Time wasting idea

BootsyCollins

Ok, this might be a stupid thing, but i was wondering of ways to waste time in a football match. Every thing i though of the player just ended up getting a yellow card.

Then i though, what if noone is there to recive the card.
F.ex a team leads 1-0 with 5 minutes to play and gets a throw in. What of all the players just walks away from where the trow in is? Who are the ref going to give a yellow card?

Could it work?

Handré1990

Ok, this might be a stupid thing, but i was wondering of ways to waste time in a football match. Every thing i though of the player just ended up getting a yellow card.

Then i though, what if noone is there to recive the card.
F.ex a team leads 1-0 with 5 minutes to play and gets a throw in. What of all the players just walks away from where the trow in is? Who are the ref going to give a yellow card?

Could it work?
He’d just concede the throw in to the opposition:lol: Like a wrong throw or whatever

Skills

Snitch
What if you get a team with a giant goalkeeper and a giant CB?

Gopher Brown

What about, in smaller grounds, slamming every ball out of the stadium repeatedly? Eventually they’ll run out of balls.

the_irish123

What if you make the goalkeeper bounce the ball into a 7 footers head on the edge of the box, and catch it repeatedly? You cannot call a foul if a player heads it back to the goalie. The defender being gigantic would rule out any possibility of an opposing player interfering with the action.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Nah, I've always thought that a team should just create pile on, player one takes the ball to the corner flag with two other close by, he lays on the ball while the other two lay by the side of him, optional for the rest of the team to jump in too, job done.

BootsyCollins

Classed as forfeit
Really?
Hmmm. What if a player jogs towards the ball and then turns like "oh i am not supposed to take throw ins" and run away, and then another player does the same. This repeats it self again and again.

What about, in smaller grounds, slamming every ball out of the stadium repeatedly? Eventually they’ll run out of balls.
This is another great idea.
Downside is the other teams gets the ball every time you do it.

Njord

What if you cut an afro into a bowl, and the keeper put the ball into the bowl? Then the player with the afro bowl can stand still and no one can take the ball.

Now the only problem is finding a strong player with an afro.

BootsyCollins

Also, in the same lane.
If the other teams goes on a dangerous counter attack, you can just hit your teammate in the head since the ref is forced to blow for head injuries.

If you dont want to risk getting a yellow card(do you get one for hitting your teammates?) you can just run into eachother and bumb heads on "accident"

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Some fans better bring a beachball, or something, against Liverpool at the weekend.

Gopher Brown

I often also used to wonder if players could form a ring around the ball, link arms, and walk it down the pitch while protecting it in the middle.

Gopher Brown

Nah, I've always thought that a team should just create pile on, player one takes the ball to the corner flag with two other close by, he lays on the ball while the other two lay by the side of him, optional for the rest of the team to jump in too, job done.
That’s obstruction though

Motorman

How about getting 8 players in a huddle, all surrounding the ball. Could slowly walk up the pitch. Opposition players wouldnt be able to get at ball without going through the players legs therefore a foul each time

Vernon Philander

How about grabbing the ball when it's gone out if play, and run to the ref with it demanding he inspects it thoroughly as you suspect it's now slightly squashed into an oval and therefore needs replacement.

Similar process happens in cricket from time to time.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
:lol: genuinely would be interesting to see that. If you did it while the match was in-play I wonder if the ref could book you, even if he knew what you were up to? Probably there's some general rule for unsporting behaviour with enough elasticity for him to use. I always admire the shithousery of players who know they are going to get flagged offside so just smack the ball as hard and high as they can, I've never seen them get booked for it.

Gopher Brown

I often also used to wonder if players could form a ring around the ball, link arms, and walk it down the pitch while protecting it in the middle.
How about getting 8 players in a huddle, all surrounding the ball. Could slowly walk up the pitch. Opposition players wouldnt be able to get at ball without going through the players legs therefore a foul each time
“Great” minds think alike

Gopher Brown

What if you Have 2 GK’s on the bench while winning and then you bring them on for outfield players in the last 10 minutes or so, and just play 3 GK’s.
I believe the rules say you can only specify one player as GK, however, if you had two goalies who are good at saving with their feet you could put them on the goal line in normal shirts.

Rozski

What if you cut an afro into a bowl, and the keeper put the ball into the bowl? Then the player with the afro bowl can stand still and no one can take the ball.

Now the only problem is finding a strong player with an afro.
Probably why Fellaini finally got sold. Once he cut his hair it ruined this plan and he was useless.

PoTMS

I believe the rules say you can only specify one player as GK, however, if you had two goalies who are good at saving with their feet you could put them on the goal line in normal shirts.
Romero in goal, Dave as sweeper keeper. We'd never concede again.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Keep passing the ball to Danny Welbeck up until he scores.

binary bot
I've been watching football for a few years now and I think(not totally sure) that they have this system where they attempt to compensate for time wasted at the end of the match.

RochaRoja

:D :D

Best method and no one can complain to ref.
I’ve never understood why teams take the ball to the corner flag when they can just pass the ball between themselves.

How can you be a professional football player and have such a lack of confidence in your ability to perform such a basic skill? For 85 minutes centre backs will comfortably exchange passes between themselves but as soon as stoppage time nears they suddenly crap their pants and look for the corners.

RochaRoja

Someone tried that about a 150 years ago. They called it “Rugby” or something. Nothing much came of it.

manutddjw

Ok I got this. When you win a throw or even have possession, the rest of the outfield players form a circle and put the ball in that circle of players. The opposition can’t possibly get through that wall without committing a foul which we’d still retain possession and can do it all over.

Gopher Brown

I’ve never understood why teams take the ball to the corner flag when they can just pass the ball between themselves.

How can you be a professional football player and have such a lack of confidence in your ability to perform such a basic skill? For 85 minutes centre backs will comfortably exchange passes between themselves but as soon as stoppage time nears they suddenly crap their pants and look for the corners.
Erm, because the other team want to get the ball and score? Keep the ball as far away from your goal as possible.

That game was different because, and please correct me if I’m wrong, that draw won us the league and secured Blackburn from relegation? Neither side wanted to mess it up.

calmufc98

Something similar was attempted in the Polish League the other day I think - didn't go too well judging off the video I seen on Twitter :(

We should just ask Tom Heaton, he knows a thing or two about time wasting!