Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

prateik

Cesaro winning was the only good result... that and the Shield/AJ.

The streak ending is understandable.. Taker is old. He can't keep doing it.. and he can't stop if he doesnt lose. Should've been someone other than Lesnar.. but then, Lesnar is probably the the only one who could physically dominate someone like Taker.

I was done with Bryan when he started talking about the "Yes movement" and started wearing those shirts. He did a Cena last night. Orton shouldve retained it.

Disappointing.

Oh and Cesaro winning was clear. Foley let it slip in the pre show. Said the weekend, including Monday was going to be big for Cesaro.

Expect Cesaro to do something on Raw tonight.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Lesnar is probably the the only one who could physically dominate someone like Taker.
Physically hes the right guy, mentally hes the right guy and it wont really be a huge stain on his career either. It won't haunt him because hes had a very decent career before this. The only thing you can say is that hes a 'part timer' but even that isn't the greatest excuse. He was the right person imo.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Have to say, I loved the show... the only thing that was a let-down was the Wyatt/Cena match which I think tried to tell too much of a story and lost - what was quite a tough crowd - because of it... other than that though, Hogan/Rock/Austin stuff was fun, Bryan/HHH was outstanding (Fair-play to big Trips, he and Steph are the unsung heroes of this show - both in that opening match and they did a superb job of drumming up the heat for the main event.) The Shield match was what it needed to be and The Battle-Royale was fun with a superb climax.

Taker/Lesnar wasn't a great match... but I have to say, I've really come round on the ending... if only because that is a moment that I will never forget for as long as I watch Wrestling. Could it have gone to a better guy? Sure, but feck me, that crowd reaction... my reaction... priceless stuff really. If that's how Taker wanted to go out, who is anyone to question him... also, Paul Heyman was tremendous... he sold that streak ending better than anyone else could.

Main Event far exceeded my expectations actually... Orton and Batista both worked really hard, lots of good spots and near falls... and everything from after Trips got involved had heat to burn. Bryan winning was an excellent climax to the show and the little fecker earned it for the work he put in on this show.

So yeah, very happy with the show, and looking forward to tonight's RAW!

Swearengen

I'm 19, but old skool
Wrestlemania reaction:

HHH v Daniel Bryan: I enjoyed this match. It was physical, as expected, but HHH really impressed me with his technical abilities. He proved that he's as good as ever in the ring. You always know what to expect with Daniel Bryan. They played it out perfectly. 4,5/5.

The Shield v Kane & NAO: Did not see the point of this. We've already seen the Shield dominate so many times. This could've been different but it wasn't. It did nothing for the losing team, they looked incredibly weak. I would've had Ambrose turn on his partners. Neither team really needed the win, this should've been about the bigger story. 2/5.

Battle Royal: The match itself was nothing spectacular but the spots at the end were good. Cesaro winning was the right choice. The fans wanted it, he deserves it. Logical booking, and hopefully the first step in Cesaro reaching the main event scene. 4/5.

John Cena v Bray Wyatt: I loved Bray's entrance, it looked incredible. The psychology was there, they both did a great job of telling a story inside the ring. Cena may not be the best wrestler, but his storytelling is top notch. The actual wrestling was great as well. I've said it before. Bray is the best character in many years. He's brilliant in every way possible. But he should've won this one. Bray needed it. Cena didn't. They could've had John win the next match. Big mistake. 3,5/5.

Brock Lesnar v The Undertaker: This match was superb. After so much fast pace, I enjoyed a more methodical style. It was also what you expected. Did not see it coming though. The streak is over, Jesus. This probably means Taker's wrestled his last match. Legend! 4/5.

Divas match: Yeah yeah. AJ won, no one cares. They've not invested time in the build for the divas, why should we care? 1/5.

Main event: This was terrific from start to finish. Bryan gets his moment after much drama. Batista held his own and deserves praise for that effort. 5/5.

Overall: 4/5.

vanthaman

Winner
One thing I really liked about the ending of the streak match is that They didn't play lesnars music right away, and it was silent. Perfect

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Think you're being harsh on the Divas match, especially seeing as the ending was clever too. From most accounts, AJ tapped Naomi's hand to the mat to submit. Was a solid 2.5 btw.

vanthaman

Winner
Think you're being harsh on the Divas match, especially seeing as the ending was clever too. From most accounts, AJ tapped Naomi's hand to the mat to submit. Was a solid 2.5 btw.
I thought that was what happened. But the commentators didn't seem to mention it

Swearengen

I'm 19, but old skool
I was not interested in this match becomes it meant nothing. They invested no time into it. Divas can have good feuds and good matches. There's just no effort atm. Also, Naomi tapped with her other hand at the same time.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
I was not interested in this match becomes it meant nothing. They invested no time into it. Divas can have good feuds and good matches. There's just no effort atm. Also, Naomi tapped with her other hand at the same time.
It meant quite a bit if you really want to look at it, AJ has squirmed her way to the longest reign and was but against ridiculous odds...and retained. It was a solid match for the clusterfeck it was. I don't think it means nothing either, AJ has beaten them all now, what next....

Swearengen

I'm 19, but old skool
It meant quite a bit if you really want to look at it, AJ has squirmed her way to the longest reign and was but against ridiculous odds...and retained. It was a solid match for the clusterfeck it was. I don't think it means nothing either, AJ has beaten them all now, what next....
That's my point. If the divas division meant something in the eyes of WWE management, it would've been a proper match with a proper build. Sure, she's beaten them all. Has her reign really been memorable though? I wouldn't say so. AJ also loses on a weekly basis, which makes it hard to take her seriously as a champion. If the contenders had actually been built up as threats, the match, which was technically decent, would've been good. My personal opinion of course, some may have enjoyed it for what it was.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
That's my point. If the divas division meant something in the eyes of WWE management, it would've been a proper match with a proper build. Sure, she's beaten them all. Has her reign really been memorable though? I wouldn't say so. AJ also loses on a weekly basis, which makes it hard to take her seriously as a champion. If the contenders had actually been built up as threats, the match, which was technically decent, would've been good. My personal opinion of course, some may have enjoyed it for what it was.
I think part of it was wanting to get all the divas on the Mania 30 too.

prateik

Paige..

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
Confirmed Taker has just been released from Hospital, had a severe concussion - shame really it clearly affected the quality of what could have been his final match. Props to Lesnar for dragging him through a 20+ minute match.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports

Confirmed Taker has just been released from Hospital, had a severe concussion - shame really it clearly affected the quality of what could have been his final match. Props to Lesnar for dragging him through a 20+ minute match.
:(

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
You could tell something was wrong when he went for that Last Ride and pretty much just dropped Lesnar instead.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
I wonder why lesnar was chosen to end it. I always thought it would be cena or young and up and coming guy. I wish I watched the match live. I would have been so shocked at the end
Having seen the reactions, I think it would have killed a young guy. You carry that tag forever, if you fail to live up to it you are fecked. Lesnar is a legit monster, who right now is more use to putting people over. Not only Lesnar, but Heyman. Heyman is the man who masterminded breaking the streak. Any talent going with him gets a rub now more than ever.

Minkaro

OK, I have to admit Hogan, Austin and Rock in the ring together is really cool. Just don't wrestle each other. OK, that segment dragged. Skipped a lot of it.

Triple H vs. Daniel Bryan

Opening with HHH vs Bryan? Makes sense, as they'd need a rest before the WWEWHC match. Game of Trips entrance is epic. The set is fantastic, by the way, and air hostess Steph is hot. Bryan just...walks out. Although that makes sense too, Trips being all "I ain't paying for no fancy entrance shit for him." The HHH punch to a suicidally diving Bryan looked nasty. The end sequence to this match was great, and Trips sold the Running Knee awesomely. I think the match suffered from being the first of a two part series, as they weren't able to do too much in the ring without making Bryan's performance later seem unrealistic. ***1/2. Trips murders Bryan after the match in an attempt to prove my theories wrong, the dick.

New Age Outlaws & Kane vs. The Shield

NAO not allowed an entrance. Shield wearing badass mask things Much as I like NAO and Kane, I hope they're not the last Wrestlemania opponents for The Shield (I'd rather see someone less... chronologically challenged). A double Triple Powerbomb! A...sextuple Powerbomb? feck maths. Match was fun, but too short to rate any higher than *1/2. That doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it.

The Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal

I'm so glad I'm only doing notes and not a full play by play. Zach Ryder eliminated by 3MB. WHAT KIND OF A WORLD IS THIS, WHEN JOBBER ELIMINATES JOBBER? David Otunga is alive! Another Kofi miracle escape?! This one was really impressive though, could easily have gone wrong in a very nasty way. Cesaro and Big Show are the final two. A great new talent being eliminated in the final two by someone past their prime? NEVER. Wait, Cesaro won? I take back my smarkiness! The elimination was cool too, him lifting Show like that. I hope this is the start of a push for him. Hard to rate Battle Royals, but I had a lot of fun watching this. I'm going to say ***.

Bray Wyatt vs. John Cena

OK, Bray's entrance is awesome. That guitar solo out of nowhere made me think another entrance was starting. Cena with a toned down entrance - a sign of the seriousness of this match for him, perhaps? Or did they run out of ideas? Either way, I'm hyped for this match. This is a bit like Kane's "Embrace the Hate" storyline, only good. Normally I'd moan about the crowd booing Cena, but in this match it actually has a cool effect of looking like it's contributing to Cena's inner turmoil. Bray countering The Five Knuckle Shuffle by being a crab is awesome - Cena falling over especially. The image of the crowd singing for Wyatt would be cool if they did it for more than three seconds at a time. They're following the buzzards and then wandering down the wrong street by mistake. Cena puts Harper through the barricade in the gentlest barrier break of all time. Sucky ending. I'm fine with Cena not giving in to the monster, but I wanted Bray to win
. Match was decent. **

Lol, that dude next to Cena's dad clearly pissed off but trying not to show it. He's all "yep, well done John. Totally not mad. fecker."

Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker

Oh hey, that idea everyone has had for every Wrestlemania in the past of using THe Undertaker's old victims during the entrance is finally being done by WWE. WWE spending as little time as possible on Punk's name. That's right Taker, nothing is more scary than a hat that has twenty different...whatever the feck those things are...on it. Shiny = scary. I can hear high-pitched screaming when Taker has Lesnar in the chokeslam, and I'm not sure if it's Heyman or Lesnar. This match is so far on par with the second Triple H vs. Undertaker match. I hated that match. I like how Lesnar and Taker decided to go straight to the "we're both exhausted and going to fight really slowly now" thing so early in this match. It's not at all dull. "The King of the Jungle's last stand" says JBL. So I've just gotten used to Undertaker being a zombie biker cowboy, and now you're telling me he's a fecking lion too? This new half-Ming the Merciless/half Road Warrior look Taker has going on is really distracting as well. All of this really slow, really "dramatic" stuff would be so much more effective if they hadn't been doing it for the entire match. If that was a Last Ride, then we might as well start calling a DDT a Brainbuster. Um...wait, what? Lesnar won?! Um...hilarious crowd reactions...um...

Right, um...let me just talk about this for a second. Forget about the match, which sucked (*). Let's look at Lesnar beating The Streak. My main problem with it is "why Lesnar?" What does he gain from this? If Undertaker had had a shitty match against a Cody Rhodes, or a Roman Reigns, hell, even a Zach Ryder, I'd be a little more pleased, but Lesnar gains nothing from this. He's already an established star, and he's just going to go on holiday now. I don't get this decision at all. I almost hope Undertaker retires now, because that was less about Lesnar earning an incredible victory, and more Undertaker being put out of his misery.

Divas Invitational

Jesus Christ Vickie. My ears! They burn
. Crowd does not care about this match one bit. I think I hear a CM Punk chant. Loving the optimism there, but I'm not sure he'd return for this match. AJ wins a match that happened. *1/2 (yes, better than Undertaker/Lesnar - it was at least short)

Randy Orton vs. Batista vs. Daniel Bryan

Wow, this band isn't very good live. Lol at how Batista's twitter handle that they're advertising spells his name Bautista. Doesn't look very good when your graphic is arguing over the spelling of a name. One-armed YES chants from Bryan. This match has been pretty entertaining - mainly down to Orton and Bryan, but Batista's doing his part. Oh, here's The Authority. Road Dogg's referee brother is here! This is really overbooked, but I'm enjoying it. I'm enjoying the mini-Evolution reunion too. That Batista Bomb/RKO thing was awesome. Bryan being stretchered out now, time for his Mankind at KOTR '98 moment? (The getting off the stretcher, not the falling off a cell bit). Yep, he's going back! That Spear from Batista to Bryan's face looked nasty as hell. Credit to Batista, by the way, he might not be as talented as the other two here, but he's played his part very well. If I was being really critical of this match, I could say that it's been too story heavy, too finisher heavy, but frankly I don't care, I'm really invested in it. BRYAN WON! YES! Some kid and some woman hugging Bryan in the ring now. No idea who they are. I really enjoyed that. On a technical level it was about a ***, but for making me mark out, I'm going to give it ****.

So that was Wrestlemania 30. Overall I enjoyed the show, with just one match that I really disliked. Some great moments there, especially Bryan holding the titles, which will hopefully become a "Wrestlemania moment" on par with "the boyhood dream has come true."

I typed notes as I watched, but those notes ended up being quite long, so I've put them in a spoiler.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
True, good points. Very surprising and almost understated way of losing imo. I thought if he lost it would be the main event. I wonder is punk annoyed about this and think he should have ended it
Word is that Taker wanted Punk to end the streak last year but Punk refused.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Know it's not on yet but the site I usually river RAW from is down. Anyone care to PM me?

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
I don't know much about WWE anymore, but from what I've gathered, pretty much everyone who's fought Undertaker at Wrestlemania since the early-mid 2000s was supposed to be the one to end his streak.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
I don't know much about WWE anymore, but from what I've gathered, pretty much everyone who's fought Undertaker at Wrestlemania since the early-mid 2000s was supposed to be the one to end his streak.
Well, that was the storyline of each of them. Like, there was no real build anymore. It was just, I'm breaking the streak!

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Well, that was the storyline of each of them. Like, there was no real build anymore. It was just, I'm breaking the streak!
I mean that he'd apparently agreed to let them be the one to end the streak.

b82REZ

Sad to see Undertaker like that. I think his health and well being have played a huge part in the streak ending.

I'm torn on the streak ending. I don't think Lesnar deserved it, but I think it could have killed a younger wrestlers character if they ended it. Had they let a Reigns or Wyatt end it they would have been forever hated. Seeing as Lesnar and Heyman play heels exclusively it doesn't damage them. Plus it allows WWE to use the person who ended the streak to push these younger guys later down the line. The crowd would be much more behind someone like Reigns if he beat Lesnar after last night.

I'm just gutted I got so pissed I passed out after the first match and missed it all live and then had it spoiled for me before I got to watch it.

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
Taker is backstage apparently, gonna be a major Raw - also Warrior is there.

b82REZ

I'm fairly certain they'll be a set up for Taker vs Sting for next years Mania.

It'd be sad to see Taker lose his final two Mania matches but I can't see Sting finally wrestling for WWE to lose.

cj_sparky

I'm fairly certain they'll be a set up for Taker vs Sting for next years Mania.

It'd be sad to see Taker lose his final two Mania matches but I can't see Sting finally wrestling for WWE to lose.
If it is true Sting has a one match deal, then I couldn't see him losing either, But I also cannot see Taker wrestling again