Toaster Toes Timo Werner | Tottenham Player

Chief123

I’m guessing Liverpool are happy they saved £50m on this one. He reminds me of those flys that just circle the room really fast but don’t go anywhere. Very busy doing nothing.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I’m guessing Liverpool are happy they saved £50m on this one. He reminds me of those flys that just circle the room really fast but don’t go anywhere. Very busy doing nothing.
Klopp might have had him producing more, in fact the biggest loser is probably Werner for not getting Klopp’s tuition. Re: the fly, also remind me of the younger brother playing with a group of older kids, constantly running after the ball but never doing anything with it

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I get the feeling Klopp would've known how to use him and get more of a tune out of him than Frankie Lamps.

AshRK

Always found it strange he didn't want to play the KO stages in CL last season but preferred to sit on stands watching Chelsea getting battered by Bayern.

Bojan11

Always found it strange he didn't want to play the KO stages in CL last season but preferred to sit on stands watching Chelsea getting battered by Bayern.
Why?

If he got injured then no move and he had release clause.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Looks completely shot of confidence, Lamps should be giving him some time out.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I think he'll come good. It will probably take a different manager for him to get that "fresh start" he needs, but I think it'll come eventually. Either that or Lampard needs to just trust him and play him up top constantly. I think today was his first game up top for a long, long time by the sounds of it.

AshRK

Why?

If he got injured then no move and he had release clause.
Move to chelsea? I expected better from him but I always felt odd why would any ambitious player would not want to play at the highest level and preferred to sit on the bench.

Chief123

Basically the same reasons Havertz went to Chelsea too. He was shown the money and took the bait. Was happy to sacrifice potential success with Leipzig for the monies. Both are probably regretting it now.

SATA

He's not very good, is he? Saw him play in the world cup 2018 and thought he was very average

Last edited:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He's not very good, is he? Saw him play in the world cup 2018 and thought he was very average
I said that during the WC and some German poster blasted me for saying he's average :lol:

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Fantastic to see this happening. Havertz as well. Get it up them for choosing to play for Chelsea.

SAFMUTD

He looks poor as feck, he's young and may turn it around but its comical at the moment.

Quinzaine

This forum was full of posters begging for him to replace Martial 12 months ago. Martial is the superior player in almost every department except for running fast - probably a nice example of 'the grass isn't always greener'...

sillwuka

This forum was full of posters begging for him to replace Martial 12 months ago. Martial is the superior player in almost every department except for running fast - probably a nice example of 'the grass isn't always greener'...
You've got that right. Martial is a level above.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I know people say he's not a wide player but ,on the few times Chelsea did break, he did naturally move into wider positions.
I cant imagine Lampard telling his main forward to consistently go wide when they had zero options in the box.

I think Werner, in that respect, is very much like Rashford. Playing wise that is.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
He's never been really consistent in the BL aswell. Sometimes he had 5 games in a row where he scored 1 or 2 goals, sometimes he had 5 times in a row looking like a player from a lower league.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I got absolutely slaughted by both Chelsea fans and Utd fans for saying that yet here we are now...

Threesus

I know people say he's not a wide player but ,on the few times Chelsea did break, he did naturally move into wider positions.
I cant imagine Lampard telling his main forward to consistently go wide when they had zero options in the box.

I think Werner, in that respect, is very much like Rashford. Playing wise that is.
I feel like Rashford is technically superior to Werner. Even in the Villa game where everyone was criticising him, he still completed more dribbles than anyone on the pitch, even Grealish. Both of their decision making needs work though.

GameOn

Typical behaviour from most of the resident germans :)
Not really. Actually the vast majority of German fans I've come across don't rate Werner at all. Pure system player, that was made bei Leipzig/Nagelsmann.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I got absolutely slaughted by both Chelsea fans and Utd fans for saying that yet here we are now...
Here we are with Martial having 5 goals and 6 assists (18 matches) and Werner has 8 goals and 6 assists (24 matches) this season. Werner started hot but has now gone really cold.

sugar_kane

Maybe he'll end up at Liverpool after all, his numbers from the Bundesliga prove there's a decent striker there and it's probably crossing his mind whether he made the right decision at this point.

Quinzaine

Here we are with Martial having 5 goals and 6 assists (18 matches) and Werner has 8 goals and 6 assists (24 matches) this season. Werner started hot but has now gone really cold.
Werner has played 1800 mins to Martial's 1200, Werner has also scored 3 penalties to Martial's 1. It fair to say Martial's goals and assists will exceed Werner's current tally once he's played 1800 mins. Statistics aside the difference between the two is fairly evident just watching them play. Martial is more skillful, has more to his game technically, has more finesse, and appears to have the higher footballing IQ. Im yet to see anything of Werner in England that has convinced me otherwise but I guess it's still early.