Thomas Frank | Brentford Manager

saik

There's a difference between celebrating stopping a scoring chance and successfully kicking the ball off a winger's toe so you can waste more time on a goal kick.
They cleared an attacking situation and got possession of the ball when it was looking like we were starting to increase the pressure. It's really not that much different but agree to disagree.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
The fact that literally everybody apart from Brentford fans and Danish people think he's a wanker should tell you something.
Not true, he is regarded in Denmark as incredibly likeable and down to earth. I don't understand what you don't like about him.
Imagine a random non british coach living this rent free in your head. Thomas Frank is a really quiet down to earth guy. Yes he got bitter over that 3-1, so what.

Not doing much to disprove what I've said, lads. :lol:

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Thanks for your concern all - met some decent United chaps up here, See you at ours….

Mike Smalling

Doesn't the dislike for Thomas Frank come from the time he said they "battered us" or something, in a game we ended up winning?

I don't really mind him. He seems a bit hyper sometimes, but he's not even close to the most annoying managers in the league.

tomaldinho1

Doesn't the dislike for Thomas Frank come from the time he said they "battered us" or something, in a game we ended up winning?

I don't really mind him. He seems a bit hyper sometimes, but he's not even close to the most annoying managers in the league.
Yeah it’s literally just from this. He’s the most standard bloke otherwise, people just got their backs up he made that comment. I think many of this forum thought he was English for ages as well from memory.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don’t buy that it’s arrogance from your lot pure and simple, you can’t handle little old Brentford turning you over 4-0 at ours and giving your more of challenge Than you’d like to admit. I wonder how many hundreds of your fans missed that turnaround today by sneaking out early? End of the day we are your challengers at the moment in mid table and, understandably, it hurts
:lol:

Yagami

Good post resistant
@el diablorojo will have earned himself plenty of tags when Brentford inevitably get relegated at some point in the future.

Considering he's been here for 13 years now, I assume he'll be here to face them unlike the majority of newer opposition fans who sign up to gloat whilst their club is riding high and then disappear when they hit a rough patch.

LDUred

I kind of understand Frank's frustration to be fair. If he had half the budget Ten Hag has, he probably wouldn't waste it on hunches and guesses and players he managed in Denmark or something. He might actually use the money wisely instead of gifting Inter Milan and Chelsea millions of pounds for garbage.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
@el diablorojo will have earned himself plenty of tags when Brentford inevitably get relegated at some point in the future.

Considering he's been here for 13 years now, I assume he'll be here to face them unlike the majority of newer opposition fans who sign up to gloat whilst their club is riding high and then disappear when they hit a rough patch.
Thing is, he's called himself 'red devil' and was referring to United as 'we' right up until Brentford got promoted to the PL. :lol:

Was probably chanting 'we support our local team' at his TV when the Brentford fans had their tails up without a hint of irony as well.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Thing is, he's called himself 'red devil' and was referring to United as 'we' right up until Brentford got promoted to the PL. :lol:

Was probably chanting 'we support our local team' at his TV when the Brentford fans had their tails up without a hint of irony as well.
Oh, boy!

I get those who support United because the hometown club they also support will likely never get to the PL, but when the two clubs usually meet - usually in cups - I don't really see any bitterness regardless of the result. The same for foreign fans for the times we meet their hometown team in Europe. This gentleman seems like he hates United. I mean, bringing up Antony and Greenwood for cheap points? Using the tiresome "ref did you proud" line because we won a game at home and talking down to those who aren't from Manchester and go to games? It's hard to imagine him ever genuinely supporting United.

RedOrange

I kind of understand Frank's frustration to be fair. If he had half the budget Ten Hag has, he probably wouldn't waste it on hunches and guesses and players he managed in Denmark or something. He might actually use the money wisely instead of gifting Inter Milan and Chelsea millions of pounds for garbage.
Brentford have a great transfer strategy that Frank has feck all to do with. Those decisions are made completely over his head.

Jev

Would be shocked if Liverpool went for him but really happy for him. He’s a nice bloke and has done very well working his way up from the bottom. Few deserve it more.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
As much as I think Frank has deserved a chance at a bigger club, there's no way he gets the Liverpool job.

The gap between what's expected at Brentford and Liverpool is simply too big.