Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
I like your suggestion, first match at Mania Vs HHH. DBD wins but after the match gets beat down with a sledgehammer or something like that. Against the worst odds DBD still competes in the main event and wins. Rumours are tonight Hogan involved being the host or guest GM tonight somehow and we get Kane v DBD. DBD wins is in the main event, we get a great moment with him and Hogan at the end of Raw. DBD/Hogan Vs the Authority. I actually wouldn't mind that either.

I know most people don't have much faith in WWE now but I think they will get this one right. Orton v Batista would go down like a fart in a lift. 2 things will happen we get DBD in the main or they hide the title match. Have Lesner v Taker end it, DBD v HHH before that with Orton v Batista 3rd from the end. The reaction to both over past weeks is telling. Not just the "IWC" but the chants every week. Can you imagine the crowd reaction in New Orleans if that was the main event? If you thought the chanting at the Rumble during Cena/Orton was bad this would be on another level. WWE can't risk that.
Oh great, SuperBryan.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
How are they going to get Bryan in the title match now?

Didn't win Rumble, didn't win at Elimination chamber last night so to me if they do put him in, it will just feel they've shoe-horned him in there instead.

What are they going to do? Just have someone come out and announce he's in the title match like how he was anointed by Cena?

Being gifted a title shot does Bryan's underdog character no favours because instead of earning it through hard work, he gets it on the whim of someone else.

If anything it should be Triple H vs Bryan at Mania with the stipulation that if Bryan wins, he gets inserted into the main event.

Two birds one stone, he gets his revenge on HHH, fans get to see their favourite wrestler twice in one night and he ends the night standing tall as WWE champ.

I think you are nearly spot on there. I personally reckon it'll be DB vs Kane at 'mania with the stipulation that if Bryan wins he'll enter the Championship match.

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
I think you are nearly spot on there. I personally reckon it'll be DB vs Kane at 'mania with the stipulation that if Bryan wins he'll enter the Championship match.
Could they go one further and have him face Kane, to face Triple H, to enter the title match...really make it a backs to the wall situation.

We would all know where it's going but how glorious would it be.

JP77

Finally managed to sign up to the Network.

Pretty damn immense and at about 6 quid a month? Hell yeah. WCW PPV marathon!

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Bryan will be in the main event.

The night ended with commentator Michael Cole nearly losing his voice selling how cheating Bryan out of title wins has gone on long enough.
Contrary to the popular belief IWC guys that nobody cares about opinion that Bryan is getting buried by having so much TV time and being one of the main focal points for the main storyline for a year, this really does show how the WWE is positioning to put the strap on Bryan. Vince and HHH are in the commentaries ears all night and Cole wouldn't be saying this if there wasn't anything in it.

Havak

Pokemon master
Was a decent PPV, but obviously the most predictable one ever.

I have a few questions about the WWE Network:

1. Is this going to be the only way to access PPV Events now? Or will they still be on Sky Sports / Sky Box Office, thus watch-able via streams?
2. Is RAW/SmackDown still going to be on Sky Sports and if so, will the episodes be added to the Network as well? Or is it just stuff from PPV Events and 'bonus content' (probably interviews I'd never watch).

I'm not sure if I want to fork out £60 to watch six PPV's if I can still stream them anyway.. But if Raw/SmackDown were included I might be tempted due to the (I expect) HD quality for everything.

JP77

Was a decent PPV, but obviously the most predictable one ever.

I have a few questions about the WWE Network:

1. Is this going to be the only way to access PPV Events now? Or will they still be on Sky Sports / Sky Box Office, thus watch-able via streams?
2. Is RAW/SmackDown still going to be on Sky Sports and if so, will the episodes be added to the Network as well? Or is it just stuff from PPV Events and 'bonus content' (probably interviews I'd never watch).

I'm not sure if I want to fork out £60 to watch six PPV's if I can still stream them anyway.. But if Raw/SmackDown were included I might be tempted due to the (I expect) HD quality for everything.
UK wise, no. When it comes to the UK likely early next year, you'll still be paying for PPV's on Sky. Except now every PPV will be box office meaning 15 quid every single month. Raw/Smackdown etc will stay the same on Sky Sports. On the Network the Raw/Smackdown shows are put up after a month I believe.

There is a work around for UK people which means the Network will cost you 6 quid a month. So for 6 quid you can get all live PPV's, every single ECW, WCW and WWF/WWE PPV, Nitro's, Raw's, Smackdown's, ECW content, NXT, side projects...basically a massive feck off library. The reality is that at 6 quid it's an absolute steal.

Havak

Pokemon master
That seems pretty good. I think I'll still just stream stuff for now though and see how things go at first, will be nice to watch some of the old stuff again without having to browse through YouTube.

I'm hopeful that in the future, they don't renew contracts with Sky and just go Network only. I'll look into getting it for £6 a month though! Cheers.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
That seems pretty good. I think I'll still just stream stuff for now though and see how things go at first, will be nice to watch some of the old stuff again without having to browse through YouTube.

I'm hopeful that in the future, they don't renew contracts with Sky and just go Network only. I'll look into getting it for £6 a month though! Cheers.
That'll be a while away, they signed a contract with Sky through to 2019 just a few weeks ago.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I'm sure I read somewhere that Raw/smackdown/main event would all be given an encore showing (via on demand)a day later on the WWE network. I may be wrong but hopefully not.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Good ppv overall apart from the divas filler match (although I love A.J).

Why did they feel the need to bring the wyatts in to eliminate Cena? That ruined It a little for me.

I expected the Kane interference but even that was stupid with him hitting Bryan twice?. Anyway interesting to see what happens next...

Ole'sbodyguard

Oh great, SuperBryan.
I'd be happy with that scenario, or at least having Bryan having to wrestle two matches with a stipulation on the first one. It might be supermanish booking but wrestling has always been like that. Austin overcame the boss of the company and a hired corporate body of wrestlers to eventually win the title against his boss's wishes, Hogan beat unstoppable monster after unstoppable monster and Cena kicks out of everything at two. What matters is the build up to the match is good and the people get a pay off they want.

THe wrestling two matches at Mania has been done once before with the Hitman but no one has ever done a stipulation match like that and it ties together about six month's of storylines quite neatly with Orton, HHH and Bryan. It also put Bryan over huge and would be massive backing for him and sets Batista up with something to work with post mania. I can't see any reason not to pull the trigger on Bryan in that way, especially as Punk has fecked up HHH's mania match and Cena, Lesnar and Taker are going to be otherwise engaged. If the title match is simply going to be Batista going over Orton then they missed a real chance to capitalise on Bryan's momemtum. I think it would be better for Batista in the long run, his start to his return has really taken the gloss off of him.

BTW - I think Cena vs Wyatt is going to be very good and one of the best fueds of the last few years.

Ole'sbodyguard

Is turning him into a small beardy Cena really what ya'll want?
He's been booked like Cena since Summerslam. Only one clean loss and absolutely loads of wins. People don't care because the guy is mega over.

The fact that Cena is so stale and unpopular with so many should not change the fact that the top face normally gets booked very strongly and normally gets overly protected.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
He's been booked like Cena since Summerslam. Only one clean loss and absolutely loads of wins. People don't care because the guy is mega over.

The fact that Cena is so stale and unpopular with so many should not change the fact that the top face normally gets booked very strongly and normally gets overly protected.
One suggested him to win three matches in a night, against HHH, Kane and Orton+Batista. That's not strong booking, it's insane, and makes most of the upper card look like a joke.

Ole'sbodyguard

One suggested him to win three matches in a night, against HHH, Kane and Orton+Batista. That's not strong booking, it's insane, and makes most of the upper card look like a joke.
That's over the top. Winning a stipulation match if he was on first and then winning a triple threat main event is not that over the top though. Pointless adding the Kane match, it adds nothing to the story. Bryan vs HHH with a stipulation and then him winning the triple threat is just a variant on how the Hitman won the title at Mania 10. Can't see anything wrong with that way.

MoneyMay

I'm going to say it again.

I truly believe it will be Orton vs. Batista vs. Bryan at WM. WWE WILL make it happen. Batista and Orton are both heels. You need a face in there. Michael Cole's reaction last night is confirmation for me that Bryan will be put in with Orton and Batista IMO. After that, you can have a Bryan vs. Batista feud. The storyline could potentially involve Batista being hurt over Bryan being the one responsible for the crowd's reaction towards him.

Duffy

Gonna try and find the Shield/Wyatt match from last night before raw kicks off.

Duffy

Well in an interesting tidbit TNA has confirmed Sting is no longer under contract - could he actually show up tonight?

Duffy

Bryan vs Kane tonight? Hmmmm...

Can feel Lesnar Undertaker coming.

MoneyMay

Bryan vs Kane tonight? Hmmmm...

Can feel Lesnar Undertaker coming.
Great to have Bryan vs. Kane out the way. WWE doing the right thing.

Yeah, Undertaker will probably appear today. It's going to be a great RAW.

MoneyMay

Batista's going to be booked as a heel. Listen to that crowd reaction. Bryan is going to be in the match with Orton and Batista. They need a face.

Last edited by a moderator:

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
I don't watch anymore as such and I didn't know what his finisher was supposed to be like and thought "Jesus that's a very risky move"

He's hurt anyways. Read it on a forum from someone there

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I don't watch anymore as such and I didn't know what his finisher was supposed to be like and thought "Jesus that's a very risky move"

He's hurt anyways. Read it on a forum from someone there
I thought the worst alright, ref ran right over and told Cesaro and co. to get outta dodge quick. Presumably so they can swap to an ad, and get Big E help.