g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Hope Daniel Bryan announces his comeback for the Rumble and Heath Slater dumps him out straight away.

JoaquinJoaquin

I thought the odds on Reigns winning the Rumble will plummet after the title stipulation, but you can still get 4/1 on him at Paddy Power. Decent bet I think. He's a cert to be in the last 2.
I think Brock will win the Rumble setting up rather Roman vs Brock at Mania or HHH enters the Rumble and elimates Roman setting up them 2 at Mania.

Castia

If Roman wins the rumble and retains the title I think the stadium will riot. He's got better over the past month but I think this will kill any momentum he's built.

Interesting rumours from the NJPW guys it makes sense especially when WWE just launched the Network over there, I wouldn't be surprised to see 4-5 of the top guys from NJ to eventually join the roster. I want Kenny Omega :drool:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
If Roman wins the rumble and retains the title I think the stadium will riot. He's got better over the past month but I think this will kill any momentum he's built.

Interesting rumours from the NJPW guys it makes sense especially when WWE just launched the Network over there, I wouldn't be surprised to see 4-5 of the top guys from NJ to eventually join the roster. I want Kenny Omega :drool:
Rumble is in Florida and Reigns is from Florida so he'll probably get a good reaction.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Don't think Reigns is winning two rumbles in a row, regardless of the title being on the line.

Mark_GrumpyLion

Did Steph just describe our Raw eperience with her talk about hoping for something better to happen?

Ambrose is such a good hype girl for Neville. Great turnbuckle DDT from Owens, great match in general. Wish it was longer. I do think Ambrose is a good move for the IC Championship. Hope he'll get a lenghty reign with it.

Diva's match was pretty good, did a lot to move the story on and set up Becky vs Charlotte. If Charlotte gets rid of Flair, she can be a great heel.

The trend of useless matches between Ryback and the Big Slow continues. Hope the Wyatts just beat up everyone that is gonna be in the rumble for the next few weeks. Never realised Strowman is about the same height as Big Show, that is pretty incredible.

Is the jobber squad now the 4 man band? Axel is 2 inches of beard away from being inducted into the Wyatt family too, his promo even sounds as unhinged as a typical Wyatt promo.

Smart move to have 2 title matches on the first Smackdown at USA, I really hope that they will take Smackdown more serious this year.

JERICHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Marked out for that, not afraid to admit it! Can see them go for some sort of construction where he fails in the Rumble and goes after the IC title instead, especially since he and Ambrose have unfinished business? Or it will just be a one-off, I don't know.

Title match felt very over the top. The whole eye thing, predictable slow counts, second crooked ref and such. So predictable. I wanted Triple H to do a run in so bad, but he's "injured". Interesting that they made the Rumble for the title instead of for a title shot. I just hope they won't go for the obvious route of having Reigns retain.

phelans shorts

Well, change is certainly afoot.

AJ Styles has been removed from the Bullet Club and replaced as leader by Kenny Omega, who will challenge Shinsuke Nakamura for the IC title. No obvious leaving angle for Anderson and Gallows so far however. Omega turning on AJ was likely always the plan, judging off the AJ vs Ibushi Invasion Attack match last year.

This could really force New Japan to mix up the top stars, something which they desperately need[/spoilers]

Minkaro

I don't think he's winning it. He'll probably be the last eliminated.

But he'll win at Wrestlemania.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
If Lesnar is in the rumble (and he surely will be... what else is he coming to Raw next week for?) then he has to win it (unless he's eliminated by someone in a fluky way, which I suppose could set up a feud for Mania).

Reigns winning the rumble now is completely uninspiring booking... it'd basically be the waste of a match.

Also, could that RAW have made Sheamus look any weaker? :lol:

JoaquinJoaquin

Other than Cena and Batista, everyone that has won two rumbles has actually done it in consecutive years.

I wouldnt rule him out. Vince is obsessed with pushing Reigns.
Don't worry, Roman will be getting his Wrestlemania moment this year, I'm sure of it.

Mark_GrumpyLion

Breaking Ground was pretty good this week as a season finale. Some great moments in respect to Dusty as well.

I hope Lesnar wins the Rumble, unless like 5 people work together to eliminate him. A lot of potential storylines to be set up during the Rumble as well. Big Show/Strowman, Ambrose/Jericho ect ect.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Breaking Ground was pretty good this week as a season finale. Some great moments in respect to Dusty as well.

I hope Lesnar wins the Rumble, unless like 5 people work together to eliminate him.

A lot of potential storylines to be set up during the Rumble as well. Big Show/Strowman, Ambrose/Jericho ect ect.
Yep. I think Strowman will enter at Number 2 now.

paceme

Golly Gilmore
“What’s the matter, lager boy, scared you might ta
The talent pool between wwe main and nxt is getting insane, If (as seems to be dead on) the njpw guys are going to WWE

What would your guys realistic dream matches be with these guys coming in? Styles vs Rollins, Nakamura vs Cesaro. Just for pure entertainments value rather than drawing ability.

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
Be hard to choose but I could list 20 guys I'd happily just keep rotating and could never get bored.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
The talent pool between wwe main and nxt is getting insane, If (as seems to be dead on) the njpw guys are going to WWE

What would your guys realistic dream matches be with these guys coming in? Styles vs Rollins, Nakamura vs Cesaro. Just for pure entertainments value rather than drawing ability.
The possibilities are endless, not to mention that Samoa Joe is still in NXT as well.

I know one thing, if AJ enters the rumble I will definitely mark out.

paceme

Golly Gilmore
“What’s the matter, lager boy, scared you might ta
The possibilities are endless, not to mention that Samoa Joe is still in NXT as well.

I know one thing, if AJ enters the rumble I will definitely mark out.
Yeah I've heard some rumours about him entering but nothing of any usual substance yet. Samoa Joe, AJ styles, Kevin Steen, El Generico, Claudio Castagnoli, Kenta, Prince Devitt, Nakamura. Imagine telling somebody 5 years ago that these guys (plus a few I've probably missed) would all be in WWE in a few years and not one of them really doing badly.

Sylar

Seriously, Big Show cant be number 1. I still have a feeling he fecked up and meant he was the first to enter (rather than he will be number 1).

phelans shorts

Also @phelans shorts, hopefully you will have some insight on this. While I know NJPW wages are probably not close to WWE in terms of top stars, wouldn't Nakamura be on a pretty big wage even by WWE main roster standards? Would WWE really pay someone that much to have them stuck in NXT for a prolonged period?
It's a tough comparison, NJPW tend to pay pretty good downsides from my understanding, however there are other areas where they lag behind, the talent don't get any money from merch or anything like that which is a pretty big bugbear for many, I know the Bullet Club have been very pissed off about that. Tama Tonga even started making and selling bootleg gear so that they could make money from it. They also haven't increased anyone's money from the worldwide expansion with NJPW World or anything, so there's a bit of discontent and a like for like wage would actually be lower in the WWE, with the merch topping this up, with a Nakamura style guy he'd probably make quite a bit because he would be used to spearhead media in Japan etc... Basically I don't really know. What I do know is that WWE is paying BIG for Nakamura. Think Del Rio as a ballpark figure, not Balor, and Balor is on huge money for NXT.

What is weird about this is that this was allowed by New Japan, I mean for someone like Nakamura they could just smash up any pay structure, the owners Bushiroad (a playing card company, kinda Japanese Top Trumps I guess) know how important he is as a figurehead as much as anything, and now he's gone at the peak of his powers. It'd be like if City were to let Aguero's contract run down and not just park a big truck full of money that they have at his door as soon as they realise he's being tapped up (not the best analogy admittedly). It's really weird. Hopefully it's a wake up call for them that the current contract system they have just doesn't work.

That got a bit rambly but I'm still trying to work the New Japan side of this out.

ZDwyr

Seriously, Big Show cant be number 1. I still have a feeling he fecked up and meant he was the first to enter (rather than he will be number 1).
He did. They made the correction on RAW I think.

phelans shorts

Little update: WWE aren't fully confident at the moment that they will land Nakamura, and there's a suspicion this is a power play to get more money out of New Japan from his end. Nakamura certainly hasn't closed the door on New Japan and renegotiating.

As for the non-Japanese guys, they're certainly gone. Strong chance of others (mainly Tonga and Rocky Romero) leaving before long.

Bwuk

Little update: WWE aren't fully confident at the moment that they will land Nakamura, and there's a suspicion this is a power play to get more money out of New Japan from his end. Nakamura certainly hasn't closed the door on New Japan and renegotiating.

As for the non-Japanese guys, they're certainly gone. Strong chance of others (mainly Tonga and Rocky Romero) leaving before long.
Thanks for that Meltzer.

Balor to turn heel and feud with Roman please.

Balor Club vs The Family.

phelans shorts

Thanks for that Meltzer.

It's alright, no one believed me that James Storm wasn't signing with WWE either. Dave was saying he was as recently as this week.

Some ex TNA folk at this weeks NXT taping though, they're a different story entirely.

JoaquinJoaquin

It's alright, no one believed me that James Storm wasn't signing with WWE either. Dave was saying he was as recently as this week.

Some ex TNA folk at this weeks NXT taping though, they're a different story entirely.
Like?

I would love the WWE \ NXT to sign Brooke from the Knockouts division, She is a decent wrestler and obviously gorgeous to.

phelans shorts

Like?

I would love the WWE \ NXT to sign Brooke from the Knockouts division, She is a decent wrestler and obviously gorgeous to.
3 time world champion (across promotions) and Greatest Man Who Ever Lived, for one.

No Brooke, but there is someone who cites Brooke as one of the biggest helps on their career though. Brooke is unlikely to get picked back up at her age, she's very different from what WWE are looking for at the moment.

Mark_GrumpyLion

Thanks for that Meltzer.

Would not surprise me if they introduce Machine Gun and Gallows at the Takeover during Wrestlemania week and have Balor turn heel on Sami Zayn during/after the title match. Balor club is born and maybe even introduced to the main roster straight after.

Sylar

Wait what? Cena is now injured and will miss WM? Apparently.
(I say apparently cos hes superhuman and normally comes back months before - but shoulder surgery is mad)

So WM without Cena, Orton, Rollins and possibly Bryan. (and obviously Cesaro and such) Damn.

Will WWE now plz make some new stars and stop with the part timers.

Last edited: