Thomas Partey | SIGNED for Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

Sickening to see him join Arsenal as a proper DM while we rely on foreign kids at RW

monosierra

A properly ambitious club moves on Fred and/or Matic (instead of a new contract) when a player of Partey's quality is available at such a low price. You have to keep improving. Imagine Dortmund asking what would happen to Alcacer (who was doing quite well) when they had a chance at Haaland!
We don't want to improve though, that's the problem. Woodward is happy with maintaining 4th under the assumption tthat somehow the other teams wouldn't exceed us. And guess what - they do, we fall behind, and panic buys ensue.

mu4c_20le

No man...just no! Partey is critical to Madrid's midfield.
Exactly. I didn't say he is a bad player, but he fits their system. Maybe Arteta can get the best out of him because I think he needs a specific role in a system.

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
Exactly. I didn't say he is a bad player, but he fits their system. Maybe Arteta can get the best out of him because I think he needs a specific role in a system.
I feel like you haven't watched him at all, and just want this to be a bad signing for Arsenal.

In what way does he need a specific role? The guy literally can do most things. He can defend, dribble (very well), shoot, link play. If anything he is very versatile..

yamo123x

Beast of a player, was brilliant against liverpool home and away last year in champ league, highly rated in Spain, impressed me everytime ive seen him in la liga...better than any midfielder we have, avail for 45milion euros, and we have no interest, incredible

mu4c_20le

I feel like you haven't watched him at all, and just want this to be a bad signing for Arsenal.

In what way does he need a specific role? The guy literally can do most things. He can defend, dribble (very well), shoot, link play. If anything he is very versatile..
I'm not, some of you are just overrating the hell out of him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Great signing for them. Weirdly competent window for Arsenal. He'll make a world of difference to them because of the gap between him and their other midfielders. With him, Arsenal have a good shot at top 4 IMO. Can go in any direction between Everton, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs.... United....
Kinda sad that they all closed the gap to us rather than us widening the gap and closing it to the top.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Think you just need to compare him to their other midfielders to realize that he'll have the impact of a world class player even if he himself isn't world class, as the others are entirely mediocre. Its like going from Pereira to Bruno.

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
There is a reason almost every Atletico fan is gutted that he is leaving. There's a reason Atletico were not interested in selling him in the slightest. There is a reason he is the top dribbling midfielder in Europe.

He is a very good player. And his profile is the type of player which Arsenal have been missing for a very long time.

Out of interest, how much do you watch of him?

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
And what happens to the players that already play in that position? We can only have so many squad members and can only pay so much in salary.
You mean the players who have conceded 11 goals in 3 matches? I think it's fairly obvious what should happen to them.

mu4c_20le

Think you just need to compare him to their other midfielders to realize that he'll have the impact of a world class player even if he himself isn't world class, as the others are entirely mediocre. Its like going from Pereira to Bruno.
Interestingly enough, Atletico replaced him with Lucas Torreira.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Brilliant signing for Arsenal. It just smashes the top 4 myth. Arsenal and Everton have not been in the CL for years yet they are clearly having a better transfer window than some top 4 clubs including United.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Wow, great signing by Arsenal. Was nobody else in for him? He's fantastic.

croadyman

He will humiliate us in the two league meetings and make Ole and our board look like total fools

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Beast of a player, was brilliant against liverpool home and away last year in champ league, highly rated in Spain, impressed me everytime ive seen him in la liga...better than any midfielder we have, avail for 45milion euros, and we have no interest, incredible
He's a great player indeed. Without him, Atletico crumbled against Juventus and Leipzig in the CL.

VivaRonaldo85

There’s your instant Matic upgrade gone to a PL top 4 rival. He was top class vs that Liverpool midfield in the CL last season. Great

Giggsyking

He is a slow and fairly limited player. There is a reason why no other elite club in europe activated his very public release clause.
This rhetoric is sickening. There is a reason no big club interested in Salah from Roma, fast forward, best player in the league. And the list goes on.

mu4c_20le

This rhetoric is sickening. There is a reason no big club interested in Salah from Roma, fast forward, best player in the league. And the list goes on.
Ok, why wouldn't they pay him more money then? Why would he step down and go from a CL club to Arsenal just to chase the money?

Davicho

He is a top 5 DM in the world. Great signing for Arsenal.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Ok, why wouldn't they pay him more money then? Why would he step down and go from a CL club to Arsenal just to chase the money?
Why did Man Utd give Jones a contract? Why did Schalke let go so many players on a free? Why did Liverpool splash the cash on Andy Carroll?

Clubs make mistakes. Partey is a great player and Atletico fans are upset about it according to their subreddit.

trims

Supports
Arsenal
Not exactly a good way to assess the quality of a transfer. From the reports, Atletico were caught off guard as they were so convinced Partey was staying and Arsenal weren't going to meet the release clause. Arsenal apparently did not discuss the transfer with them and dealt directly with La liga.

Aouar is reportedly available for 50 mill euros which is a bargain and yet no one has shown serious interest which doesn't make him any less of a quality player. A lot of clubs are cash strapped due to COVID and Partey isn't the type of player City, Chelsea or Liverpool need at the moment. I think we got lucky with the timing that we were able to snag him. Would've loved a creative midfielder like Aouar but I'm not going to complain.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Arsenal getting in a left footed CB, a top EPL proven RW and a monster CDM.

Can't think of any other club that needed a window like that...

SaboTaj

Why are so many people calling him a DM? Playing him in that role alongside Pogba and Bruno wouldn’t solve anything.

We already have Pogba and Van De Beek who will take up similar positions on the pitch (maybe not the same role) and I’d say they’re equally as good. Signing him would’ve made sense if we hadn’t bought Van De Beek, who is younger and can already play on a similar level.

Status
Not open for further replies.