Timothy Fosu-Mensah image 24

Timothy Fosu-Mensah Netherlands flag

2017-18 Performances

View full 2017-18 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

gulli_G

I heard on the commentary that he had a very good game against Sane and the Sterling.

Andersons Dietician

Yeah looked pretty good, wouldn’t have let him go myself but a loan was probably what was best as I doubt Jose would have given him many games.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Had a good game, BT gave him motm.

crazylegz

keep him at palace, our club has generally become a plague for player's development since fergie retired.

Sigma

Valencia replacement? What's his attacking like? Good final ball?
I think he is far better centrally, although he did have a good game today. Hopefully he can continue starting for Crystal Palace where we will see if he can improve positionally as a right back.

POF

I never really understood those that think his best position is central midfield rather than full back. His touch is nothing special and he doesn't look like he would add much in relation to controlling a game from midfield.

But his speed and athleticism pretty much epitomises the modern full back. If he can add some quality delivery in the final third he could easily be the long term successor to Valencia. I think he's a special talent in that position.

Even at central defence, maybe he could be a future star there but he is far too error prone to play there just now.

Nick7

I never really understood those that think his best position is central midfield rather than full back. His touch is nothing special and he doesn't look like he would add much in relation to controlling a game from midfield.

But his speed and athleticism pretty much epitomises the modern full back. If he can add some quality delivery in the final third he could easily be the long term successor to Valencia. I think he's a special talent in that position.

Even at central defence, maybe he could be a future star there but he is far too error prone to play there just now.
He's a centre back for me. He just doesn't have the positional sense to play there yet because he has barely played the position in so long.

Sigma

True, I was just wondering as what we are really lacking is good attacking options at fullback.
I think he is more defensively than attack minded in general. One thing I think he struggles with though is the ball over the top of him and how to deal with it.

POF

He's a centre back for me. He just doesn't have the positional sense to play there yet because he has barely played the position in so long.
Possibly but if you're looking at a position he could play at the top level now, I think he's much closer to being a quality full back. I think he needs to mature physically as well as positionally to be ready to play centre back.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He and Pereira need to be reintegrated next year, and can save us a lot.

As a right back, I think he has similar attributes to Kyle Walker, and is still just 19. He won’t be outrun or outmuscled by any winger.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Players can only come back if clubs send them back, can't they? Isn't that the Premier League rule?

There was that instance where Shay Given got injured and Joe Hart was on loan, and the Premier League blocked their attempt at recalling him, so signed Martin Fulop for the last few games of the season instead. The league bent on their rule to register players outside of the transfer window du to "exceptional circumstances", but wouldn't bend on being able to recall their own player. Doubt we could bring him back if we wanted to.

The news about recalling him seems to have stemmed from fan demand, rather than any opportunity to do so, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Well done to the lad! Really pleased for him.

Red_toad

Should recall him. We're short of defenders and midfielders now. Least he'd be happy to come back' unlike our other loanee.

Players can only come back if clubs send them back, can't they? Isn't that the Premier League rule?

There was that instance where Shay Given got injured and Joe Hart was on loan, and the Premier League blocked their attempt at recalling him, so signed Martin Fulop for the last few games of the season instead. The league bent on their rule to register players outside of the transfer window du to "exceptional circumstances", but wouldn't bend on being able to recall their own player. Doubt we could bring him back if we wanted to.

The news about recalling him seems to have stemmed from fan demand, rather than any opportunity to do so, but correct me if I'm wrong.
Depends what our agreement is, they aren’t all the same, I would be surprised if we didn’t have a recall clause in January - it’s not as if it’s a loan of a high profile player like James or Falcao that involves a high fee. We have a recall option on Pereira, so I would assume we would on F-M.

Classical Mechanic

Supposedly CP are thinking of sending TFM back so they can free up space for priority positions in the window. Also it is being reported that they have to pay us £1m if they send him back.

R'hllor

There is time for him, after all we are clearly under tribal mentality with chieftain in charge.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Naive defensively last time I saw him (4 games back?). Looks so, so promising going forward. A real footballer with top notch dribbling ability.

Dobbs

Really think he could give us something in a midfield three with Pogba and Matic. No doubt he needs to work on his use of the ball, get to a point where he's consistent with it, dependable. The upsides could be considerable though. Winning the ball high up the field is still a great way of breaking teams down. His pace, strength and relish for a tackle is all about that. Free Pogba up as well.

Utdstar01

Really think he could give us something in a midfield three with Pogba and Matic. No doubt he needs to work on his use of the ball, get to a point where he's consistent with it, dependable. The upsides could be considerable though. Winning the ball high up the field is still a great way of breaking teams down. His pace, strength and relish for a tackle is all about that. Free Pogba up as well.
Couldve given it a try in the cups or in pre-season. We desperately need some energy in midfield!

Utdstar01

He had 2 or 3 moments of real class today. One where he came out of about 2 or 3 challenges with the ball somehow. Then another where he won the ball really well and played a quick, long crossfield pass.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Think he could quite easily play for us in our current state.

He wasn’t far off when LVG put him in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.