Film Tom Cruise

Is there any limit to what he can do?

NASA and SpaceX have agreed to fly him to the Space Station for his next big movie project.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Whatever you can say about his personality and apparent personality beliefs, but he’s a master of his craft when it comes to film entertainment. You can’t but be impressed with his ingenuity and commitment to the stunts he performs.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
The last time he did a really insane stunt like this was that plane bit in the Mummy - it was an impressive stunt that took many hours in a falling plane to film. The movie was one of the worst I have ever seen though. It felt like a vehicle just to have this stunt he wanted to do. I hope this isn't more of the same.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
The last time he did a really insane stunt like this was that plane bit in the Mummy - it was an impressive stunt that took many hours in a falling plane to film. The movie was one of the worst I have ever seen though. It felt like a vehicle just to have this stunt he wanted to do. I hope this isn't more of the same.
What about the halo jump in the last Mission Impossible? You know, the one the FX team royally messed up by making it look like it was CG.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
What about the halo jump in the last Mission Impossible? You know, the one the FX team royally messed up by making it look like it was CG.
A lot of his movies recently have been built around an insane stunt that Cruise just wanted to do - I'm all for insane stunts but the movie needs to be good too.

Hoof the ball

The man broke his damn leg doing the rooftop jump in Fallout, and still trooped on. Wouldn't be surprised at all of this big project was the next Mission Impossible and he was trying to find a way to outdo his helicopter stunt. He won't be happy until he's transversing quantum foam on a rappel.

Zen

Is there any limit to what he can do?
Win an oscar?

Although, unlike say Leo, I don't think he overly cares. He's got some great knocks without being baity at all, and shown terrific range at times. Not sure Leo can claim that, he's just baited his way to it - though Gilbert Grape top performance that should have won it for him straight away.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I think he's the actor who's filmography I've seen the most of. Love a ton of them too.

gormless

To get your work to fund a trip to the fecking International Space Station is a flex I am sure every single one of us here is envious of. I’ll probably watch whatever movie it is just out of sheer respect for pulling that off!

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Win an oscar?

Although, unlike say Leo, I don't think he overly cares. He's got some great knocks without being baity at all, and shown terrific range at times. Not sure Leo can claim that, he's just baited his way to it - though Gilbert Grape top performance that should have won it for him straight away.
You think Tom Cruise has more range as an actor than Leo?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Would be my top 5 (in no particular order)

Last Samurai
Minority Report
Valkyrie
Born on the 4th of July
Collateral

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Would be my top 5 (in no particular order)

Last Samurai
Minority Report
Valkyrie
Born on the 4th of July
Collateral
I'd go :

Last Samurai
Minority Report
MI:5
Rain Man
Collateral... Or Edge of Tomorrow.

You think Tom Cruise has more range as an actor than Leo?
I think he has it in him, he just opts not to use it and to make the big films that he does make instead.

He's put in some incredible performances though - particularly across the first half of his career.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
To get your work to fund a trip to the fecking International Space Station is a flex I am sure every single one of us here is envious of. I’ll probably watch whatever movie it is just out of sheer respect for pulling that off!
Oh yeah dont get me wrong - I'm impressed.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
I think he has it in him, he just opts not to use it and to make the big films that he does make instead.

He's put in some incredible performances though - particularly across the first half of his career.
He has - I would say Magnolia was his best performance... and that was over 20 years ago. I mean I actually kind of like him and feel a lot of his films are highly watchable, but he's been playing the same character in the same film for about 15 years now. The fact he hasn't taken on anything challenging in a long time does kind of say something about his talent as an actor, I believe. And I think Leo gets a lot of unwarranted flak, when his body of work is pretty damn impressive.

But then again, as I said I actually like Tom Cruise, and in the niche he's put himself into, he's certainly the best there is.

Old Ma Crow

My favourite random films he’s been in:

Interview with the vampire
Jerry Maguire
Born on the 4th July
Collateral
Mission Impossible - can’t pick between them

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I've somehow only managed to see Tom Cruise act once, in Jack Reacher. Can't even remember what I thought of it.

I'll never be able to not just instinctively think of Scientology when I see his name or face pop up.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I've somehow only managed to see Tom Cruise act once, in Jack Reacher. Can't even remember what I thought of it.

I'll never be able to not just instinctively think of Scientology when I see his name or face pop up.
You're missing out on some very fun films and have managed to watch one of his worst!

Go and watch Top Gun or The Firm now.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Thought he was brilliant in this too. Absolute meltdown and something people from match thread could learn.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

You’ve never see A Few Good Men?

Rooney in Paris

Scout

You're missing out on some very fun films and have managed to watch one of his worst!

Go and watch Top Gun or The Firm now.
Don't listen to this man GDaly, it's a trap