Time has finally run out for R Kelly?

villain

Hates Beyoncé
About 20 years too late as far as I’m concerned, but we can only hope.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Didn't he secretly marry Aaliyah when she was about 15 or summat?

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
There was a crazy article on him last summer, sounds like he has sex slaves all over the country.

Ignition (Remix) is a tune tho.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Time running out? In what sense?

He doesn't have any hits out today. His income is limited to royalties and going on tour, performing his portfolio of music.

These allegations of pimping women out, having a cult, and being attracted to underage teenagers, have been out long enough that it's reasonable to assume that the status quo with regards to his fanbase will continue, unless there is some smoking gun beyond him peeing on a 15 year old that further erodes his fanbase.

I think now there is an actual, concerted effort to get him out the paint. Pessimistic on how well that will work.

Classical Mechanic

He doesn't have any hits out today. His income is limited to royalties and going on tour, performing his portfolio of music.

These allegations of pimping women out, having a cult, and being attracted to underage teenagers, have been out long enough that it's reasonable to assume that the status quo with regards to his fanbase will continue, unless there is some smoking gun beyond him peeing on a 15 year old that further erodes his fanbase.

I think now there is an actual, concerted effort to get him out the paint. Pessimistic on how well that will work.
I was thinking more about him going to jail but it seems very easy to avoid if you have money in America.

Red Stone

Yeah, and when she was 14 he produced her debut record titled "Age Ain't Nothing But A Number". If you look at the album cover he's on it conspicuously perving in the background.

adexkola

Supports
I was thinking more about him going to jail but it seems very easy to avoid if you have money in America.
What's weird is that most of the recent allegations veer into the weird and unusual and disgusting, but as far as I know, running a cult isn't a crime. The associated alleged assaults and rapes qualify of course, but he's like Teflon now. Money helps, yes.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
According to some bloke in the documentary that worked with him for 20 years that was true as he was at the ceremony, also said he is a pedo.
You wonder why he worked with someone whom he knew to be a pedo for so long.

Tarrou

Weird I was having this discussion about him with the Mrs yesterday. It’s one of those rich/famous person situations where everyone knows he’s a wrong ‘un but not much seems to happen about it. Perhaps his time will come soon?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Never understood how this obvious child molester still has a career.

I do like some of his songs though.

muller

It's immaterial. He made some good music, he's rich and famous enough that people willingly forget the horrible actions he may have done.. see Chris brown, mj

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
It's immaterial. He made some good music, he's rich and famous enough that people willingly forget the horrible actions he may have done.. see Chris brown, mj
Let's not bring Michael Jackson into this. Was he a little weird, yes, but I don't believe for one minute that he sexually abused kids.

muller

Let's not bring Michael Jackson into this. Was he a little weird, yes, but I don't believe for one minute that he sexually abused kids.
Even if you just take what he admitted to - he slept in a bed with kids as young as 6 by his invitation and offered to give them (and did give them) alcohol.

That's not ok.

Never get why he gets a free pass to a lot of people.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Even if you just take what he admitted to - he slept in a bed with kids as young as 6 by his invitation and offered to give them (and did give them) alcohol.

That's not ok.

As I always say: At best case, and I mean very best case, he was incredibly inappropriate with children. Would anyone who defends him let their kids stay with a random dude down the road and sleep in his bed, just because he could sing, had a dog and a swing set in the back garden?

But I feel this is going to go off topic very quickly. Let's deal with one wrong'un at a time eh?

muller

As I always say: At best case, and I mean very best case, he was incredibly inappropriate with children. Would anyone who defends him let their kids stay with a random dude down the road and sleep in his bed, just because he could sing, had a dog and a swing set in the back garden?

But I feel this is going to go off topic very quickly. Let's deal with one wrong'un at a time eh?
:lol:

I think MJ's already dead ma.. Ah, right, discuss them..

I think talent of others, persuades their fans to forget their moral compass. With the horrible stuff coming out as part of MeToo and Hollywood - you wonder how much of this we will continue to see coming out.

redmeister

Same old shit, if your rich the law doesn't apply to you.
This is a tricky situation for the Cafs "current events" echo chamber, as he's also black, which should means the law not only applies to you, but you don't need to do anything wrong to get on the wrong side of it.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
This is a tricky situation for the Cafs "current events" echo chamber, as he's also black, which should means the law not only applies to you, but you don't need to do anything wrong to get on the wrong side of it.

ravi2

Yup, he married an underage Aliyah and i believe they got an annulment or something.
There is also the video of him peeing on an underage girl, along with dozens of allegations of him keeping underage girls in his house.
The dude is a monster.

ravi2

That's not ok.

Anyone who produces hits gets a pass from a lot of people.
Chris Brown is a prime example of this

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Anyone who produces hits gets a pass from a lot of people.
Chris Brown is a prime example of this
Rolf Harris didn't despite producing some absolute bangers.

Maroon Lucifer

Kelly himself wanted to file a federal lawsuit to stop this new documentary (Surviving R Kelly), but Lifetime went ahead and aired the first two episodes last night.

Did any of you see them?

I haven't seen it yet but I saw this on reddit:

"Here's some excerpts:

The six-episode Lifetime series tells the story of the R&B singer through the experiences of his accusers, including his ex-wife Andrea Kelly, who shared allegations of pedophilia and physical and sexual abuse perpetrated by the singer that span decades. “We have evidence of him raping underage girls, which is what sex with underage girls always is," hampton said of what's presented in the docuseries.

--

“There are whole systems in place: housing, runners, rules," hampton said. “There are women decades apart testifying to the kind of rules that they were subjected to living with this man, dealing with this man; there are hundreds, probably thousands of tapes made of them [by R. Kelly] without their permission. He's also deeply manipulative; these are women who didn't know each other, 20 years apart, and they'd be talking about being made to sign false confessions and he'd say, 'This is my insurance that you don't hurt me the way these other women have hurt me.' So, I knew we were dealing with someone that we may not want to dismiss. He's dangerous," hampton said.

--

But when hampton asked longtime collaborators and friends to speak on-camera for the docuseries, many of these highly influential people declined.

“John Legend was the only one," who participated, hampton said. “I asked Jay-Z, I asked Mary J. Blige, I asked Lil Kim, Erykah Badu, Dave Chappelle..." But they all said no. “I mean, most people just don't want to touch it. I remember Ahmir ["Questlove" Thompson] was like, 'I would do anything for you but I can't do this.' It's not because they support him, it's because it's so messy and muddy. It's that turning away that has allowed this to go on."

'Surviving R. Kelly' premieres on Lifetime on January 3.

Should have asked Vince Staples for a comment:

adexkola

Supports

My pessimism was well founded (so far).

diarm

I think talent of others, persuades their fans to forget their moral compass. With the horrible stuff coming out as part of MeToo and Hollywood - you wonder how much of this we will continue to see coming out.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Never understood how this obvious child molester still has a career.
Because he made a remix to ignition,
hot and fresh out the kitchen
We all roll our eyes
But then pay no attention
While he feeds kids some rum
And says "so what they're young"
"I'ts the freaking weekend baby I'm gonna have me some fun"