Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Ole'sbodyguard

Isn't that the point, leave you wanting more. I want more tell ya that much. Also, kind of establishes The Shield as the "faces" of the match.
Well after watching Raw last night I felt like not watching for a couple of weeks due to how bored I was so it did not leave me wanting more. I'm used to Raws like this now but I expect a hell a lot more in the run up to Mania and after all the shit with Punk and Bryan. It's only two weeks until Elimination Chamber and it's obvious the Shield vs Wyatts match is a one shot deal before the Shield split and the Wyatts move onto Cena so there is not a lot of time waiting for the "more" especially when Raw last night lacked any type of instant gratification.

After shows like always wonder why I bother watching WWE. It's under 2 months to the biggest show of the year, when you know Vince brings out all his efforts, and I'm bored and just feel like I am watching the same old shit.

2x G.N. Sweepstake Winner, Apprentice Winner 2013
Somewhere between a rock and a hard place.
Well after watching Raw last night I felt like not watching for a couple of weeks due to how bored I was so it did not leave me wanting more. I'm used to Raws like this now but I expect a hell a lot more in the run up to Mania and after all the shit with Punk and Bryan. It's only two weeks until Elimination Chamber and it's obvious the Shield vs Wyatts match is a one shot deal before the Shield split and the Wyatts move onto Cena so there is not a lot of time waiting for the "more" especially when Raw last night lacked any type of instant gratification.

After shows like always wonder why I bother watching WWE. It's under 2 months to the biggest show of the year, when you know Vince brings out all his efforts, and I'm bored and just feel like I am watching the same old shit.
I think that's the point though! Why would WWE have Shield vs Wyatts on free TV when they can get people to buy their PPVs and watch it there? The tension was palpable, I thought that segment was really well done. It's predictable how that match will finish but still they're building to it well.

Also Sheamus/Christian vs. Real Americans was a solid tag match. I hope they let Cesaro do himself justice in the Chamber before he's the 2nd one out of there.

b82REZ

I think that's the point though! Why would WWE have Shield vs Wyatts on free TV when they can get people to buy their PPVs and watch it there? The tension was palpable, I thought that segment was really well done. It's predictable how that match will finish but still they're building to it well.

Also Sheamus/Christian vs. Real Americans was a solid tag match. I hope they let Cesaro do himself justice in the Chamber before he's the 2nd one out of there.
I still have a suspicion Lesnar will attack him or Christian so he gets their spot in the chamber match. Brock declaring himself number one contender kind of just stopped so I think it's be a decent swerve. If WWE decide to insert Lesnar into the match and remove one of the other participants I hope it's Cena.

I believe the Wyatt/Shield match will steal the show though.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Lesnar in the elimination chamber is a real possibility IMO. After the stare down a few weeks back I could quite see Lesnar becoming champ and then facing Batista at 'mania.

Ole'sbodyguard

They would not be giving away any match on free TV by having them doing more than the Wyatts running away. If it was going to be a long series of matches I'd be more likely to agree but this is going to be a one shot deal and the ending is predictable.

I'd also be more likely to agree if Raw was not such a filler show this week. People are only going to buy a PPV if they thing it's worth the money and maybe I am in the minority but I have been really bored by the show week in week out and after the Rumble fiasco I was really expecting this to be sold a lot better.

JP77

See it a few days back, likely a load of bollocks from either a fan or non worker. That or yet again more of a work. Did strike me as strange that this letter comes out and three/four days later Orton is cutting a promo opening up Raw about being the face and doing Michael and Kelly stuff just like the letter did. I'd go with the former though and say it's a load of absolute bollocks.

MoneyMay

Agree with @JP77

Orton has been excellent IMO.

Since we're talking about the crowd, I've noticed that in the last two weeks, the audience has been subdued when Daniel Bryan's theme music has hit. That's what it seems like, and reports are that WWE lower the audience sound. :lol:

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
JBL and Cole show is incredible.

This won't make sense, but theres a nice little dig at Punk in intro

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
It would be great if this Punk thing was resolved imagine the possibility of Punk sitting front row in Chicago as a 'fan' and ending up fighting with HHH making it look legit.

Following that Hunter runs punk down week after week while challenging him to a 'fight' at Mania, make it seem a real possibility that punk won't show until the point he walks into mania with HHH waiting for him in the ring - the pop would be huge, they could brawl for 20 mins and everybody's happy.

Or is that too simple for WWE?

JSArsenal

It would be great if this Punk thing was resolved imagine the possibility of Punk sitting front row in Chicago as a 'fan' and ending up fighting with HHH making it look legit.

Following that Hunter runs punk down week after week while challenging him to a 'fight' at Mania, make it seem a real possibility that punk won't show until the point he walks into mania with HHH waiting for him in the ring - the pop would be huge, they could brawl for 20 mins and everybody's happy.

Or is that too simple for WWE?
It would be even better if WWE don't outright acknowledge the fact that Punk is in the crowd, like how they do with celebrities when they pan the camera on them for a good 30 seconds. I'd just love it if they continued the show as usual but you can see this guy in the front row who obviously is Punk but the camera never focuses on him or acknowledges his presence until Triple H appears and Punk jumps over the barricade.

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
It would be even better if WWE don't outright acknowledge the fact that Punk is in the crowd, like how they do with celebrities when they pan the camera on them for a good 30 seconds. I'd just love it if they continued the show as usual but you can see this guy in the front row who obviously is Punk but the camera never focuses on him or acknowledges his presence until Triple H appears and Punk jumps over the barricade.
Exactly, there a major chance for them to make this seem legit and really boost interest heading into Mania

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Well in lad :) Delighted for ye!

Although, wrestlers are gonna hate you now with your "dirtsheet" articles! I can feel the hate right now :P
Cheers mate, yea i know, but i'm only doing profiles and Pay-per-view histories and stuff like that so I should have John Cena knocking me out any time soon.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
:lol:

Don't worry, I'll protect you..I'm 6ft, 11 and a half stone...He'll kill me. But I couldn't care less once I get a slap in on that smug face of his
You say that now, but John Cena seems like an incredibly sound man, I think I'd end up on the beers with him.

Zen

Looks like Randy ON ON to me.

But either way, that's more like later Summer 2000, Orton was training around then.

MoneyMay

Nice article, Ben.

Randy Orton is putting on his best work in a while (arguably his best). I've never liked him before, but I'm starting to like him now. There is one better wrestler than him at the moment and that's Daniel Bryan. I wouldn't be surprised if Orton loses against Sheamus. It looks like he's going to retain the title at the Elimination Chamber.

Moving onto WrestleMania, I think it's going to go two ways. It's either going to be HHH vs. Bryan and have a stipulation in there saying that if Bryan beats HHH, he will get a chance at beating Batista (who I presume is going to win the title at WrestleMania). Or they can have a triple threat match (Orton vs. Batista vs. Bryan) and have Batista win the title. There's just so much buzz around Bryan and it's not your average flavour of the month - they can make this work.

Minkaro

Randy Orton is putting on his best work in a while (arguably his best). I've never liked him before, but I'm starting to like him now. There is one better wrestler than him at the moment and that's Daniel Bryan. I wouldn't be surprised if Orton loses against Sheamus. It looks like he's going to retain the title at the Elimination Chamber.
Orton's a very good wrestler. Just off the top of my head I can remember one very good match against Cody Rhodes, and another against Goldust that he's had recently. Then there was that series against Christian a few years ago. There's more, but I'm just picking the ones I can remember right now. I remember people at the time saying "oh, look how well Rhodes/Goldust/Christian did here" and I was thinking "hang on a minute, I'm sure there was someone else in those matches." As a wrestler, Orton has a great moveset, like the Rope Hang DDT, the Backbreaker thing that he does, and although it's incredibly simple, I find that stomping thing he does around the opponent's limbs to look really cool and methodical. Really, the only problem that I had with Orton in the past is his promo style, and since he's become the WWEWHC he's started talking a little bit quicker, without so many pauses that made him seem, to my mind, boring. My favourite match of his is still that brilliant Street Fight against Cactus Jack in 2004 though.

Although this nonsense about only Bryan being better than him needs to stop. I will not allow this blatant racism against Swiss people to stand :mad:.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
I genuinely think Ortons promo style is because he keeps forgetting his words.

MoneyMay

Orton's a very good wrestler. Just off the top of my head I can remember one very good match against Cody Rhodes, and another against Goldust that he's had recently. Then there was that series against Christian a few years ago. There's more, but I'm just picking the ones I can remember right now. I remember people at the time saying "oh, look how well Rhodes/Goldust/Christian did here" and I was thinking "hang on a minute, I'm sure there was someone else in those matches." As a wrestler, Orton has a great moveset, like the Rope Hang DDT, the Backbreaker thing that he does, and although it's incredibly simple, I find that stomping thing he does around the opponent's limbs to look really cool and methodical. Really, the only problem that I had with Orton in the past is his promo style, and since he's become the WWEWHC he's started talking a little bit quicker, without so many pauses that made him seem, to my mind, boring. My favourite match of his is still that brilliant Street Fight against Cactus Jack in 2004 though.

Although this nonsense about only Bryan being better than him needs to stop. I will not allow this blatant racism against Swiss people to stand :mad:.
Agree with you.

Cesaro to shine at the end of this year is my prediction.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert

Aye, to be fair, Orton is a quality wrestler, I really like the rope hand DDT, I especially like that he gave up finding "natural" setups for it, and instead just picks them up and horses them into it because he can. Adds a vicious edge to it, over an opportunistic one.

Minkaro

Forgot to praise Orton's snap Powerslam. Bit embarrassing, considering it's one of my favourites of his.