Toni Kroos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
It was a comment on Shinjisan's remark about football being simple.
I'll make sure to mark irony explicitly next time,with a smiley maybe.
I got that. Just didn't understand why you linked to that specific comment and not to the article itself

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
I like Kroos good player and still young. I think he will be fine personally Can and Gustavo are the ones I think of. Balu what has happened to Badstuber is he still injured? I thought he was better Boateng when fit?

I think Pep will love Muller such an intelligent player he would improve any team in the world.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I like Kroos good player and still young. I think he will be fine personally Can and Gustavo are the ones I think of. Balu what has happened to Badstuber is he still injured? I thought he was better Boateng when fit?

I think Pep will love Muller such an intelligent player he would improve any team in the world.
Yes, tore his cruciate ligaments again in May. He has to wait now for 4 month until he again can undergo surgery, then at least another 6 month until he's back in training, so he's most likely out for the complete season.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
Yes, tore his cruciate ligaments again in May. He has to wait now for 4 month until he again can undergo surgery, then at least another 6 month until he's back in training, so he's most likely out for the complete season.

Wow. But normally he would be a starter correct ?

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Most likely, yes. I think Badstuber and Boateng will be a brilliant centerback pairing in a few years, they complement each other very well.

Brightonian

He said in his first press conference that he doesn't intend to play a Barca style as he has a different style of players at Bayern and I'd agree with that. Don't see Bayern playing an all out tiki taka style, might be some similarities but I reckon same as last season.
I thought that made sense too, but the evidence so far doesn't support those claims. And to be fair, he also said back then that he wouldn't be signing any Barcelona players.

You're probably right about the tiki taka, but even changing the formation so radically seems pointless to me.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Even more reason to keep Gustavo who will be the back up centre half, Martinez will also get games there. Are you keeping van Buyten?

thepolice123

Novi a newbie poster says:

'
So Bayern can play with a world class "double 6" with Schweinsteiger and Gustavo, backed by a worldclass Martinez, that is insane. Image you need to score against a team like that:

-Lahm--Martinez--Boateng--Alaba
---Gustavo-----Schweinsteiger----
Robben---Gotze/Thiago/Muller---Ribery
-----------Mandzukic-------------

(I have chosen Mandzukic here, since he is a better pressing player then Muller).

Or Try defend against a team like that:

---Lahm---Boateng---Alaba---
-----------Martinez---------
-Schweinsteiger-------Kroos
------------Götze------------
Robben----------------Ribery
-----------Müller

I'm sorry but am I the only one who has failed to see what is the big deal with these two teams? :lol:

The first team isn't really much of an upgrade compared to last season's Bayern. In fact I'd go as far to say that defensively it looks even weaker. I don't understand why Martinez is put in CB ahead of their best CB Dante while Gustavo who got replaced by Martinez in midfield returns to the first XI.

The second team is an interesting prospect. But it is easier said than done. Kroos and Gotze in midfield will be hard for any team to contain but that will depend on whether can Gotze sing the same Pep Guaridola song. Both of them are very similar players, I can foresee a clash of influence with possibly Kroos reduced to just a ball retainer in midfield together with Schweinsteiger. I'm also not convinced with Muller playing the front man too. Robben is also another guy who doesn't fit Pep Guardiola's ethos. He will probably play the hardworking and unselfish Muller (Pedro) there.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Even more reason to keep Gustavo who will be the back up centre half, Martinez will also get games there. Are you keeping van Buyten?
Yes, van Buyten signed a one year contract extension and we bought Kirchhoff, another 22year old german centerback.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
The second team is an interesting prospect. But it is easier said than done. Kroos and Gotze in midfield will be hard for any team to contain but that will depend on whether can Gotze sing the same Pep Guaridola song. Both of them are very similar players, I can foresee a clash of influence with possibly Kroos reduced to just a ball retainer in midfield together with Schweinsteiger. I'm also not convinced with Muller playing the front man too. Robben is also another guy who doesn't fit Pep Guardiola's ethos. He will probably play the hardworking and unselfish Muller (Pedro) there.
The second formation is bullshit. You won't ever see a 3 men defensive line with Lahm and Alaba in it, neither in possession nor against the ball, that makes absolutely no sense at all. A 3 men defense would be Dante - Martinez - Boateng and Lahm, Alaba would play wide midfielders/wingbacks. If we go by the pre-season games so far with the players in that formation, it would look something like:

----------- Müller
Ribery - Kroos - Götze - Robben
------Schweinsteiger
Alaba Martinez Boateng Lahm

It's the usual 4141 with Martinez at centerback and Schweinsteiger as the holding midfielder and basically what everyone is expecting right now.

thepolice123

The second formation is bullshit. You won't ever see a 3 men defensive line with Lahm and Alaba in it, neither in possession nor against the ball, that makes absolutely no sense at all. A 3 men defense would be Dante - Martinez - Boateng and Lahm, Alaba would play wide midfielders/wingbacks. If we go by the pre-season games so far with the players in that formation, it would look something like:

----------- Müller
------Schweinsteiger

It's the usual 4141 with Martinez at centerback and Schweinsteiger as the holding midfielder and basically what everyone is expecting right now.

If he replaces Alaba with Badstuber. Then we'll get something like Lahm - Boateng - Badstuber. Even so it will be asking too much of Lahm to play in central position.

Can the midfield triangle of Kroos - Gotze - Schweinsteiger work? If Pep is trying to recreate what he had at Barca, then I don't think he has the right set of players. Not convinced with Schweinsteiger playing in the holding role even though he is a better player than Busquets. Kroos and Gotze are brilliant players, and I know Kroos has shown himself to be more than capable of playing midfield, but they are really the final third players compared to proper CMs. If there is a feckup on Kroos and Gotze's part, that will leave Schweinsteiger lost at sea with acres of space to defend.

Revan

Assumptionman

----------- Müller
------Schweinsteiger

Thiago hasn't been signed to get benched, and I can't see Robben being a starter. Probably Thiago in place of Gotze and Gotze in place of Robben (Gotze and Muller can change positions)..

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Can the midfield triangle of Kroos - Gotze - Schweinsteiger work? If Pep is trying to recreate what he had at Barca, then I don't think he has the right set of players. Not convinced with Schweinsteiger playing in the holding role even though he is a better player than Busquets. Kroos and Gotze are brilliant players, and I know Kroos has shown himself to be more than capable of playing midfield, but they are really the final third players compared to proper CMs. If there is a feckup on Kroos and Gotze's part, that will leave Schweinsteiger lost at sea with acres of space to defend.
Schweinsteiger plays the holding midfield role in the nationalteam since 2010. Even though it looks different, Khedira's defensive contribution is very questionable, it is certainly not better than Kroos' when he's played as a central midfielder. Löw even played a 4141 before with Schweinsteiger as the holding midfielder and Kroos, Götze behind the striker with Müller on the right. It didn't look that bad, Germany won the game 3-2 against Brazil. If the team defends as a unit with great pressing, it might actually work. All those crazy attacking formations can work if the team has cohesion and determination to work really hard. The midfield will have to do a lot of running, so we might really need the squad depth.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Thiago hasn't been signed to get benched, and I can't see Robben being a starter. Probably Thiago in place of Gotze and Gotze in place of Robben (Gotze and Muller can change positions)..
I really don't care who starts yet, replace Kroos with Thiago, or play Thiago and Kroos together. Götze and Schweinsteiger haven't fully recovered from their injuries anyway, so we might start the season with Kroos, Thiago and Martinez in midfield. There will be a lot of rotation anyway.

I disagree about Robben. So far Pep has praised him, his attitude, his workrate in training and his abilities in general. He has as good a chance to start as anyone in the team.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
So far, Pep praised almost any player he was asked about. Wait 10+ games into the season, then we will see who is ahead of whom.
The amount of options he has is exciting, he can field a team full of attacking power as well as one that can outmuscle any opponents midfield and counterattack.

Blackwidow

I really don't care who starts yet, replace Kroos with Thiago, or play Thiago and Kroos together. Götze and Schweinsteiger haven't fully recovered from their injuries anyway, so we might start the season with Kroos, Thiago and Martinez in midfield. There will be a lot of rotation anyway.

I disagree about Robben. So far Pep has praised him, his attitude, his workrate in training and his abilities in general. He has as good a chance to start as anyone in the team.
Until now Robben has never seen much of the first part of the season at Bayern because of injuries. When is the next meeting of the national teams? Could be that it just matches somehow - Götze getting fit and Robben getting his usual injury...

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

I've seen Guardiola's comments about Robben and I'm a bit surprised - he never seemed like the sort of player Pep would appreciate to me. I find it difficult to believe that he'll be a regular too - not with Götze, Muller and Ribery, all superior player, still at the club.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Löw never tried to copy Bayern's or Dortmund's style. He already played a 4141 a few times (with Schweinsteiger as the holding midfielder, Kroos and Götze behind the striker, Podolski and Müller out wide and Klose upfront) and used Götze as a false 9 in recent games, so most likely Pep's work at Bayern will help the national team.
Good. I hope Germany will go further in the next WC (and beat Spain ;)) . It's about time.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Starts tonight for Bayern with Thiago, Schweinsteger, Muller, Robben and Ribery. It's going to be interesting.

Personally I think he's going to shine this season.

Jaap

Him and Boateng have probably taken their football up another level since Guardiola took over.

Wonderful development.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Most of us thought he'd be the one to suffer from Pep's arrival no ?

Some did, some didn't, koroux.

Not to be a pedantic bollocks or anything, but I remember having a debate with Suedesi on the topic a good few months back:

I thought his loss for Bayern would be a bigger factor than it ultimately was last night. I really rate this lad and think he doesn't get the recognition he deserves in a team which contains Ribery, Robben, Lahm, Martinez, Muller, Alaba etc. I believe he makes Bayern tick and, although not as prolific in terms of goals as Muller from a midfield role, I think he has more of an effect on the way his team plays. In that sense, I'd compare him to Iniesta, but obviously a bit away from the Spaniard's level at the moment.

I can see Guardiola moulding his attacking game around Kroos next season alá how he did with Iniesta at Barcelona. I think we'll see a markedly improved player in Kroos in the following seasons under Guardiola's stewardship. All in all, a pretty exciting time to be a Bayern supporter I think. They have the ingredients to dominate the German and European game for the next half decade.
As for Guardiola moulding Bayen's attacking game around Kroos next season alá how he did with Iniesta at Barcelona you're just talking bollocks.
... care to elaborate why you think this is bollocks? We all know Guardiola likes his midfield to dominate possession and his attacking midfielders to be the key men in his system. Iniesta was excellent in that role at Barcelona, and still is. I also stated that Kroos has a long way to go to be at the Spaniard's level, which is undoubtedly true. Kroos' main strength is his excellent passing in the final third, which is far superior to others in his position. Guardiola would be a fool to not utilise this to his advantage, and I think he'll even go one better, and mould his attacking game around Kroos' instinctive talents.

Let's just wait and see though before we claim others are "talking bollocks".
I think he's well on his way to proving how essential he is to both Bayern and Guardiola, not to mention his prominence in the national team.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
He's the perfect player for Guardiola. Never understood why anyone said he won't find a place in the team. He's incredibly smart, his decision making is outstanding and he finds the right pass under pressure most of the time with 1 or 2 touches.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Most of us thought he'd be the one to suffer from Pep's arrival no ?

I was about to write this. I remember seeing a lot of people saying that with the arrival of Gotze, that Pep would sacrifice Kroos as one of the players to play in an attacking group of Robben, Ribery, Muller and Gotze behind the main striker. But he has played in every match so far and looks to stay there. Wonderful range of passing, as well as great ball retention. Damn the Germans have it so good :(

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
There were a lot of theories who wouldn't fit in. The obvious choices were Tymoshchuk, Gomez and Gustavo and all 3 left. Quite a lot also said Robben won't stay because he can't be part of a hard working team, but so far Robben fits in very well. He's still the first player I'd drop when Götze is fit though.

paceme

Golly Gilmore
“What’s the matter, lager boy, scared you might ta
There were a lot of theories who wouldn't fit in. The obvious choices were Tymoshchuk, Gomez and Gustavo and all 3 left. Quite a lot also said Robben won't stay because he can't be part of a hard working team, but so far Robben fits in very well. He's still the first player I'd drop when Götze is fit though.
Says a lot when you can drop robben.

Tosser.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Balu, what's the situation between Kroos and Thiago once Thiago comes back from injury? Do you reckon he will struggle to break in, or will Kroos be rotated with him much more often? I'm guessing he will be playing AM like Kroos and Gotze are?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Thiago should have begged us to sign him.

Why? Pep allowed him to play 3 out of 4 possible halves before his injury. Schweinsteiger isn't the youngest anymore and has had some injury trouble lately. Add to that Pep's willingness to rotate and Thiagos young age and I don't see why he would regret his move. Especially since im not sure if he would be a regular starter at United either.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Balu, what's the situation between Kroos and Thiago once Thiago comes back from injury? Do you reckon he will struggle to break in, or will Kroos be rotated with him much more often? I'm guessing he will be playing AM like Kroos and Gotze are?
Guardiola recently said, that Lahm will play rightback again when either Martinez or Thiago are fit enough to start. Might be a hint that Guardiola really wants to play Thiago as the holding midfielder. I also think that Schweinsteiger could be the one in danger of being left out if everyone's fit. He looks out of place more than anyone else in our new system and certainly hasn't found his role in the team yet. There's also the question where Götze will play, one of the two AMs or out wide or as a false 9.

It's really tough to predict, Guardiola changes so much between the games and during games, everything seems possible and most likely Kroos, Thiago, Schweinsteiger and Martinez will play comparable minutes.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Why? Pep allowed him to play 3 out of 4 possible halves before his injury. Schweinsteiger isn't the youngest anymore and has had some injury trouble lately. Add to that Pep's willingness to rotate and Thiagos young age and I don't see why he would regret his move. Especially since im not sure if he would be a regular starter at United either.
It was a joke man, not every post has to be replied with details, seriousness and everything.

Comsmit

I think he is currently Bayern's best midfield player. Utter class. Lovely finish against Leverkusen last weekend. Learning from a brilliant coach like Pep will help to fulfill his massive potential.

Brightonian

Out of interest, because I haven't been watching Bayern much this season, who is suffering the fall-out from Thiago's arrival? Kroos is apparently flying, and I'm presuming Schweinsteiger can't have been dropped at all. I suppose Martinez is back at CB? And Gustavo was the major loser from the whole thing. Anyone else, or is everyone else being fitted in somehow?

Status
Not open for further replies.