Top 4 race / race abandoned (or maybe not) / Leicester & Chelsea in the process of bottling it

gajender

It's not assured, it's just 4 points between us and 4th placed Chelsea. If West Ham win their game in hand then it will be 3 points between 2nd and 4th, 4 points between 2nd and 5th.

Our form is not very good too.
Our form hasn't been great but we have still earned 12 points from our last 6 games and Leicester , West ham have only gained a point on us during that period while Chelsea has been better by 2 points.
So it's far from disaster we should be alright.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Our form hasn't been great but we have still earned 12 points from our last 6 games and Leicester , West ham have only gained a point on us during that period while Chelsea has been better by 2 points.
So it's far from disaster we should be alright.
Last 6 games we earned 10 points (4 draws and 2 wins). West Ham earned 13 points (4 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss), Chelsea gained 14 points, Spurs 12, Leicester 11 points.

gajender

Last 6 games we earned 10 points (4 draws and 2 wins). West Ham earned 13 points (4 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss), Chelsea gained 14 points, Spurs 12, Leicester 11 points.
Thanks for correcting I got the data from transfer mkt may be I mixed up the weeks.
I still believe we will finish second though ,but big game against the hammers now how far we have fallen to be honest that games against West ham gains significance just for top 4.

Godfather

Just for the love of God please win against the Hammers. The strange love in for that shithouse club with a shithouse manager would be unbearable if we lost.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I predict the current top 4 will be the finishing top 4. I'd hope we can cling on to 2nd, anything less would be a major disappointment, but falling out of the top 4 completely would be catastrophic. I don't think Ole would survive that, nor should he.

Liverpool are surely well out of the equation now. 3 teams above them have a game in hand and Villa below them have 2. Liverpool could be 9th and 8 points off 4th if both Villa and West Ham win their games in hand.

Lee565

As long as we beat west ham then I think we will get top 4 as I still expect Mourinho to take his attention away from the league and more onto the europa league the further spurs get into it just like he did with us in his first season.

Ludens the Red

I remember when Man United fans used to gloat about winning the league and being the best. Now some of you have turned into Arsenal fans, all giddy about the prospect of finishing above 5th.
I think you’ve got three groups of United fans in regards to this.

Realists - These are the ones who aren’t giddy over being top 4 but understand the club has fallen behind and it’s not going to be fixed over night. So they accept it but they expect more at some point in the near future. It’s the bare minimum.

Happy go luckies - these are the one you speak about. They genuinely think finishing top 4 is an achievement. These are the same people who want us to rest players in all the cups. They want us to rest players in Europe in order to qualify for Europe next season. They’ve fully embraced Arsenalism.

The lowering of standard-ders -
Probably the worse of the lot. The least genuine. These are the ones who claim top 4 is an achievement and success purely to overstate the job Ole has done at the club. Probably the same ones who lambasted Mourinho for coming 2nd.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Wow, Liverpool is 7 points from top4. And that 4th is Chelsea who look very solid. 10 games to go. Can't believe that season for Liverpool went to shit this much. I mean, great to see but hard to believe.

Edit: just like my predictions from OP. :lol:

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
There's a good chance Spurs or Arsenal win the Europa league now. If Liverpool fluke the CL again then 4th might not get a spot.

cyberman

Starting to look as if Chelsea doesnt have the firepower to get top 4.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Considering our last fixtures, Atletico Away, Utd, Liverpool Away, Everton, Leeds away, can't complain too much.

Need win all in the run we've got till the City game in May.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I remember when Man United fans used to gloat about winning the league and being the best. Now some of you have turned into Arsenal fans, all giddy about the prospect of finishing above 5th.
You left such a huge space under your post I thought there must be some white text there.

City are a long way clear, 2-4th are up for grabs between about 8 clubs.

We have a bit of a gap, but lose to West Ham and we'd be in the thick of the free for all.

There's no point with all the "we're Man Utd we should be ..... blah blah blah", that doesn't achieve anything.

As a Chelsea fan I'd wonder how you can spend £200m or so and have such a lack of goal threat.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Being happy just to be in the top for turns you into Arsenal. Having high expectations most certainly helps in the long run.
I don't think anyone is using the word "just", but in reality 2nd, 3rd or 4th aren't any odds. You haven't won the league, and you still qualify for Europe.
We'd prefer 2nd as a sign of progress, but 4th won't be any sort of disaster.

Neither position change the work needed in the summer, and it'll be very interesting if we bother trying to improve or not. As last season we didn't. Instead we booted 40m on Van Beek which seems absolutely baffling when he's barely been near it even with Pogba out.

Judas

Open to offers
Being happy just to be in the top for turns you into Arsenal. Having high expectations most certainly helps in the long run.
Yep. The amount of people on here who have totally lost the winners mentality is staggering. Happy to be knocked out of cup competitions so we can focus on the top 4 trophy, give me bloody strength.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I don't think anyone is using the word "just", but in reality 2nd, 3rd or 4th aren't any odds. You haven't won the league, and you still qualify for Europe.
We'd prefer 2nd as a sign of progress, but 4th won't be any sort of disaster.

Neither position change the work needed in the summer, and it'll be very interesting if we bother trying to improve or not. As last season we didn't. Instead we booted 40m on Van Beek which seems absolutely baffling when he's barely been near it even with Pogba out.
That's absolutely fine and perfectly reasonable. Finishing above 5th is no cause for gloating from Man United fans though, I think you will agree.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
United are comfy in second, we can already be thinking about bridging the gap for a proper title challenge next season.

Worrying times for the likes of Chelsea and Pool.

I think Leicester and Spurs will finish third and fourth.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That's absolutely fine and perfectly reasonable. Finishing above 5th is no cause for gloating from Man United fans though, I think you will agree.
I'm not personally one for gloating at the best of times to be honest.
Revelling in Liverpool's demise by all means, but not gloating about United.

After all, we just watch. It's nothing we're doing!

Cathy Ferguson

United are comfy in second, we can already be thinking about bridging the gap for a proper title challenge next season.

Comfy? If we beat West Ham, yes, a loss, no.

Doubt that we can challange with Glazers and Woodward.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Comfy? If we beat West Ham, yes, a loss, no.

Doubt that we can challange with Glazers and Woodward.
Look at our run in. It’s done and dusted for United who have been comfortably the best of the rest.

The club is improving from top to bottom and we just need to be patient.

cyberman

Yep, even if we finish on a ropey run, 3 teams below us wont be consistent enough to see us out.
Chelsea and Liverpool out is the dream, it could set them back 2 to 3 years

always_hoping

Look at our run in. It’s done and dusted for United who have been comfortably the best of the rest.

The club is improving from top to bottom and we just need to be patient.
Back to back top 4 finishes will prove that but a lot of football to be played yet in order to achieve that and this group of players rarely do comfy.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Itll be same top 4 as last season i suspect. Perhaps pool for Leicester.

How can we suddenly be on dodgy ground when we're 3pts off 2nd as it stands. Our next 4 games are wba, palace, brighton, west ham. Man city only top 4 side left. Arsenal too

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Itll be same top 4 as last season i suspect. Perhaps pool for Leicester.

How can we suddenly be on dodgy ground when we're 3pts off 2nd as it stands. Our next 4 games are wba, palace, brighton, west ham. Man city only top 4 side left. Arsenal too
You think Liverpool will make up 10 points on Leicester?

Silverman

Great result that for us. If we can beat West Ham tomorrow, I think we have it sown up.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Great result that for us. If we can beat West Ham tomorrow, I think we have it sown up.
Yeah agree with this. Given how inconsistent those below us are, we'd have to go on an absolutely stinking run of form not to make it.

Coops73

Yeah, I agree, it’ll be quite significant in terms of top 4 but Leicester are bound to beat Sheffield United especially as they seem in turmoil management wise and then we go to the Kingpower next Sunday. Massive few days.

Drizzle

Yeah, I agree, it’ll be quite significant in terms of top 4 but Leicester are bound to beat Sheffield United especially as they seem in turmoil management wise and then we go to the Kingpower next Sunday. Massive few days.
Next Sunday is the FA Cup...

cyberman

I think we are assured of top 4 so this seems like an excellent weekend for Spurs if we beat WH and they beat Arsenal.

Wilt

Yeah agree with this. Given how inconsistent those below us are, we'd have to go on an absolutely stinking run of form not to make it.
Utd are 1/12 to finish top 4. Bookies seem to think Utd are certainties.