Time to get militant?

"Made hundreds of millions of pounds available" that's the money the club generated itself. They add absolutely nothing of value and instead take money out of the club for themselves.
They have taken circa £2 billion out of the club and not put in a penny of their own. They have even allowed the stadium to rot, yet we still have fans defending them. That's why they are still here; there is no coordinated action amongst the support. We can't remove them through individual action, it requires an organised approach.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
I would be ok with and completely understand if hard tactics are used by protesters. There needs to be an impact.

NoLogo

The debt has been the overburdening problem ever since the takeover but it goes deeper than this, the fact that they can't hire a capable CEO who has only a lick of knowledge on how to run a football club being one of the biggest. What do we expect if they hire someone who says that if he would get involved too much in team building, we would get relegated. How do we expect from someone like this to hire the right people, DoF for example, to bring the club back on track? When SAF still was here they didn't have to do jack shit but now they have to make good decision on who to hire leading this club and they feck it up again and again, and it's no wonder, given that they give a shite about United and only own the club because it earns them a couple of millions every year in dividends. I bet they don't even give a shite about football or soccer how they would call it.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Your fanbase seems so divided. They really need to unite because this cannot go on much longer. You guys are being milked and get 0 in return, it really hurts to see.
Liverpools fans stayed pretty United to get themselves into the ownership spot they’re in. Sure they needed luck and willing buyers. But the fan base stuck together.

From my post in Newbies:
There is always a danger of egos in protest movements. Of course we could go down the anarchist route ( in true sense of the word) of no leaders and no formal structure, just mass disobedience i.e. everyone refusing to hand over their cash. Alternatively, or perhaps, additionally, join MUST. Unless we agree on a formal course of collective action as a fanbase we won't get rid of the Glazers, that is certain. There is no need for violence or threats, we can starve them out, if we have the will.

Banana Republic

All it requires is the fans to starve the Glazers of funds…..……
It won’t be the Glazers who’ll be starved of funds, it’ll be the club.
It’s the asset value they’ll be more concerned about, not some relatively piddling £25m ( or whatever) in annual share dividends.
Putting the club, with in excess of £500m of debt, into the sort of loss making position, that will be hard to recover from, puts the very existence of the club in serious danger.
If the debts are not being serviced, then Utd could find themselves in a hole which will be very difficult, if not impossible to climb out of.
Even with the Glazers gone.
Up to that point, the debt payment will take priority over any reinvestment in the club, including in the playing staff.
If the debt repayments can’t be met…..?

There are also penalties that could be imposed for breaching football’s financial rules.
Where does it end up, points deduction that guarantees relegation?
Being thrown out of the EPL, if it gets bad enough?
The Glazers might still be there, either hanging on to their asset, or unable to find a buyer.

It won’t be the Glazers who’ll be starved of funds, it’ll be the club.
It’s the asset value they’ll be more concerned about, not some relatively piddling £25m ( or whatever) in annual share dividends.
Putting the club, with in excess of £500m of debt, into the sort of loss making position, that will be hard to recover from, puts the very existence of the club in serious danger.
If the debts are not being serviced, then Utd could find themselves in a hole which will be very difficult, if not impossible to climb out of.
Even with the Glazers gone.
Up to that point, the debt payment will take priority over any reinvestment in the club, including in the playing staff.
If the debt repayments can’t be met…..?

There are also penalties that could be imposed for breaching football’s financial rules.
Where does it end up, points deduction that guarantees relegation?
Being thrown out of the EPL, if it gets bad enough?
The Glazers might still be there, either hanging on to their asset, or unable to find a buyer.
I don't see any other way to remove owners who will only stay for as long as the money keeps rolling in. Fans of other clubs have successfully boycotted. It might mean short term pain for long term gain. It might mean sacrifice, but what's the alternative? Can you think of another way to force the Glazers to leave? I don't think there is totally painless way of doing it, otherwise it would have already happened.

Last edited:

croadyman

Who is to say the pain will be short term?
There’s no guarantee of that and it‘s more likely that the pain will be long term.
This long term pain is due to Premier League being total pushover when they should have been stronger in 2005

The Irish Connection

"Made hundreds of millions of pounds available" that's the money the club generated itself. They add absolutely nothing of value and instead take money out of the club for themselves.
Don’t forget, the majority of the transfers made were dragged out for months even years, leaving us underprepared and constantly playing catch-up squad wise. Also, a lot of the transfers made were not the first, second or even third choice and were pursued because they were easier to get done and/or cheaper.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
The reality is that the Glazers will sell only when the club is at its peak performance and value. They won't sell it when it's in dire straits unless we have plunged to the depths of hell. Even if we get relegated we need to be stuck there for a few seasons before they sell out.

The timing of any militant actions is not right at the moment.

Tigersam

Supports
Arsenal
I’m another who’s going to be very unpopular.
The more I read threads like this, the more I‘m convinced this sort of action will only end up being a catastrophic act of long term self harm for Utd, as a football club, for its image and it’s position in the football hierarchy.
Our financial strength and supporting income isn’t a given and cannot be guaranteed to return, if it takes a significant hit.
Utd will become ( if we’re not already on the way) yesterdays news, to potential new supporters, to the media and most importantly, to the potential sponsors, who will simply walk away and find more fertile ground.

This is already happening, as a result of our lack of success and gradual slide backwards on the football pitch.
That slide can only be arrested by improved results on the pitch and the resurgence of a wholly positive vibe.
Increasing the amount of toxicity and negativity around the club, can only do the opposite and accelerate the aura of decline.
Cutting off your nose to spite your face, springs to mind.

The Glazer cnuts aren’t going to just simply walk away if the value of the club starts to slide.
They’ll want to find ways to regain and pump up its value and that might include sticking it out until the club’s fortunes improve.
Can I please ask as a non-United fan that you please, please, please read a post like the one I've quoted and not do anything directly to delay or postpone Premier League games. Especially your next one in seven days vs. Liverpool.

In these grim times, a match on TV on a Monday night is a real diversion - a chance to forget about wars and overdrafts and illness and sadness and this one should be an absolute cracker, because of the results so far. If it gets interrupted or like that other time, postponed - not difficult to do in these days where health and safety is such a big thing - millions of neutral fans in the UK and around the world will be totally fed up. It will not bring Man Utd. sympathy, more likely the opposite, mainly because the Glazers have been at MUFC since 2005 but in the first eight years, when success was still the order of the day, how many matches were stopped by demonstrations?

You need to think of some other way to deal with this, don't ask me what, short of building a time machine and going back 20 years and stopping the takeover, I don't have a solution* - but please don't stop the fun of the average football supporter, that's not right.

*There is one possible endgame, but it isn't a pleasant one: if Man United did go into the Championship for a season, might the Glazers sell up then, somebody must know. It might not even need a relegation, maybe if United were in a low position at Xmas, they would sell up quick before the worst happened and if you got Big Sam Allardyce in he'd sort things out (he always reminded me of Tommy Docherty too, so it would be fitting). It wouldn't be pretty to watch, but if it got you to mid-table, it would be worth it.

The reality is that the Glazers will sell only when the club is at its peak performance and value. They won't sell it when it's in dire straits unless we have plunged to the depths of hell. Even if we get relegated we need to be stuck there for a few seasons before they sell out.

The timing of any militant actions is not right at the moment.
When things are going well again we protest? We are going backwards at break neck speed, with nothing changing. We will never return to the top whilst the Glazers remain because they are the biggest problem. Even if, by some miracle, we returned to the with the Glazers, most fans would then see no reason to protest anyway. Now is the perfect time, when we are rock bottom - literally rock bottom in the league.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Fans need to target the FA to get the Glazers out. Put pressure on the FA tell them we will get every match at OT cancelled via pitch invasions until they get the Glazers to pay off the debt from their own pockets or sell up to someone who will pay the debt off.

No point pissing about anymore, the biggest club in the land and we are the biggest laughing stock in the league.

Target the US media with a campaign of anti Glazer stories, they don’t care because they are thousands of miles away we can’t go to their houses and confront them.

And they gave money to Trumps campaign which has fk all to do with anything but just another reason to hate these fkrs!

Do we have emails for Arnold and Murtough? Maybe we start a campaign and hound them out first to show the leeches we are coming for them?

This fan base (biggest in the World) can’t sit by and watch the club slowly fall apart as it has been for the last 10 years.