Today's Training Pics

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
Think i remember reading he was left behind to help him recover not sure though
i asked Ben Hibbs what the story with Valencia is and he said he is training at Carrington.

Fergie said he started football training "yesterday" - which i would guess is Friday and that he would be back in full training "tomorrow" which would be Sunday then. Not sure when the press conference was.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Its hard to pick three but I left the session extremely impressed with Obertan.

Very good pace, technical ability, work rate, and an eye for goal. He looks like a star in the making IMO.

Another video where Obertan nearly scores....
Well it was clear ever since his debut that he had loads of promise and potential. With a settled 433 formation with 2 wingers, he should get more game time this season which will be great for his development.

MacMUFC

Its hard to pick three but I left the session extremely impressed with Obertan. Very good pace, technical ability, work rate, and an eye for goal. He looks like a star in the making IMO. I got a similar vibe from Diouf and Welbeck as well. Those three and Rafael seemed to be working harder than anyone else.

Ah, I see, thanks.

I've said it before and i'll say it again; Obertan has this grace and elegance on the ball that comes naturally and cannot be taught. Its the type of gift that only the very best players have. Players of a similar 'elegance' that come to mind are Zidane, Gourcuff, Ozil, Kaka etc...

He's one for the future, thats for sure and maybe his best position really is in an attacking midfielder role. Wasnt it Bryan Robson that said that?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
BTW, i got the distinct impression that with Gill there, it's not very likely that we'll be signing anyone else this summer.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Healthy, focused, and good work rate in training. He and Scholsey were out kicking the ball around before anyone else, with Scholes occasionally playing keeper.
Good to hear that some of the young lads really work hard and wanna make the break through. Especially Rafael, who is a fantastic talent.

Scholes is just the model pro, after all these years, still one of the first to be there. Amazing

I really have high hopes for Obertan. I am sure he and the coaches are working hard on his weaknesses and we will hopefully see in the coming season

Suedesi

Raoul, how would you describe Fergie's role during the training? Was really involved or watching from a distance type of thing? Any signs of the hairdryer ;)

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Raoul, how would you describe Fergie's role during the training? Was really involved or watching from a distance type of thing? Any signs of the hairdryer ;)
Completely relaxed and detached from the actual training. Even Phelan wasn't very hands on. The other trainers were running the show for the most part.

MDFC Manager

Yeah, Scholsey and Rafael were out about 15 minutes before everyone else showed up, during which Gill spent a few minutes chatting with Scholes.
How could you know its Rafael and not Fabio? Serious question.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Amazing stuff moatie, videos looked quality and the pics were superb. Nani seemed to have a thing for you though.. I'd be abit worried.

Red Norse

Surely not impressed by Diouf :eek:...isnt it the general consensus on here that after a few games that he is Manucho Mark II? :rolleyes:
Tbh, I never understood why Utd bought Diouf, but then again I never watched all his Molde games either. He's no Ole that's for sure.

IMO he needs a lot of playing time to get used to to England, but I can''t see him getting it consistently in a Premiership club. He's a fairly inconsistent finisher from what I've seen.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
Its hard to pick three but I left the session extremely impressed with Obertan. Very good pace, technical ability, work rate, and an eye for goal. He looks like a star in the making IMO. I got a similar vibe from Diouf and Welbeck as well. Those three and Rafael seemed to be working harder than anyone else.

is that Bebra making a run :eek: