Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Bwuk

Okada in AEW would be a waste. Just another "game changer" signing.

WWE and a debut vs AJ at Mania.

JP77

Would be amazing to see him in WWE. Wrestlemania debut against somebody like Styles or dare I even say it, Cena.

The booking of somebody like Gunther gives me more faith that they would use him right as well in current times, he’s an absolute big deal and should be treated like one. Something similar to how Cody came back at Wrestlemania would be a pretty special moment.

Bwuk

Shame for Rollins. Sounds like he’ll be fine for Mania so doubt they change plans. Could see Priest cash in and Rollins regain in Perth though.

Zen

Okada and WWE.... just can't see it happening. I'd be happily stunned if it did though, but I just don't buy it. AEW is just far too easy a transition for people coming from NJPW..... and you can still work NJPW anyway. Just far too obvious for me.

But anyone who wants to be a genuine contender to Angles throne can't continue to duck the big league and it's way of delivering wrestling.... MJF will give it a crack when the time is right.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Dunno what's worse, the "chops" or whatever the feck his other hand is doing in the meantime.
It's the superkick thing, I think. Make a slap noise to make the impact sound good.

But you're fecking slapping a person. You don't need to slap yourself for acoustics. Although, when your slaps are that shit, maybe you do.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Is that actually it for the network then? I think its quite good value for all the attitude era stuff and PPVs, and I already have netflix anyway, so hope the network stays. Espcially as there's no way the PPVs will be free to view on netflix.

Castia

Wowzers that’s crazy

Apparently all shows and ppv's will be on Netflix outside of the US with the US getting RAW

Hopefully they cut it to 2 hours without adds, that would be incredible

Last edited:

Sylar

Huge for wwe. A lot of things falling in place last few year,, hottest theyve been since attitude era, guaranteed revenues with this, peacock ple, saudi events + you can count mania shows and also the overseas ple theyve added.

That plus the tko merger, the kick from the aew being around, vince going with hhh taking over and a renewed focus.

The rights for SD in USA will be nuts too, media rights especially when theres a big in built audience being in demand

cyberman

I just read they’ll be making over 1b a year based off of tv deals alone. It’s insane

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
This is definitely not a boom period.
Yes, I'm that petty.

£5billiion dollar deal with a streaming giant on the eve of one of the most stacked royal rumbles ever. Still believe they're not in a boom period?

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Anywho, the amount of eyes thats going to be on the product is unprecedented. The marketing is going to be top tier and tbh, I'm only thinking about the UK. Id have preferred prime personally but most likely better from a business perspective to go on Netflix.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Yes, I'm that petty.

£5billiion dollar deal with a streaming giant on the eve of one of the most stacked royal rumbles ever. Still believe they're not in a boom period?
Business wise it absolutely is, product wise, it’s the best of the poor years.

Still no proper standout stars, a boring champ hogging the belt and guys like Rhodes and Jey Uso as the best face options to take it from him. They are popular mid card faces in any other era.

The fact they still need the likes of Rock and Punk back to really engage the casual audience is proof of that. Even Punk coming back to a feud with Rollins, a guy with no character, isn’t great.

Their business is booming because they have more of a global reach than ever before and a Tv show that is more kid friendly than ever.

Triple H is definitely making improvements in how coherent the shows are and is making better use of talent. But still, no stars, and the only truly engaging storyline is one they proceeded to drag out for way too long, like years too long.

So yeah, still a valid opinion in spite of your gloating over a streaming deal.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC

Still no proper standout stars, a boring champ hogging the belt and guys like Rhodes and Jey Uso as the best face options to take it from him. They are popular mid card faces in any other era.

The fact they still need the likes of Rock and Punk back to really engage the casual audience is proof of that. Even Punk coming back to a feud with Rollins, a guy with no character, isn’t great.

Their business is booming because they have more of a global reach than ever before and a Tv show that is more kid friendly than ever.

Triple H is definitely making improvements in how coherent the shows are and is making better use of talent. But still, no stars, and the only truly engaging storyline is one they proceeded to drag out for way too long, like years too long.

Word for word the double down I was expecting.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Word for word the double down I was expecting.
Why call me into the thread then if you expected it? Exactly the type of gloating I would expect from a massive mark anyway. Celebrating a streaming deal :lol:

Enjoy watching Netflix in your Reigns shirt with your glove on mate. Sensitivity in this thread is unbelievable.

Holocene

Beginning of the end for the WWE Network? Kind of a shame, I watch a lot of the older shows on there. I wonder what they'll do with the archive. It's a huge piece of wrestling history.

Rooney1987

The US deal with Peacock ends in early 2026. I have a feeling looking at this deal everything WWE in 2026 will be on Netflix with that amount of cash involved.

This is a win win for us in the UK. We have to pay 25 to 30 quid a month for TNT and £10 for the WWE network. I already have a Netflix account as Im sure many on here do. Saving 35 to 40 is a win for sure. Sure they'll probably as an extra tier you have to pay to watch the PLEs on Netflix (or maybe they do that for all WWE shows) but if Im saving almost 40 a month I wouldn't mind paying an extra 5 to 10 quid for an extra tier.

Zen

Did Cody take credit that belongs to Bryan Danielson.... the cheek :lol:

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Why call me into the thread then if you expected it? Exactly the type of gloating I would expect from a massive mark anyway. Celebrating a streaming deal :lol:

Enjoy watching Netflix in your Reigns shirt with your glove on mate. Sensitivity in this thread is unbelievable.
:lol:

Beginning of the end for the WWE Network? Kind of a shame, I watch a lot of the older shows on there. I wonder what they'll do with the archive. It's a huge piece of wrestling history.
I imagine it'll be exactly like the peacock deal in the US, only on netflix, so it'll all be on there. Hopefully means we'll start getting docs back, I've not seen a new doc on the network in a while.

Sylar

Come on now, I don't usually do this, but anybody calling another fan of wrestling on a forum a "mark" is a real dork.

Anyway whether you like the product or not, it's opinion based. Some people hated the attitude era for certain reasons, but couldn't deny how hot it was

Just like now, key metrics can't be denied that this is a big successful period for wwe.

Rooney1987

I disagree almost all of this post but this bit it's proof of nothing and not true. 2023 was its most successful year ever without either, selling more tickets than ever (Yes Punk turned up at the end of Nov after all this business was done).

It's simple fans will only show up to a good product with good storylines and stars leads to good business. I'm more casual myself these days but most fans I speak to say the product is the best it's been for years. To say well it's only because they had the same global reach and kid friendly shows. They had that since 2012. IMO 2012 to 2021 was the worst WWE product in its history. In 2021 they couldn't even sell 4k tickets to a Raw at the O2 a year later they sold 70k to a sold out event in Cardiff.

To talk about 'stars' for a min, the world of the needing a star or celebrity to sell something has changed. Same for movies stars they don't create many of those anymore, it's all IP driven (sadly might I add). WWE is the star now as an IP is doing better than ever.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
The US deal with Peacock ends in early 2026. I have a feeling looking at this deal everything WWE in 2026 will be on Netflix with that amount of cash involved.

This is a win win for us in the UK. We have to pay 25 to 30 quid a month for TNT and £10 for the WWE network. I already have a Netflix account as Im sure many on here do. Saving 35 to 40 is a win for sure. Sure they'll probably as an extra tier you have to pay to watch the PLEs on Netflix (or maybe they do that for all WWE shows) but if Im saving almost 40 a month I wouldn't mind paying an extra 5 to 10 quid for an extra tier.
Not for me. I pay for the network for the archive. The PPVs are a nice bonus and make it worth the money, especially since they've actually started putting on mostly good/decent PPV shows over the past year, compared to the absolute garbage that preceded.

Neither Raw or Smackdown are even close to entertaining enough for me to ever pay specifically to watch them. I dont even mamage to sit through them most weeks and often skip entirely, and I think they'd lose a vast majority of their casual fans if they tried anything like that.

The PPV shows are a different matter. Can't see them not being an extra and if the price was reasonable might be a good move. Even so I'm not sure I'd fork out except for things like the rumble. It's just easier on the network as they are there with the package.

Maybe they will juat keep the network as is but put all their new programming onto netflix or delay it coming onto the network.