Time wasting

stevoc

We just did what we had to do. Most away teams do it and yes you will be doing it at Anfield or Man. City whenever you play them away if you're winning 1-0 with ten minutes left and are under plenty of pressure.

Nothing personal chap.

Edit: One of my actual bug bearers is when team makes a late sub and player coming off walks to far side and then does slow walk down the pitch. That usually wastes a good minute although less of that know when they're told to walk off the touchline the other side and make the long way round.
In the last few minutes fair enough I suppose. I doubt we'll be doing it from the first 10 minutes though, there was some top level shithousery on display from Villa today. Congrats on the win.

rk4utd

They wasted time it’s true - so did Newcastle - but what frustrates me as much is how our own players amble to corners etc when we are in the first half - then It’s full on rushing when we have to get a break through late in the second half - I thought ole wanted to sort out slow starts? Up the bloody tempo then!

pascell

It does when you’ve paid £60-£70 for a ticket. I don’t pay to watch a keeper mess about with a goal kick. If nothing else they should clamp down on this from the fans perspective
I pay £850 minimum a season to watch United at home, it still doesn't matter what the opposition do with the ball, if we can't beat them within 90 minutes with the attacking talent we've got at our disposal, there's a problem.

ti vu

Just stop the clock and you can time waste as much as you want. I think they need to introduce it, because you never get as much stoppage time as time is wasted with nonsense on and off the pitch.
With the nature of football, team would still try the same to break the flow of the game, killing momentum of the other team. Refs don't do their job well by not punishing the time waster, but stop the clock would encourage play breaker, since they can just continue stop playing the game according to their own advantage without being punished.

izec

With the nature of football, team would still try the same to break the flow of the game, killing momentum of the other team. Refs don't do their job well by not punishing the time waster, but stop the clock would encourage play breaker, since they can just continue stop playing the game according to their own advantage.
You can still hand out yellow cards for stupid things

ti vu

You can still hand out yellow cards for stupid things
It would become another VAR altogether. Up to interpretation is never a good thing. One ref can go hard punishing a not so hard offense which later affect games. Another ref allow all the nonsense continue dragging the game, also later affects the game.

Terminator

Villa are a pathetic small time team. They basically did it from minute one.

Nickthepip

We just did what we had to do. Most away teams do it and yes you will be doing it at Anfield or Man. City whenever you play them away if you're winning 1-0 with ten minutes left and are under plenty of pressure.

Nothing personal chap.

Edit: One of my actual bug bearers is when team makes a late sub and player coming off walks to far side and then does slow walk down the pitch. That usually wastes a good minute although less of that know when they're told to walk off the touchline the other side and make the long way round.
You weren’t winning
I pay £850 minimum a season to watch United at home, it still doesn't matter what the opposition do with the ball, if we can't beat them within 90 minutes with the attacking talent we've got at our disposal, there's a problem.
You’re missing the point. The issu
As do I. I’m not blaming Villa or stating the time wasting is why we lost. I’m saying that the time wasting ruins the game for fans and that it should be clamped down upon by officials. An early yellow card would cut it out.