Toaster Toes Timo Werner | Tottenham Player

Yeah, imagine how the LaLiga fans must've talked about the sheltered PL, when they saw Hazard play for Madrid ...
there are however lots of successful imports from the PL to La Liga. You highlighted one failure.

how many successes have there been from Germany to the PL?

Bale
Ronaldo
Beckham
Forlan
Pigue
Modric
McManaman
RVN

that’s me thinking about successes to La Liga for approx 7 seconds.

pascell

The worrying thing is, that before when he was missing all those chances, you could at least say he's still getting into these positions and if he keeps doing that, he'll find his shooting boots eventually, but he is not even getting any chances anymore. Hasn't had a clear chance in weeks.
I honestly thought you'd use him as a poacher, playing off the shoulder of the opposition CBs like Chicharito did so well at United, thats what he needs to do. Once he gets his next goal he'll be fine.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I wonder if a 352 system would help Werner?

Not sure how it would impact the rest of the team but Werner would at least play alongside a CF whilst not being shoved all the way out to the wing himself.

It probably wouldn't suit Pulisic or Hudson-Odoi, but two of Havertz, Ziyech and Mount flanking Kante and of course Chilwell and James as the wing backs.

It would also allow for an extra pacy CB like Tomori or Christensen on the other side of Silva.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I honestly thought you'd use him as a poacher, playing off the shoulder of the opposition CBs like Chicharito did so well at United, thats what he needs to do. Once he gets his next goal he'll be fine.
With the injuries we've had, he's had to fill in out wide. None of Pulisic, Ziyech and Hudson-Odoi have managed to stay fit with any consistency. At one point, all 3 of them were either not fit to start or completely out injured.

I don't think starting him in every game whilst not really adjusting the system is helping him

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I wonder if a 352 system would help Werner?

Not sure how it would impact the rest of the team but Werner would at least play alongside a CF whilst not being shoved all the way out to the wing himself.

It probably wouldn't suit Pulisic or Hudson-Odoi, but two of Havertz, Ziyech and Mount flanking Kante and of course Chilwell and James as the wing backs.

It would also allow for an extra pacy CB like Tomori or Christensen on the other side of Silva.
He definitely needs to be playing off a striker rather than going it alone up top.

Having said that he can only operate in a 3 as a LWF but only if he is given license to just stay close to the CF and not have to track back or play as a winger. Therefore the midfield trio would need a attacking midfielder who is like a Di Maria and pulls out wide ensuring Chelsea hold their width.

3-5-2 would be easier to pull off or even a 4-4-2 but in any case the less of the ball he has and less link up the better. He needs to just focus on making runs in behind and getting shots off - that is when he can be lethal.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
there are however lots of successful imports from the PL to La Liga. You highlighted one failure.

Bale
Ronaldo
Beckham
Forlan
Pigue
Modric
McManaman
RVN

Don't forget Coutinho being a failure as well. Failed in the BL for Bayern as well :D

You want to go back to Mcmanaman for Prem signings?

Kompany
De Bruyne
Sane
Son
Firmino
Matip
Gundogan
Fuchs
Van Der Vaart
Ballack

Some off the top of my head.

GameOn

Bale
Ronaldo
Beckham
Forlan
Pigue
Modric
McManaman
RVN

Hamann, Ballack, Lehmann, De Bruyne, Son, Gündogan, Aubameyang, Firmino, Sané etc.

Really didn't take more than a few seconds.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
I've just tried to make a summary and (IMHO):

Premier League signings from Bundesliga clubs (at least £ 15 mln spent)
Positive: Aubameyang, De Bruyne, Sanè, Firmino, Son, Gundogan, Soyuncu, Vestergaard, Dzeko, De Jong

Neutral: Leno, Pulisic. Too early for Werner, Havertz, Thiago Alcantara

Negative: Naby Keita, Haller, Xhaka, Joelinton, Mkhitaryan, Gbamin, Baba, Schurrle, Yarmolenko, Kagawa, Sokratis, Heargraves, Chicharito
Ratio -> Positive(10)/Negative (13) < 1. More misses than hits.

Premier League signings from LaLiga clubs (at least € 20 mln spent and since 2010.. They're really too many)
Positive: Rodri, Fabregas, Ozil, Kovacic, Sanchez (to Arsenal), Aguero, Diego Costa, Torres (to Liverpool), David Silva, Yaya Tourè, Fornals, Pedro, Mata (to Chelsea), Digne, Otamendi, Jonny Otto, Filipe Luis, Jesus Navas

Neutral: Laporte, Lo Celso because they have not played a lot recently. , Bailly (too many injuries), Herrera, Ceballos, De Gea. Too early for Partey, Ferran, Semedo, Rodrigo, James, Reguilon, Bale, Llorente

Negative: Kepa, Di Maria, Morata, Mustafi, Soldado, Danilo, Andrè Gomes, Negredo, Lucas Perez
Ratio -> Positive (18)/ Negative (9) = 2.

Conclusions:
Not even a question. Players from La Liga have performed much much better than players from Bundesliga. /Endgame

Gazza

Positive: Aubameyang, De Bruyne, Sanè, Firmino, Son, Gundogan, Soyuncu, Vestergaard, Dzeko, De Jong

Negative: Naby Keita, Haller, Xhaka, Joelinton, Mkhitaryan, Gbamin, Baba, Schurrle, Yarmolenko, Kagawa, Sokratis, Heargraves, Chicharito

Premier League signings from LaLiga clubs (at least € 20 mln spent and since 2010.. They're really too many)
Positive: Rodri, Fabregas, Ozil, Kovacic, Sanchez (to Arsenal), Aguero, Diego Costa, Torres (to Liverpool), David Silva, Yaya Tourè, Fornals, Pedro, Mata (to Chelsea), Digne, Otamendi, Jonny Otto, Filipe Luis, Jesus Navas

Neutral: Laporte, Lo Celso because they have not played a lot recently. , Bailly (too many injuries), Herrera, Ceballos, De Gea. Too early for Partey, Ferran, Semedo, Rodrigo, James, Reguilon, Bale, Llorente

Negative: Kepa, Di Maria, Morata, Mustafi, Soldado, Danilo, Andrè Gomes, Negredo, Lucas Perez

Conclusions:
Not even a question. Players from La Liga have performed much much better than players from Bundesliga. /Endgame
... using your own arbitrary selection criteria! /thisgamesucks

PaulScholes99

Positive: Filipe Luis, Otamendi
Neutral: de Gea

I think that is enough internet for me today.

Red00012

Conclusions:
Neutral De Gea :lol:

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire

Neutral: De Gea.
That's ridiculous. Of all the players you've listed, De Gea is easily in the top 5. I'd personally say only Silva and Aguero have had more positive contributions for their club than De Gea has had with us.

Chief123

Conclusions:
What’s most astonishing in your whole post is that you don’t have De Gea as a “positive” signing from La Liga?! Mate, he’s been one of the best goalkeepers the premier league has ever seen. He’s arguably the best signing from La liga!

Chief123

That's ridiculous. Of all the players you've listed, De Gea is easily in the top 5. I'd personally say only Silva and Aguero have had more positive contributions for their club than De Gea has had with us.
Jinx! I literally just posted this.

Chief123

Neutral De Gea :lol:
I’ll be honest, as soon as I saw De Gea under neutral I lost any credibility of what this dude had to say. I didn’t even bother reading the rest :lol:

What’s even funnier is he has Rodri as a positive signing who’s been awful half the time!

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Filipe Luis: 100% negative signing.. My bad, got confused with Azpilicueta.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Don’t think you can call Hargreaves a negative signing if your criteria is about performance levels... He performed very well. He was just never fecking fit!

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
I’ll be honest, as soon as I saw De Gea under neutral I lost any credibility of what this dude had to say. I didn’t even bother reading the rest :lol:

What’s even funnier is he has Rodri as a positive signing who’s been awful half the time!
1 x Golden Glove winner
3 x United players' player of the year
4 x Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year (a record)
5 x Premier League team of the year appearances
424 appearances (a United record for non-British players)....

Neutral.

Chief123

Filipe Luis: 100% negative signing.. My bad, got confused with Azpilicueta.
To be fair you’ve had a few shockers with your list mate. Hargreaves was pivotal in us winning the league and champions league in 2008 yet you’ve got him as a negative signing.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Neutral for DDG :lol: and I give him the most stick because I don’t feel he’s good enough anymore but he’s been a success!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Weird signing. He's not a CF and appears to be a second striker which Chelsea don't need given they have so many attacking midfielders. And as a wide forward he isn't very skillful.

meamth

... What's with this La Liga vs PL signing comparison??

I said, German/Deutch players bought with high money and reputation will always flop in PL.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He’s a runner. His main asset is not his hold up play or his dribble but his pace and his off ball movement, Werner would be more benefit playing under Ole due to our style quick counter and direct suits him. Play him as lone striker was never his speciality, he was flop as lone striker in 2018 World Cup, I spoke to some Chelsea fans before the season started they expected him to play as no 9 in front three and Lampard also mentioned in interview that he signed him to be no 9. When he plays wide, Lampard expected him to do something with the ball like creative player when he’s more effective off the ball, on wide area, he should be used similar to how Aubameyang was used last season.

Chelsea has Giroud or Abraham to play 2 strikers formation with Werner like how he was paired with Poulsen. I think he will come good if Chelsea has different manager who knows and understands how to use him for example Ralph Hasenhüttl. In my opinion Werner’s problem this season is the manager, the coaching and the tactic.

PoTMS

Oh boy, he is shit. Is he still Germany's starting #9?

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
That miss just about sums up his performance since coming on. He was terrible before that, that's just the icing on the cake.

mu4c_20le

He was always a bottler. Nagelsmann played to his strengths with his system.

DRM

Yeh his confidence is rock bottom, but my word he's such a limited player. He's not that quick, not that strong, an inch too short for a CF, finishing leaves a lot to be desired and I think his mentality isn't that of an elite striker. Reminds me of Forlan for United.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Absolutely awful finishing with no confidence. This stupid feck has single handedly ruined my dream team this year.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It looked more difficult to get it that far wide than scoring!