To the posters saying Mourinho is done

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Are you serious?

We're not even 10 games into the season, and there are posts flying about already about how he's not the right man.

Blaming Mourinho after the 3rd and 4th goal when it has nothing to do with him anymore. Smalling might as well be a lamp post, we just lost Baily (again, not to do with the manager) and I'm finding countless posts about how finished our manager is.

Yeah, he shouldn't have started Fellaini IMO but that is the sole qualm I can have about the way we set out today. The laps in concentration in the first 30 seconds is all on our players shoulders, and they're the ones needing to talk a strong look at themselves. Its like the patience of some fans is getting worse and worse each year. Christ.

Last edited:

coolredwine

lameredboots
Well, tbh, he hasn't shown any glimpse of the World beating Jose till now. 10 games in, and he still doesn't know his best 11.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Do you remember last season with chelsea? The guy looks like he cant even motivate his players anymore. And considering we got him because he's the instant success type of manager is even more worrisome

Eddy_JukeZ

I think people had this opinion before this game or this season.

Honestly, he's not been the same since Real Madrid.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Klopp and Conte are doing far better under either the same or worse circumstances. If I read another post claiming how much worse Jose has here after spending 90M on one player, I'm going to have to tell you to feck off.

AndyJ1985

I'm of the opinion that many of our players are done. Our squad stinks of mediocrity.

DevilRed

Dont think anyone is saying he is done..

In fact most are saying get behind him and let him rebuild the team. Because it does need rebuilding.

This run of matches reminds me of the start that Moyes had. Alot of tough matches (away games) and not many easy teams at home.

Moonred

Tbf changing the manager every year won't help either. Just keep at it. Maybe in a few years with some of the younger once gaining experience will make us much better.

InfiniteBoredom

I think his instincts are betraying him. We played really well with Mata in the team and it took only one unlucky match for him to get dropped and we proceed to perform abysmally next two league games.

Still have faith in him, but the old dog must learn some new tricks.

Raw

Well, tbh, he hasn't shown any glimpse of the World beating Jose till now. 10 games in, and he still doesn't know his best 11.
And Conte comes in and turns 10th placed Chelsea into possibly top 4 despite just coming back from the Euros.

Just can't shake the feeling that this is still 15/16 Jose.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He has his two primary choice wingers both unfit/struggling with injury and a left back coming back from injury. I think we can all guess 10 out of his 11 fully fit side, but he hasn't had the opportunity to showcase it week after week. Its 8 league games in.

Do you remember last season with chelsea? The guy looks like he cant even motivate his players anymore. And considering we got him because he's the instant success type of manager is even more worrisome
Yeah, I do. I remember Porto Inter and Real too. It buys him more than 8 fecking league games of time before I decide whether he's done or not.

Last season did exist
And its not this season.

Man-United

This forum say JM is done, Zlatan is done, Pogba is the worst signing. Patient was better during SAF's time here.

bleedred

Klopp and Conte are doing far better under either the same or worse circumstances. If I read another post claiming how much worse Jose has here after spending 90M on one player, I'm going to have to tell you to feck off.
And many in here were saying similar about Pep as well, You have conveniently left him out because they are in a tough run now..

Also, didnt conte also go through a bad patch like last month or so....

Bojan11

And Conte comes in and turns 10th placed Chelsea into possibly top 4 despite just coming back from the Euros.

Just can't shake the feeling that this is still 15/16 Jose.
Conte was under criticism a few games ago after Arsenal.

Now it's time for us to respond.

Jerch

Well he will need to do something quickly if he want to be our manager for as long as said he wants to be in the last interview.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
It's generally best to stay off all internet platforms after United lose, you don't see much rational conversation.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
It's the fecking players.

NYAS

I don't know if he's done but he's been absolute shite here so far for many reasons. Let's not kid ourselves.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
If anyone can sort this mess, it's Jose but he needs to stop playing, Lingard, smalling, blind (At LB) and Ibra (this is the biggest issue).

coolredwine

lameredboots
He has his two primary choice wingers both unfit/struggling with injury and a left back coming back from injury. I think we can all guess 10 out of his 11 fully fit side, but he hasn't had the opportunity to showcase it week after week. Its 8 league games in.
The midfield looks disjointed. There is absolutely no balance, the team has absolutely no idea what to do with the ball.

Daley Blind is an able LB. Lingard is a decent winger. Jose chooses to start Fellaini when there is an able DM in the team.

AXVnee7

Dont think anyone is saying he is done..

In fact most are saying get behind him and let him rebuild the team. Because it does need rebuilding.

This run of matches reminds me of the start that Moyes had. Alot of tough matches (away games) and not many easy teams at home.
Definitely people saying that in the match day.

I don't know where I stand personally but truth is Utd fans will have less patience then ever before. People defending will simply recycle the same rhetorics from the Moyes and LVG era and they only last so long.

There is no way fans will be as patient with Jose as they were with LVG.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
And many in here were saying similar about Pep as well, You have conveniently left him out because they are in a tough run now..

Also, didnt conte also go through a bad patch like last month or so....
I see Chelsea above us in the table with City at the top. I don't mind a thrashing on an off day but we've looked helpless in 2/3 big games so far this season while parking the bus in the other one to escape with a draw. Its not like we are beating the teams we are supposed to beat either.

Man-United

If anyone can sort this mess, it's Jose but he needs to stop playing, Lingard, smalling, blind (At LB) and Ibra (this is the biggest issue).
Ibrahimovic is not even near to being the biggest issue. He should play as he's one of a few class players in this team when in form.

MDFC Manager

It's not just today though? Our defensive shape has looked pathetic all season long. An opposing team was obviously going to destroy is, it was only a question of when.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
And its not this season.
But it was LAST season. That, alongside this abysmal start, does seem to indicate that Mourinho is no longer the man he once was.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I think people had this opinion before this game or this season.

Honestly, he's not been the same since Real Madrid.
Yeah, it's an interesting one because he's still had success since then...but Real was the first time where he went to a club, and in his time there lost more league titles than he won. It's hard to be too harsh on him because he was up against one of the greatest teams of all-time, and he remains the only person to have denied Guardiola a league title, but it was the first signs of some cracks.

He did well to get Chelsea back to winning the title in 14/15, but even then there were still some problems and that Chelsea side was nowhere near as solid and consistent as the 04-07 team.

I was hoping last season was a blip (still am), and that this would serve as the job where Mourinho would revitalise himself and make a massive statement, and I still think that's possible, but a pessimist could argue he's had his best days as a manager and that he's struggling to keep up with the changing nature of the game. I hope that's not the case...but he really needs to improve us.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Should have got Klopp when he was available, and no I'm not being a WUM. I've said this since the day Fergie retired.

Giggs86

People also thought SAF was done around 04-05, and he went on to build one of the best teams in the history of the game three years later. I am not writing Mourinho off just yet. He has earned the benefit of the doubt.

Footyislife

Well we aren't winning the title so in a way we are done with this season. He's probably got a tough task even making the top 4. If he misses that mark maybe he gets fired. You never know in the EPL obviously, but it isn't looking good at the moment.

Crashoutcassius

I don't think anyone credible is saying he is done

Just worth taking stock at this point that anyone who thought we would be a) good this year or b) good to watch, was very wrong

There are no more shortcuts, we need to give him time to build a team they way he wants. It probably means Martial, shaw, rashford and a heap of other players we like out the door for older players and stronger players ala ibra and fellaini but that is how mourinho has won so much, to ask him to do it our way instead of his is going to lead to a lot more days like this (regardless of whether his madrid team once scored 100 goals)

kps88

Klopp and Conte are doing far better under either the same or worse circumstances.
Chelsea are like 5 points ahead of us. In October. A month ago, Chelsea fans were talking about how shit Conte was. City fans are doing the same now with Pep despite being top of the league. When Klopp first came in there was a stat going around about how he was doing worse than Rodgers.

I know it's hard but we really need to relax. We haven't even played ten league games yet.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Was crap last season with Chelsea and his crap again.

Transfer window has not been well managed.

Playing Lingard, Rashford, Smalling week in week out his a shame for United.

He s wrong with his lines up and the way he faces games like Watford, City and now Chelsea.

Really need to act strongly now but Im afraid he passed his peak and is not the right man

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
How well did they do under Klopp in their first season?

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I agree with the OP. If Mourinho cant do it, i give up supporting because hes arguably the best manager in the world right now.

We look absolutely wrecked. We have had three games in 6/7 days. Its taken its toll. To add to the woe, we gift them a goal after thirty seconds, which is basically the plan out the window. I would be critical of him only in team selection and formation, but i will back him for the next game.