Thomas Frank | Brentford Manager

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I don’t buy that it’s arrogance from your lot pure and simple, you can’t handle little old Brentford turning you over 4-0 at ours and giving your more of challenge Than you’d like to admit. I wonder how many hundreds of your fans missed that turnaround today by sneaking out early? End of the day we are your challengers at the moment in mid table and, understandably, it hurts
Feel for you brother. If my boys had lost so heart breakingly i'd probably be mad bitter too.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Got what he deserved. Could've beaten us comfortably because we are in disarray, but instead he banked on 0-1 and timewasted through the entire 2nd half, somehow with no intervention from the referee. Lovely.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I don’t buy that it’s arrogance from your lot pure and simple, you can’t handle little old Brentford turning you over 4-0 at ours and giving your more of challenge Than you’d like to admit. I wonder how many hundreds of your fans missed that turnaround today by sneaking out early? End of the day we are your challengers at the moment in mid table and, understandably, it hurts
Nice try. No, I actually don't mind Brentford doing well. Same as Brighton (who have always had managers I like). It's only Frank. Pure and simple.

Also, it's not just Brentford who have had our number over the years, it's every team in the league. And we have that interesting effect of making teams who have beaten us (against betting odds) think they have achieved some miracle and then they get a reality check the following week.

Frank's rant (1-3) is just the top of it. You'd see it if you weren't a Brentford supporter.

Jev

Why is he so hated on here? Always found him quite likeable and refreshingly open, I believe he's generally regarded as such. Presume people are still just butt-hurt by some old comments and spankings?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Nice try. No, I actually don't mind Brentford doing well. Same as Brighton (who have always had managers I like). It's only Frank. Pure and simple.

Also, it's not just Brentford who have had our number over the years, it's every team in the league. And we have that interesting effect of making teams who have beaten us (against betting odds) think they have achieved some miracle and then they get a reality check the following week.

Frank's rant (1-3) is just the top of it. You'd see it if you weren't a Brentford supporter.
Hang on, their manager was ranting about something!?
What one earth have they got to moan about after stealing a goal, sitting back all game delaying things and getting their just desserts late on?!

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Why is he so hated on here? Always found him quite likeable and refreshingly open, I believe he's generally regarded as such. Presume people are still just butt-hurt by some old comments and spankings?
The fact that literally everybody apart from Brentford fans and Danish people think he's a wanker should tell you something.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Hang on, their manager was ranting about something!?
What one earth have they got to moan about after stealing a goal, sitting back all game delaying things and getting their just desserts late on?!
Nah, it was a previous match. It's folklore now.

Jev

The fact that literally everybody apart from Brentford fans and Danish people think he's a wanker should tell you something.
That's not true, though. Many neutrals describe him as likeable. I used to interview a few Danish football coaches for a job and he was by far the most pleasant and humble to deal with back then. To me it looks like partly a case of English fans judging a non-English speaker harshly for lacking nuance in his vocabulary ("destroyed"), something that happens a lot.

Idxomer

Opposition fans should find someplace else to vent after games like this one.

That said, Thomas Frank is harmless enough and not that good of a manager.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
That's not true, though. Many neutrals describe him as likeable. I used to interview a few Danish football coaches for a job and he was by far the most pleasant and humble to deal with back then. To me it looks like partly a case of English fans judging a non-English speaker harshly for lacking nuance in his vocabulary ("destroyed"), something that happens a lot.
Don’t waste your breath mate….

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

What irritates me is his tendency to bring up the transfer fee of the opposition players when he loses games. That comment about "70m Sancho who didn't even play" when Sancho was at a funeral was unfortunate but still unnecessary. He said something similar after losing to Newcastle last season - "the difference maker was Isak who cost them 60m". He just comes across as very bitter. Like he wouldn't jump at the chance of spending that kind of money if a top 6 side hired him as manager.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Oh hang on, are you suggesting "real" fans go to every game?
How was Old Trafford for you today?
I’ve not suggested anything… you’ve inferred your own insecurities all by yourself.

As for Old Trafford the Stratford end tried their best, met a few decent fans and had a good chat with them but a load of tourists taking advantage of an unglamorous game vs Brentford equaling football in a library :) from your lot

saik

Their defender celebrating a goal kick in their favour had me in stitches when there’s still more than five minutes to go :lol:
He has one punchable face, glad he's got nothing to show for. Him and that cnut defender celebrating in the 90th min for putting the ball out of play...would love to ram the celebration down his throat.
He celebrated the goal kick like a goal. And to me it looked like it was a corner

He smiled when we scored our second, nice of him!
I mean, come on guys. Our defenders did the exact same thing so many times last season. And we all praised them for being so passionate. Most notably Martinez.

Not sure why it's a big deal.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I’ve not suggested anything… you’ve inferred your own insecurities all by yourself.

As for Old Trafford the Stratford end tried their best, met a few decent fans and had a good chat with them but a load of tourists taking advantage of an unglamorous game vs Brentford equaling football in a library :)
You're sounding exceptionally bitter.
Why on earth would you then go straight onto the forum of the team who've beaten you late on? Bizarre behaviour.

Walters_19_MuFc

As for Old Trafford the Stratford end tried their best, met a few decent fans and had a good chat with them but a load of tourists taking advantage of an unglamorous game vs Brentford equaling football in a library :) from your lot
Was it still library like when McTominay scored the winner?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What irritates me is his tendency to bring up the transfer fee of the opposition players when he loses games. That comment about "70m Sancho who didn't even play" when Sancho was at a funeral was unfortunate but still unnecessary. He said something similar after losing to Newcastle last season - "the difference maker was Isak who cost them 60m". He just comes across as very bitter. Like he wouldn't jump at the chance of spending that kind of money if a top 6 side hired him as manager.
The bigger question is why on earth wouldn't he use the small club, punching above their level argument?

arthurka

I just find this thread a bit sad, we just saved face against a team we struggled against recently, he has every right to be pissed.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

All I heard from your lot was "we support our local team" and "sacked in the morning". Thought you'd have more of a songbook than that. No player chants at all?

Jev

I mean, come on guys. Our defenders did the exact same thing so many times last season. And we all praised them for being so passionate. Most notably Martinez.

This. I remember clearly last season when Martinez and Dalot were chestpumping after a tackle that ended up as a goalkick. Everyone here lauded it as a fantastic example of team spirit and passion. Yet when other teams do it it's laughable. United fans are such a bunch of hypocrites.

acnumber9

You’re five points behind an awful United side and three above the relegation zone. You should be looking over your shoulder.

Hester_manc

Not true, he is regarded in Denmark as incredibly likeable and down to earth. I don't understand what you don't like about him.

Lyng

Imagine a random non british coach living this rent free in your head. Thomas Frank is a really quiet down to earth guy. Yes he got bitter over that 3-1, so what.

RedOrange

There's a difference between celebrating stopping a scoring chance and successfully kicking the ball off a winger's toe so you can waste more time on a goal kick.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

The bigger question is why on earth wouldn't he use the small club, punching above their level argument?
By all means, peddle the small club narrative, but you can do that without referencing the transfer fees of opposition players. Just seems very bitter.