at the company, possibly even wrestling, likely to be heavily implicated or involved. Even turning a blind eye.

Gavinb33

Why because no one is talking about the blind eye he took with Chris Jericho so it wouldn't derail his TV deal in the early stages of AEW.

Let's be real wrestling history has always been murky as thats not to diminish Vince's actions as they are hideous but they are in a long line of hideousness that is wresting, WWE will carry on but there will be an executive level clear out be interesting to know how much Triple H knew of these things

Ekeke

Crazy to look at how WWE were able to get the Netflix and TKO merge deals despite the investigations going on with Vince. Looks crazy bad for both of them and if they were signed right now surely they would have saved a lot of money

Zen

Crazy to look at how WWE were able to get the Netflix and TKO merge deals despite the investigations going on with Vince. Looks crazy bad for both of them and if they were signed right now surely they would have saved a lot of money
Generally I would of thought the same... but it's actually not effected the stock price in the absolute slightest and it had a solid day and half to react to it too. It's like it's just background noise really, that seems mental to me.

cyberman

Why? This all happened and came to light a year ago. It doesn’t change anything

TheReligion

Abusive
Why because no one is talking about the blind eye he took with Chris Jericho so it wouldn't derail his TV deal in the early stages of AEW.

Let's be real wrestling history has always been murky as thats not to diminish Vince's actions as they are hideous but they are in a long line of hideousness that is wresting, WWE will carry on but there will be an executive level clear out be interesting to know how much Triple H knew of these things
Of course. I do think people are deluded if they think what’s been in the news is it though. Clearly much more is coming and many others are going to be implicated.

The die hards seem to be okay sweeping it under the rug though but I’ll tell you now they’ll need more than your standard weave.

Ludens the Red

Yeah I am a little surprised by the reaction to this. It’s Vince and his sidemen. WWE has too many current superstars doing good things publicly for the old man to have such an overall impact on how they’re viewed. Everyone knows loads within WWE have been trying to drive Vince out for years. As @Gavinb33 said there’ll probably be an executive level clear out and WWE will carry on as normal.

Of course. I do think people are deluded if they think what’s been in the news is it though. Clearly much more is coming and many others are going to be implicated.

The die hards seem to be okay sweeping it under the rug though but I’ll tell you now they’ll need more than your standard weave.
Be surprised if there is. It was a much bigger story a year ago. Vince at the time was full front facing. The obvious other glaring issue is this case to start with is a lawsuit case. It’s not criminal. By time Vince and his lawyers go receipt collecting and character assassinating on anyone who does speak up you’re left in murky waters.

Sylar

I reckon Cody and Becky win elimination chambers to become number one contenders

I'm hoping after SD we have Bayley win the rumble but going after Iyo.
Although you could have Becky2 time and get challenge Rhea whilst Bayley loses due to Dakota or damage control and thus win chamber and challenge Iyo, and they all turn on her.

I can see Punk winning the rumble challenging Seth, and Cody winning a cross brand chamber or Cody winning, challenging Roman, and punk winning chamber to challenge Seth.

I'm really looking forward to both Rumbles though

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC

Don't think anyone in their right mind is sweeping it under the carpet. But to say this is the end of WWE, like you did, is hyperbole.

Ekeke

The details did not. Those came out this week - to us anyway. And the details are what reflects badly on everyone involved since the start of the Vince investigation.

Its one thing for Vince to be paying someone to keep quiet about a sexual affair, quite different when its keeping quiet about being pimped out to other WWE employees, forced sexual assault with sex toys, being shit on during a 3 some and other abusive behaviour. Also her coming forward with these details despite that being incredibly hard for someone in her position who is admitting these things were done to her its likely that others will come forward.

A high profile person in the company having an affair that involved keep quiet money isnt that strange. What we're learning about now is very strange and extremely dangerous. Anyone involved needs to be out now.

cyberman

The details did not. Those came out this week - to us anyway. And the details are what reflects badly on everyone involved since the start of the Vince investigation.

Its one thing for Vince to be paying someone to keep quiet about a sexual affair, quite different when its keeping quiet about being pimped out to other WWE employees, forced sexual assault with sex toys, being shit on during a 3 some and other abusive behaviour. Also her coming forward with these details despite that being incredibly hard for someone in her position who is admitting these things were done to her its likely that others will come forward.

A high profile person in the company having an affair that involved keep quiet money isnt that strange. What we're learning about now is very strange and extremely dangerous. Anyone involved needs to be out now.
The details have little to do with it. He was exposed as a sexual predator and had to quit. When he did, SD got the highest ratings it had in years that week. Then that sexual predator came back in charge, sold the company and fired executives who voted against him and that sexual predator became an executive on the new board, I think 3rd most powerful man there. With all that in mind they had the year they’ve had signing the deals they had.
Having that sexual predator now leave will not somehow see WWE in a worse light than keeping him on and receiving billions of dollars on top of that. It just can’t. It doesn’t make sense.
go back one year, the outrage wasn’t some rich man having an affair. It was this monster is finally getting exposed. You’re underplaying the outrage back then. It was so bad he stepped away from WWE, he wasn’t forced out. Thats how bad it was

galwayfa

heel Vince is a lot better than real Vince( at a time when i thought they were some reality to it), how the hell does his kids knowing he openly cheated on their mother multiple time put up with this over the years, money is a strange thing, money , power and no respect for other people, thats a mad thing, but but Shane and Stephanie should have got out in support of mother

galwayfa

The details have little to do with it. He was exposed as a sexual predator and had to quit. When he did, SD got the highest ratings it had in years that week. Then that sexual predator came back in charge, sold the company and fired executives who voted against him and that sexual predator became an executive on the new board, I think 3rd most powerful man there. With all that in mind they had the year they’ve had signing the deals they had.
Having that sexual predator now leave will not somehow see WWE in a worse light than keeping him on and receiving billions of dollars on top of that. It just can’t. It doesn’t make sense.
go back one year, the outrage wasn’t some rich man having an affair. It was this monster is finally getting exposed. You’re underplaying the outrage back then. It was so bad he stepped away from WWE, he wasn’t forced out. Thats how bad it was
He would have called it STD instead of SD but he was clean