To quote Taylor Swift, you need to calm down.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I always feel this is relevant every transfer window.

Unless we're Ole or Ed or one of the Glazers then we have no idea of what's going on transfer wise.

Instead we're giving easy clicks to people who are constantly bullshitting about every player going and feeding the cycle whereby they get away with their bullshit because we're desperate to find out anything and give ourselves some hope.

It's not healthy at all.

I know it's the summer and I know it's frustrating and I know there's not much going on so there's not much to talk about other than transfers but seriously, we have no idea who Solskjaer wants and thinks will fit the team, we have no idea who the scouts have recommended, we have no idea who Ed and the rest of the board think are worth it or how much they're bidding or the machinations of the bidding process so we genuinely cannot do a thing other than get ourselves worked up into a froth for absolutely no reason until the transfers are announced or the window shuts.

Now obviously if we don't sign anyone else before it shuts and we're clearly lacking in several departments, take it out on the club however way you see fit then and completely lose your shit but for now, relax and enjoy your summers instead of constantly asking what's going on and wondering which 'ITK' actually has a clue or whether x or y journalist is reliable because it's ALL bullshit until after the fact.

Chill folks, you'll feel better. We've had an alright pre-season and the players look like they're much more up for it than the end of last season. If Ole and the coaching staff have been serious about making us a lot fitter and the players have taken it on board (and it seems from the performances that they have) then we're gonna be more like the team we were when Ole first started than the team we finished the season as which can only be a good thing.

I don't like the Glazers, I think Ed is fecking useless and I constantly wonder why we don't sign this player or that player but I realise I have absolutely no control over any of it so why bother worrying about it?

Last edited:

romufc

I think you will see fans voice the concerns because they are passionate about the club and would like to see the club challenge. Fans who contribute to the team in terms of getting behind the team, going to matches, buying merchandise.
We are the biggest club, to see the biggest rivals doing so well, not only that the way they are run.
To answer why bother? we care about the club and want to do well. simple.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Can you use the title for your tinder posts?

Snafu17

Nobody will ever calm down if you tell them to calm down.

Kemizee

People can't calm down because they have seen a pattern with these management and owners. You just have the gut feeling that we will have another underwhelming year. This has been the case in the last 5 years. Unless something significant changes, then most people will continue to be hysterical and have doubts about where we are headed as a club. It's very normal.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Look what you made me do, I knew this thread was trouble when I walked in. But the way the club is run is the reason we're never getting back together with major success. We need to shake off the money men and get some football men into the club.

matherto

Look what you made me do, I knew this thread was trouble when I walked in. But the way the club is run is the reason we're never getting back together with major success. We need to shake off the money men and get some football men into the club.
I approve of this post despite the actual message.

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
Cause our players not gonna play, play, play, play, play
And we haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate (Fans)
Baby, Ole just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
Ole shake it off, Ole shake it off

matherto

People can't calm down because they have seen a pattern with these management and owners. You just have the gut feeling that we will have another underwhelming year. This has been the case in the last 5 years. Unless something significant changes, then most people will continue to be hysterical and have doubts about where we are headed as a club. It's very normal.
Yeah, of course it's normal but it doesn't need to be.

Newspapers and websites feed off the desperation of the fans so they continually pile it on every summer and cause us all strife that gets us down and then we get frustrated and wound up and they pile it on again.

Honestly ask yourselves, what can you personally do about our transfer strategy and who we sign or don't sign?

The square root of feck all.

Kemizee

Yeah, of course it's normal but it doesn't need to be.

Newspapers and websites feed off the desperation of the fans so they continually pile it on every summer and cause us all strife that gets us down and then we get frustrated and wound up and they pile it on again.

Honestly ask yourselves, what can you personally do about our transfer strategy and who we sign or don't sign?

The square root of feck all.
Yea. Agreed but then I also understand that not every one will be reasonable to know that they can't affect our transfer strategy directly and you can't blame them. By the way, how do the fans of clubs like Madrid, Barca and the likes say no to abysmal football and transfer operations and lackluster performances? What in your opinion do you think we can do as a fanbase generally to air our discontent with these bunch of owners?

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
We had a good preseason, so we'll surely win the league, FA Cup, Europa League, Wimbledon, and Belmont Stakes at a canter.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Tommy taylor was one of our great players.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
"I don't know about you but I'm feeling 22
Everything will be alright, if you keep me next to you
You don't know about me, but I bet you want to
Everything will be alright, if we just keep dancing like we're 22, twenty twoooooo
"

- Jesse Lingard

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
I think you will see fans voice the concerns because they are passionate about the club and would like to see the club challenge. Fans who contribute to the team in terms of getting behind the team, going to matches, buying merchandise.
We are the biggest club, to see the biggest rivals doing so well, not only that the way they are run.
To answer why bother? we care about the club and want to do well. simple.
100%

Chairman Steve

I think people are on edge because last year was a fecking writeoff in pre-season, with Jose being miserable as sin and Ed being seemingly incompetent in getting players or reluctant on spending players despite tooting the financial balance sheet horn on a regular basis. Fans are anxious that the board aren’t going to sabotage the second season in a row, after last season it was them and the manager who did it.

Jig1234

I always feel this is relevant every transfer window.

Unless we're Ole or Ed or one of the Glazers then we have no idea of what's going on transfer wise.

Instead we're giving easy clicks to people who are constantly bullshitting about every player going and feeding the cycle whereby they get away with their bullshit because we're desperate to find out anything and give ourselves some hope.

It's not healthy at all.

I know it's the summer and I know it's frustrating and I know there's not much going on so there's not much to talk about other than transfers but seriously, we have no idea who Solskjaer wants and thinks will fit the team, we have no idea who the scouts have recommended, we have no idea who Ed and the rest of the board think are worth it or how much they're bidding or the machinations of the bidding process so we genuinely cannot do a thing other than get ourselves worked up into a froth for absolutely no reason until the transfers are announced or the window shuts.

Now obviously if we don't sign anyone else before it shuts and we're clearly lacking in several departments, take it out on the club however way you see fit then and completely lose your shit but for now, relax and enjoy your summers instead of constantly asking what's going on and wondering which 'ITK' actually has a clue or whether x or y journalist is reliable because it's ALL bullshit until after the fact.

Chill folks, you'll feel better. We've had an alright pre-season and the players look like they're much more up for it than the end of last season. If Ole and the coaching staff have been serious about making us a lot fitter and the players have taken it on board (and it seems from the performances that they have) then we're gonna be more like the team we were when Ole first started than the team we finished the season as which can only be a good thing.

I don't like the Glazers, I think Ed is fecking useless and I constantly wonder why we don't sign this player or that player but I realise I have absolutely no control over any of it so why bother worrying about it?
Odd that you are on a forum. lambasting people discussing a very important aspect of the game. Transfers. Why do we need to chill out? - I am not losing sleep over transfers but I am capable of discussing transfers in a constructive manner.

On what Ole wants etc. I can only tell what I think, not him. or the club. I'm not a mind reader. I watch us play, I look at our squad. Look at what are rivals are doing and form an opinion. Maybe some people are obsessed and need to chill out but I think the large majority that are on this forum are discussing things respectfully.

Mindhunter

It’s a combination of a lot of things. There is no actual football being played (well it is now) so the entire focus is on transfers.

For a long time, we have been playing catch-up to City and now Liverpool have a much better team than us. I thinks it’s the realisation that we are not going to challenge for any major honours this year as well is what’s brining our thr frustration here.

I have resigned to the fact already. Personally, I am looking forward to the youngsters being given a run in the team and to seeing some exciting fast football even though we may end up outside of the top 4 again.

Snafu17

You really need to shake it off. You don't want bad blood between supporters.
Yeah everyone is acting like they're 22, most of you of were born way before, I dunno, 1989 ffs. It's like everything has changed and nobody's ready for it anymore. We need to be realistic, this is not some love story, we are clearly not out of the woods yet and there will be no one on a white horse to save us. Start acting like a true Red (live acoustic performances) and be patient.

fecking heat, look what you made me do. I want to go back to December