Time for a "Phoenix" Club?

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
With the European Super League announcement perhaps the timing is perfect for United fans to get back control of the institution. It's clear that fans of all 6 PL clubs are diametrically opposed to the concept, particularly the domestic fans who provide matchday revenues.

With the PL threatening expulsion the opportunity exists, for the creation of another Manchester United Club. Fan owned and backed by private investment, with the right access to infrastructure and funding the club could be permitted to enter the football league period at a high starting position. This would allow the PL to have a product for united fans that could attract them away from the sinking Glazer ship.

If all 6 English clubs followed a similar model we could finally return to a football league structure that represents supporters, link in salary and spending caps and have a competitive league system.

Its an ambitious plan, but if this got mainstream appeal and publicity it could be the start of a new era of football. Away from the oligarchs and private equity firms and back to the people.

SER19

They'll probably sort their new york franchise out first, before looking at Phoenix

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
Erm... this has already happened?
The momentum behind FCUoM is a lot less than created by this scenario.

I mean yes, could use that club. But needs to be brought back to mainstream attention, so I think a new organisation/push would be needed.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
A club made from the combined efforts of fans from all these clubs would be interesting and an ultra feck you to this

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
There's no shortcut into the football league system. Both FC United and AFC Wimbledon entered at level 10. Unless that is what you're considering a high starting position.

gajender

With the European Super League announcement perhaps the timing is perfect for United fans to get back control of the institution. It's clear that fans of all 6 PL clubs are diametrically opposed to the concept, particularly the domestic fans who provide matchday revenues.

With the PL threatening expulsion the opportunity exists, for the creation of another Manchester United Club. Fan owned and backed by private investment, with the right access to infrastructure and funding the club could be permitted to enter the football league period at a high starting position. This would allow the PL to have a product for united fans that could attract them away from the sinking Glazer ship.

If all 6 English clubs followed a similar model we could finally return to a football league structure that represents supporters, link in salary and spending caps and have a competitive league system.

Its an ambitious plan, but if this got mainstream appeal and publicity it could be the start of a new era of football. Away from the oligarchs and private equity firms and back to the people.

That flies directly in face of FA notion of merit and football pyramid structure in England even if it's just the case of self preservation for them and aren't you just as entitled as these greedy Owners demanding different set of rules for yourself , I hope irony isn't lost on you.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
There's no shortcut into the football league system. Both FC United and AFC Wimbledon entered at level 10. Unless that is what you're considering a high starting position.
My idea here is grant a concession for the 6 clubs.

Allow them to enter at PL level and expel the other 6 clubs. Give the fans something to follow next season and watch the support drain from the existing institutions.

Uniquim

Manchester United have FC United
Liverpool have AFC Liverpool
Arsenal have Dial Square FC

Not sure about the other three, but it takes them forever to progress up the league pyramid unless they do a Leipzig and purchase another clubs license. Not even sure if that would work in England.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
That flies directly in face of FA notion of merit and football pyramid structure in England even if it's just the case of self preservation for them and aren't you just as entitled as these greedy Owners demanding different set of rules for yourself , I hope irony isn't lost on you.
So your alternative is take no pragmatic solutions and just allow the owners of the club steal it away?

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
There is one.

Give up your season tickets, your sky subscriptions and buy a season ticket for FC United or any other Non League side.

If the ESL is created and you still give them your money then you are complicit.

gajender

So your alternative is take no pragmatic solutions and just allow the owners of the club steal it away?
No I don't have a solution but your solution also reeks of same entitlement which these greedy Owners seem to believe in different set of rules just because of size and history of the Club and any way I don't believe this would go through in near future some sort of agreement would be worked out with greater share of the spoils going to these clubs.

Ffs. What planet are you on?

United fans walked away and started a 100% fan owned club in 2005 - it was clear then what the Glazers meant for United.

If people are actually prepared to walk away then FC United of Manchester have done the hard work for the last 15 years and built a great club based on the true traditions of Manchester United.

Unfortunately most people will run their mouth off but bottle it when it comes to taking action and making a stand

Wewinsoon

Allow them to enter at PL level and expel the other 6 clubs. Give the fans something to follow next season and watch the support drain from the existing institutions.
Not easier to just take ownership and transfer it to the fans? I bet there is a way for the league to do it, at the same time they could disband FIFA and UEFA and put in a New system without All that corruption.

tomaldinho1

Wimbledon tried this.
And it has been a great journey. I worked in south London for a long time and used to go watch them through their lower league days - if you look at the new stadium and think how fast they’ve got back into the higher leagues it’s a great story.

I will say that was different though because the whole issue there was they abandoned their fan base. It’d be the equivalent of United deciding to relocate to another major city because of the commercial potential and leaving fans with little alternative than to find another team or back the new one.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
Ffs. What planet are you on?

United fans walked away and started a 100% fan owned club in 2005 - it was clear then what the Glazers meant for United.

If people are actually prepared to walk away then FC United of Manchester have done the hard work for the last 15 years and built a great club based on the true traditions of Manchester United.

Unfortunately most people will run their mouth off but bottle it when it comes to taking action and making a stand
The point I am making is MUFC still continued.

It looks like they will be expelled if they go ahead with ESL.. this makes 6 vacant spots in the football league. Fill them with Phoenix replacements for each club.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
You are clueless.
Enlighten me then, ultimately its a place for debate.

I assume your position is that FCUoM embodies this already, so united fans should move en masse to support of that institution.

I agree with that in part, my concern is that an unfortunate truth is that fans won't give full support to a lower leaguer team. Therefore the top 6 clubs will continue unaffected.

ROFLUTION

Its so pathetic how some fans just give up the idea that something new can be built, like we couldn't build a new club if we tried. It sounds like a wifebeater type of situation, where once scolded, dont try anything new, you might get hurt. Feck that shit.

United fan 1; Imagine a club for fans, run by the fans.
United fan 2: Oh nooooo, we cant do that, that cant be done, *insert sarcastic posts about green and gold or Wimbledon to underline point of not trying*

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible

It would be an enormous spit in the face of every club beneath the Premier League (and probably for many clubs who worked so hard to get to the PL), for 6 brand new clubs bearing some resemblance to the expelled clubs, to just slide straight into the Premier League. If any new clubs form off the back of this, they need to start at level 10, like others have.

I don't believe the 6 clubs will be expelled anyway, but hypothetically - if they are, how could the PL take such heavy, drastic action against 6 clubs, and then give a free pass to 6 new clubs who have been born out of their expulsion? The 6 free spaces should be given to the next 6 deserving clubs (i.e. the top 6 of the Championship)

Besides, doesn't that contradict the vision of this? The big 6 breaking away into some money league, so 6 new clubs are formed due to the moral objection of the breakaway league, yet they each buy their way in to the summit of the football league system? Sounds like it would just mirror the same problem with the ESL, if it does turn out to be a breakaway league and not a supplement to the domestic league season.

I'm not against football fans taking things into their own hands and building something new with their vision, but a shortcut to the top is as morally reprehensible as any potential breakaway league.

Enlighten me then, ultimately its a place for debate.

I assume your position is that FCUoM embodies this already, so united fans should move en masse to support of that institution.

I agree with that in part, my concern is that an unfortunate truth is that fans won't give full support to a lower leaguer team. Therefore the top 6 clubs will continue unaffected.
FC United was founded as anti glazer, anti big money football. Fans first, community and enjoying match day experiences.

Tell me why another club is needed?

decorativeed

They aren't offering an alternative suggestion, just - correctly - stating that your proposal is as unfair as the Super League and against all notion of competition.

decorativeed

The point I am making is MUFC still continued.

It looks like they will be expelled if they go ahead with ESL.. this makes 6 vacant spots in the football league. Fill them with Phoenix replacements for each club.
Where would you have these new clubs playing? On school fields?