g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Throwing pts against Arsenal?

mintyred

It's hilarious that people think we're good enough to choose whether or not we drop points or not.

SouthMancRed

Cheimoon's Fault
It Arsenal can't beat us then they don't deserve to win the title.

Couldn't give a toss what City 'win'. The more they 'win' the less it means.

SirBillNic

Supports
Spurs
It's funny that Arsenal need their rivals to take points off City, and City need their rivals to take points off Arsenal. Ironic...

From a Spurs standpoint I'm not sure what I want to happen. We typically play well against City and we still have a slim chance of 4th, so as long as Villa lose to Liverpool I would want us to win, otherwise I'd hope we lose of course.

Although we're so bad lately I'm not sure it will matter if we try to win it.

The interesting thing is if City and Spurs draw, then the title and 4th place could be decided by goal difference.

marktan

I actually would throw but not for that reason. I'd throw to avoid getting the conference league. Let Chelsea or Newcastle have it - that tournament will be a curse for whoever gets it next season. I'd much rather the likes of Bruno to actually have a midweek rest for the first time in what 4 years.

Yakuza_devils

It's funny that Arsenal need their rivals to take points off City, and City need their rivals to take points off Arsenal. Ironic...

From a Spurs standpoint I'm not sure what I want to happen. We typically play well against City and we still have a slim chance of 4th, so as long as Villa lose to Liverpool I would want us to win, otherwise I'd hope we lose of course.

The interesting thing is if City and Spurs draw, then the title and 4th place could be decided by goal difference.
Mate, Spurs and Man Utd will lose.

RedRocket9908

Weve got nothing to play for now so we should all be happy for Arsenal to win tomorrow to keep the pressure on City and hopefully stop them winning a 4th in a row.

If I was ETH I would play reserves in youth in this weeks 3 games which we are probably going to lose anyway and save whatever first team we have left for the FA Cup final.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
It's hilarious that people think we're good enough to choose whether or not we drop points or not.
:D :D :D yes. But also as fans, we are not supposed to say that out loud, mate. Just think it deep down :)

Red00012

It Doesn’t matter a diddly what happens tomorrow from a Utd point of view . Looks like Chelsea / Newcastle will secure europa and more importantly conference league. I’m ok with a 8th /9th place finish. Have a big clearout as we don’t need as big a squad with no Europe . As for who wins the league I don’t care who wins it . City’s success doesn’t matter and I’m not too bothered about Arsenal either way.

Lentwood

1. We don't need to throw games, EtH will see to it that we have no chance of getting anything.

2. Let City keep hoovering up trophies. The World knows they're meaningless and that will be 'officially confirmed when they (eventually) get punished.

chisagyu

I will be pissed if we somehow do get a result against Arsenal. Its an absolute nothing game. And then City go on to win 4 titles in a row. Catastrophic.

davidmichael

We certainly don’t need to throw points as Arsenal will most likely rout us today regardless of which United turn up, you add ETH’s ridiculous tactics and team selections to our injury list and the result is potentially scary although it would almost certainly mean the end for ETH so it has a positive in there.

Dazzmondo

After City beating Fulham, I doubt it would matter whether Arsenal beat us or not tbh. Spurs and West Ham aren't going to take points off City. Most likely Arsenal will destroy us without us needing to throw it anyway. If Arsenal were in the lead though I probably would want us to lose at this stage considering we have nothing to play for.

wildflower2007

Although I'm United through and through (along with my son) I sometimes go to the occasional Spurs game as my brother lives near London and is a season ticket holder.
I managed to go to see them yesterday v Burnley, and I instantly came away and said City have won the league. After that performance from Spurs, there's no way in he'll they're going to beat City Tuesday night. They don't have a lead striker like Kane anymore to aim for. They get bogged down centrally and this was against Burnley!

I've got more hope for West Ham throwing a spanner in the works for City's title than Spurs and that's not me Spurs bashing, even other Spurs fans were saying it coming out the stadium.

Yakuza_devils

Let's throw points today against Arsenal to keep the pressure on City. Trust me, with this mindset it will feel much better later during the game. It will not be painful to watch.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
We won’t be throwing the points today. We’ll be gift wrapping it with a bow and presenting it to Arsenal. We’re a mid table side. They are title contenders … despite their propensity to bottle it when things get tough. I’d hope we will be in a position one day to bottle a title challenge. That would be an improvement.

Winrar

Although I'm United through and through (along with my son) I sometimes go to the occasional Spurs game as my brother lives near London and is a season ticket holder.
I managed to go to see them yesterday v Burnley, and I instantly came away and said City have won the league. After that performance from Spurs, there's no way in he'll they're going to beat City Tuesday night. They don't have a lead striker like Kane anymore to aim for. They get bogged down centrally and this was against Burnley!

I've got more hope for West Ham throwing a spanner in the works for City's title than Spurs and that's not me Spurs bashing, even other Spurs fans were saying it coming out the stadium.
I can totally see West Ham nearly pulling a shock result until a 90+8 goal from City.

ekestubbe

It hurts infinitely more to watch a proper club like Arsenal or Liverpool win the league than City.
I don't understand this reasoning. To me it's the opposite; seeing a bully or a cheat win is way worse than someone who legitimately deserves it.

ForeverRed1

Conference league would be a nightmare but Arsenal fans are sooooo cocky. See piers Morgan’s most recent tweet about destroying us.

BorisManUtd

I don't care that much about City. Did care when they won the title from us in 2012 and last season when they won the treble as we were the only ones with that achievement. But apart from that I like Pep and they've saved us from couple Liverpool titles.

We're losing today with or without effort, though it would be nice if players tried at least as they've achieved just one PL win in 3 months.

el_loco_bielsa

Supports
liverpool
It doesn’t matter one way or the other.

Arsenal are about to discover the painful truth which we’ve acclimatised to over the years - that you can rack up win after win over an exemplary season and it doesn’t mean much, because you’ll always be pipped to the post by the financially doped behemoth because of their superior resources.

They’ve used the endless black gold pouring out of the ground to buy ‘best in class’ everything - the best coach, the best players, the best scouting/recruitment structure, the best academy players, the best multi-continent-multi-club support structure for the winning machine. There is no hope in hell for anyone else.

Bright_Eyes

Putting a bet on us to win today. That way if we win I can still be happy.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I don’t think we have a choice here about “throwing points”. That would suggest that the outcome of the game is in any way under our control. And under Ten Hag, one thing we know is that we have zero control. It’s the football equivalent of a roll of the dice.

BorisManUtd

I don’t think we have a choice here about “throwing points”. That would suggest that the outcome of the game is in any way under our control. And under Ten Hag, one thing we know is that we have zero control. It’s the football equivalent of a roll of the dice.
Yeah we're in no position to choose. It's more of "make effort and somehow manage to lose 3-0 or make no effort and lose 6-0".

SirBillNic

Supports
Spurs

Based on the Burnley game I would agree, but football can be surprising sometimes. We're still at our best as a counter attacking side so the way City play suits us a bit more. We were much better against Burnley when they started getting desperate and coming forward and giving us space. Postecoglou is trying to make us more possession-based but you can tell the DNA of the team and players is still to counter attack quickly. City is the one team who will probably dominate us in possession (even Arsenal sat back and played on the counter and set pieces against us knowing we can't break them down).

Most likely we get battered, yes, but I also wouldn't be surprised if we get a result. If I'm not mistaken we have the most wins in the PL vs City and it's been a while since they won against us in our ground. West Ham on the other hand have 0% chance of getting a result at the Etihad imo.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Casemiro's been reading this thread. Disgraceful mistake considering his age and experience.

chris123

Genuinely looked like the players were not arsed at all in that last 15 minutes. Crowd and players made it feel like a friendly game we didn't really care if we won or not.

SonOfFergie

Looking at United's first eleven today and bench there is 4-5 players max that are EPL level. Nevermind a top 4 challenging quality. And three of those are kids who should be introduced gradually. Under injured there are 4-5 players that we should keep. Open heart surgery needed. We need 10 new players.