To quote Taylor Swift, you need to calm down.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Yeah everyone is acting like they're 22, most of you of were born way before, I dunno, 1989 ffs. It's like everything has changed and nobody's ready for it anymore. We need to be realistic, this is not some love story, we are clearly not out of the woods yet and there will be no one on a white horse to save us. Start acting like a true Red (live acoustic performances) and be patient.

fecking heat, look what you made me do. I want to go back to December
Keep it up :):drool:

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I always feel this is relevant every transfer window.

Unless we're Ole or Ed or one of the Glazers then we have no idea of what's going on transfer wise.

Instead we're giving easy clicks to people who are constantly bullshitting about every player going and feeding the cycle whereby they get away with their bullshit because we're desperate to find out anything and give ourselves some hope.

It's not healthy at all.

I know it's the summer and I know it's frustrating and I know there's not much going on so there's not much to talk about other than transfers but seriously, we have no idea who Solskjaer wants and thinks will fit the team, we have no idea who the scouts have recommended, we have no idea who Ed and the rest of the board think are worth it or how much they're bidding or the machinations of the bidding process so we genuinely cannot do a thing other than get ourselves worked up into a froth for absolutely no reason until the transfers are announced or the window shuts.

Now obviously if we don't sign anyone else before it shuts and we're clearly lacking in several departments, take it out on the club however way you see fit then and completely lose your shit but for now, relax and enjoy your summers instead of constantly asking what's going on and wondering which 'ITK' actually has a clue or whether x or y journalist is reliable because it's ALL bullshit until after the fact.

Chill folks, you'll feel better. We've had an alright pre-season and the players look like they're much more up for it than the end of last season. If Ole and the coaching staff have been serious about making us a lot fitter and the players have taken it on board (and it seems from the performances that they have) then we're gonna be more like the team we were when Ole first started than the team we finished the season as which can only be a good thing.

I don't like the Glazers, I think Ed is fecking useless and I constantly wonder why we don't sign this player or that player but I realise I have absolutely no control over any of it so why bother worrying about it?
This is a great post that deserves a proper feedback from someone who has time. I'm on my way out the door, but I think I have a good answer to your last question.

Why bother worrying about it? In my opinion its relatively the same as why worrying about the result of a particular game. It all comes down to fandom. The fans are fans of both the players and the fans, and new players are exciting. It's like shiny new toys that will make the team better. It's absolutely understandable that a ton of fans will devote a lot of feelings and time about transfers when it so directly impacts the team.

But then again, I absolutely agree with your post, if only I could control myself :p

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
We're 6th.
We've gone 6/7 years without the EPL title.
We only bought fecking Dalot & Fred last season, both aren't great.
In fact, all our transfers have been relatively bad for quite a while now.

This was supposed to be the summer of change. Based largely on Ole's comments that a number of these players simply aren't good enough.
We all agree.
And we can all see the holes that need to be plugged.
Some have gone unaddressed for years.

It's like groundhog Day.

It has reached a point where I'd be happy if we just got rid of the dross without replacement & just play the kids.

And u want us to just stay silent & watch it all happen. Are we allowed to complain next summer?

The reason Real & Barca have such good squads is because their fans won't tolerate this nonsense. How long before we are the same?

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Sorry to have to do this, but I'd like to quote a great poster who goes by the name @matherto

"It's a low bar but still, sick to the back teeth of watching the players we've got now."

You also want a couple of signings. People get desperate at different times.

Saying that, I'm all for bliss.

Irwin99

I always feel this is relevant every transfer window.

Unless we're Ole or Ed or one of the Glazers then we have no idea of what's going on transfer wise.

Instead we're giving easy clicks to people who are constantly bullshitting about every player going and feeding the cycle whereby they get away with their bullshit because we're desperate to find out anything and give ourselves some hope.

It's not healthy at all.

I know it's the summer and I know it's frustrating and I know there's not much going on so there's not much to talk about other than transfers but seriously, we have no idea who Solskjaer wants and thinks will fit the team, we have no idea who the scouts have recommended, we have no idea who Ed and the rest of the board think are worth it or how much they're bidding or the machinations of the bidding process so we genuinely cannot do a thing other than get ourselves worked up into a froth for absolutely no reason until the transfers are announced or the window shuts.

Now obviously if we don't sign anyone else before it shuts and we're clearly lacking in several departments, take it out on the club however way you see fit then and completely lose your shit but for now, relax and enjoy your summers instead of constantly asking what's going on and wondering which 'ITK' actually has a clue or whether x or y journalist is reliable because it's ALL bullshit until after the fact.

Chill folks, you'll feel better. We've had an alright pre-season and the players look like they're much more up for it than the end of last season. If Ole and the coaching staff have been serious about making us a lot fitter and the players have taken it on board (and it seems from the performances that they have) then we're gonna be more like the team we were when Ole first started than the team we finished the season as which can only be a good thing.

I don't like the Glazers, I think Ed is fecking useless and I constantly wonder why we don't sign this player or that player but I realise I have absolutely no control over any of it so why bother worrying about it?
At the moment that's the big hope for the new season- that the players are fitter and will run more. Ole's first ten games were great to watch and if we can maintain that form it will be a decent season. Have serious doubts about the quality and mentality of some of the players though and its frustrating to see some of them still around. How far into the season will we get the first Phil Jones mistake or injury (it was August last year)? Martial sulking/not running? Pogba looking anonymous for large parts of the game? Rojo making a red card challenge? I can see why people feel a bit fed up.

Fox outside the box

People can't calm down because they have seen a pattern with these management and owners. You just have the gut feeling that we will have another underwhelming year. This has been the case in the last 5 years. Unless something significant changes, then most people will continue to be hysterical and have doubts about where we are headed as a club. It's very normal.
It isn't 'normal', it's spiked, childish and entitled. Yes we have structural failings, yes some transfers haven't worked out, yes some managers haven't worked out but you're completely ignoring the fact that we've attempted to rectify the situation.

We've signed young, promising players like Dalot, Martial, Shaw, Lindelof. We've signed established players such as Matic, Lukaku, Mata. We've signed players that are arguably world class, such as Pogba and Di Maria. We've had windows where we've brought in a lot of players, similar to Madrid now. We've tried hiring managers with successful CVs including one of the most successful managers in the game.

It hasn't all worked out but we've hardly been watching Barnsley for the last few years. It's a humbling experience but don't use hindsight to pretend that we haven't even bothered because we clearly have.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Can't believe Taylor Swift invented the phrase calm down.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
I remember when such a similar thread was made just before the window opened. It was meant to be some sort of a joke. I remember saying then people wouldn't be laughing the closer we got to the season.

United and last minute signings are the name of the game under this regime. I have every confidence that it will be same again this year.

I'm not even bothered by it though.

TommiHelm

I had a dream once where Taylor told me I need to calm down. I told her to make me, and well, to quote her again "the rest is history".

Seriously though, I'm calm as and egg about 4th place, I've no doubt we could get that already with what we got. I just don't like that level of ambition, but even with another 3 top class signings I don't see how we're gonna end up with a triple digit points total, so for now I'm content with 4th being our goal for this season. I really don't like it though.

::sonny::

Only 3 weeks to sign 3 players, and sell someone

Not enough time, I don’t see any transfer soon

So I can say that is the worst and miserable United transfer session of all time

Bissaka and James ffs

Castia

We’ll sign one more at best and my gut tells me we won’t even do that.

We need a central defender and midfielder desperately and then there’s still the right wing and striker to sort out.

I fell for the bullshit again, I was generally thinking this summer we be the one when we start to sort things out. Get rid of the deadwood and bring in 4-5 decent players but it’s just a massive farce.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I am quite proud to say I don't know who Taylor Swift is. Is he a speedy clothes repairer?