Three 0-0 draws in a row

OrcaFat

Three clean sheets!

The boys look knackered again. What we thought was a decent squad with a bit of depth has turned out to be rather brittle.

When we’ve needed to shake it up and lift our level, the resources aren’t there. Probably we are missing Pogba, even off the bench he is a genuine option to change a game.

As a team we’ve done great when enough of the lads were on song but ultimately we just don’t have the players to sustain a proper challenge.

Three nil-nils is too much to ask of anyone, never mind a fanatic poised on the edge of frenzy every time we take the field. I’m cheesed off.

Irwinning

Ole wants to make it 4 in a row on Sunday. he realises this is the only way he can win points with this sorry excuse of a team.

shaky

We need to start conceding early goals again. Seems to be the only way to wake our players up.

MU655

That's a mad stat considering how many goals we have scored.

Shows how much we play in patches.
You have to remember 9 came in one match, though. Outside of that, we haven't actually been scoring that many on average per game. In truth, our attack hasn't been any better than the previous few seasons; it has been worse.

Goals per game - excluding Southampton result

26 games - 44 goals - 1.69 per game

2019/20 - 1.74 per game
2018/19 - 1.71 per game (1/2 Mourinho; 1/2 Solskjaer)
2017/18 - 1.79 per game (Mourinho)
2016/17 - 1.42 per game (Mourinho)
2015/16 - 1.29 per game (Van Gaal)
2014/15 - 1.63 per game (Van Gaal)
2013/14 - 1.68 per game (Moyes)
2012/13 - 2.26 per game (Ferguson)

2017/18 was our height for scoring goals per game since Ferguson. Now, we seem to be going backwards. This season is worse than last and the one before that; the season that Mourinho was sacked. That isn't a great look.

Funnily enough, Mourinho started putting us back on track to start scoring more goals again. Now, it has stagnated and has started to go backwards again.

delerium

We are lacking creativity. This shows we badly miss Pogba at the moment. It is just too predictable for opponents. Rashford, Martial, Greenwood, so badly out of form all of them. Cavani at least looks like a striker, but he needs proper service. Still he wasn't too sharp today either. Bruno can't carry this team alone.

Once again we hit severe trouble when teams sit deep against us, we're too reliant on counter attacks at the moment. Still we're not quite there yet to be a title winning team. Need more depth, more creativity, and our players need to be more direct. At times today I thought I was watching LVG team again. Possession alone is nothing.

Reactions: Cheimoon

OrcaFat

You have to remember 9 came in one match, though. Outside of that, we haven't actually been scoring that many on average per game. In truth, our attack hasn't been any better than the previous few seasons; it has been worse.

Goals per game - excluding Southampton result

26 games - 44 goals - 1.69 per game

2019/20 - 1.74 per game
2018/19 - 1.71 per game (1/2 Mourinho; 1/2 Solskjaer)
2017/18 - 1.79 per game (Mourinho)
2016/17 - 1.42 per game (Mourinho)
2015/16 - 1.29 per game (Van Gaal)
2014/15 - 1.63 per game (Van Gaal)
2013/14 - 1.68 per game (Moyes)
2012/13 - 2.26 per game (Ferguson)

2017/18 was our height for scoring goals per game since Ferguson. Now, we seem to be going backwards. This season is worse than last and the one before that; the season that Mourinho was sacked. That isn't a great look.
Probably best not to exclude games where we score a lot of goals then.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I’m so bored of these games.
I have felt that way for a long time but I don't know if it's just United. United are extremely boring though.

Art

Art the artist

Our players do not possess the mentality of champions. It will be a while before we win silverware.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
In 27 league games
  • 7 league games this season where we scored just 1 goal
  • 7 league games this season where the opponent kept a clean sheet
14 league games combined out of 28 where we scored 1 or 0. That's woeful and just highlights our main issues. Lacking creativity, lacking goal threat. Somehow we average 2 goals per game, mainly due to that Southampton result... would be interested to see how many of these 1 or 0 games Pogba started in.

arnie_ni

As many 0-0 draws in the league this season then in the last 3 seasons combined
Fecking hate this.

We are unbeaten in 21 away games but 8 have been draws.

Youd rather win 4 and lose 4. Its more points. Take that extra risk and go for it. You will get caught a few times and get beat but we should be good enough yo get that late goal and a win.

Redlyn

Fecking hate this.

We are unbeaten in 21 away games but 8 have been draws.

Youd rather win 4 and lose 4. Its more points. Take that extra risk and go for it. You will get caught a few times and get beat but we should be good enough yo get that late goal and a win.
It's a shame but I don't think Ole is capable of that.

OrcaFat

Our players do not possess the mentality of champions. It will be a while before we win silverware.
True. Several of the players aren’t good enough and they obviously know it.

Winning a cup would be a step in the right direction because it would help the players who are good enough to raise their consistency. But it won’t help the lads who just don’t have the quality. Those guys need to be phased out one by one.

I suppose that’s why they call these situations “projects” - a bullshit term but relays the reality that great teams aren’t built overnight.

As it happens, I don’t think we are too far away but we won’t become champions by pretending to be champions. We’ll do it by getting better players.

Raredaredevil

Shame with all these dropped points or else we could seriously win the title this season, or at least challenge City for the title. I'm looking at least a total of 16 dropped points which we should have won which would have put us 5 points ahead of City.

croadyman

Shame with all these dropped points or else we could seriously win the title this season, or at least challenge City for the title. I'm looking at least a total of 16 dropped points which we should have won which would have put us 5 points ahead of City.
Yeah if we could have taken even just half of those dropped points we would have still had an interesting title race

Green_Red

It’s just not acceptable. I thought we’d turned a corner a bit — we had patches where we’d suddenly turn it on in games and pull wins out of our arse and looked like we grew out of the last 5-6 years of funk.

Back to looking clueless in matches far too often
Drawing on the road to Chelsea and Arsenal is acceptable. Drawing 3-3 to Everton who scored in the last kick of the game is unfortunate. Dropping points to West Brom and Palace are the only games we can question. We hardly looked clueless against City.

Raredaredevil

Drawing on the road to Chelsea and Arsenal is acceptable. Drawing 3-3 to Everton who scored in the last kick of the game is unfortunate. Dropping points to West Brom and Palace are the only games we can question. We hardly looked clueless against City.
I'd take drawing to Chelsea as acceptable but not against Arsenal. They have literally lost to every top 6 team, I don't know why we cannot seem to beat them. And there is the ridiculous loss at home to Sheffield United, in hindsight we gave too much respect to Liverpool and maybe we could have won. I'm talking about at least 12 to 16 points we have dropped unnecessarily. Just makes it all the more infuriating we could have given City a much closer race.

meamth

These players are just beginning to taste what is it like to be on top of the table.

They will learn from this, and go for it next season. They know they are top players playing for Manchester United.

People are ignoring the fact that apart from De Gea, none of them have ever won a premier league.

One could imagine the what ifs, Martial scored all the chances, Pogba in brilliant form from the get go, defensive solidarity, all that was not clicked.

We need just that belief, (now we have got that) and the consistency. Next season is the one when we can seriously discuss whether to continue with Ole or let him go.