Top 50 best teenagers in the world by Football Talent Scout

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Saka is a winger, not a left back. Even filling in as a left back, his position is closer to a traditional winger.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
That's because the real quality aren't playing at that level anymore a la our Mason :drool:
All young players play in the youth cups, even ones that are with the first team go out of their way to play in it if they qualify, especially in the later stages.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Not all... As per some of United's.
I don't know if Greenwood's young enough to qualify but If he is and you make the semis or especially the final I will guarentee he will do whatever it takes to play.

It's the holy grail at that level for young English players, even over the Uefa youth League.

TheReligion

Abusive
I don't know if Greenwood's young enough to qualify but If he is and you make the semis or especially the final I will guarentee he will do whatever it takes to play.

It's the holy grail at that level for young English players, even over the Uefa youth League.
He's just turned 18

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Rivalry aside you do have a good batch coming through. Who do you see making it?
Gallagher on loan at Swansea (Charlton earlier on the season) is a dead cert for me, he's actually having a better Championship season than Mount did.

There's a midfielder called Lewis Bate who one fan on a Chelsea forum (who has a good record with judgment on young players) rates higher than Gilmour.

Maatsen and Anjorin are 50/50, talent wise they're up there with the best youngsters in the country but they don't have the consistency and drift out of games too much, especially the latter.

Guehi (the guy that played against you in the Carling Cup in November) has a chance but I think Ampadu and Tomori will be prioritized and ultimately block his path.

The intreging one for me is our goalkeeper called Jamie Cumming, he had to stay on this year due to our transfer ban but he has the ability to make a similar impact on loan that Henderson has over the last few years so if/when he does get a temporary move I'll be watching with interest.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Sad to see no Germans in the top 20 and hardly any in the list at all. Though that is indicative of the current youth standards, can't really think of any top class 17-19 year olds currently in the Bundesliga. Obviously Havertz, Geiger and Meier are 21 and therefore just outside that range so it is not as if there aren't any top class youngsters in the league but in terms of coming through in the next few seasons its difficult to find any. Don't think the German u17 team has been great recently as well.

That being said, obviously not every top player in the next 10 years will come through this list so there is always a chance of Germany getting having top players come through eventually. Kimmich and Sule are two examples of players who weren't rated as some of the best teenagers when they were coming through but they eventually became great players.

Also it is important to see that despite not making any waves in the u17 and u19 level since 2009, they have made the last two Euro u21 finals, which does show that they get good development from the late teens to early 20's. More so than other major European countries.

Last edited:

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Nnamdi Collins is also a very promising talent for Dortmund.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
2 other French players (in top 20), with PSG: Adil Aouchiche, Tanguy Kouassi (both 17) are due to leave PSG this summer without renewing their contracts!
That's the problem with PSG, too much emphasis on foreign imports when they have an actually really good academy for their youth talents. Both of them would hurt leaving, but especially Kouassi because I actually think Tuschel has managed him very well to introduce him to the first team and with Thiago Silva possibly moving on, he would continue his growth at PSG and develop well. I know RB Leipzig is ready to pounce, and I'm sure he'd develop well there too but I'd like to see him stay. I don't think Aouchiche is going to see much playing time even next season so I can't blame him for leaving.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
@hasanejaz88 Moukoko would have definitely made the list if he was a year older so there's that.
Nnamdi Collins is also a very promising talent for Dortmund.
I didn't know of Collins before now, Moukoko I had heard of before as a talent coming through the Dortmund ranks.

I was going to use an argument of black kids generally being much stronger, and faster, physically than their peers in the youth divisions, and that can sometimes cloud their lack of overall ability, which then gets found out in the senior teams, but Moukoko is already playing with the U19s and is scoring at an insane rate. So he does seem to have more than just physical strength because he wouldn't have such an advantage against U19 kids, given he is only 15.

Brightonian

I didn't know of Collins before now, Moukoko I had heard of before as a talent coming through the Dortmund ranks.

I was going to use an argument of black kids generally being much stronger, and faster, physically than their peers in the youth divisions, and that can sometimes cloud their lack of overall ability, which then gets found out in the senior teams, but Moukoko is already playing with the U19s and is scoring at an insane rate. So he does seem to have more than just physical strength because he wouldn't have such an advantage against U19 kids, given he is only 15.
From what I've seen of him, Moukoko isn't really a player who relies that much on strength anyway. His explosive pace, yes definitely, and also his absurdly good balance (the kid turns on a dime), first touch, reaction times and cold-blooded finishing.

I was going to use an argument of black kids generally being much stronger, and faster, physically than their peers in the youth divisions
FYI this sort of thing has been repeatedly scientifically debunked. It persists because of cultural confirmation bias built on historical race science.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
As far as I can see the list, which is basically spanning the entire globe, comparing senior and youth players, was created by a single person. How accurate or relevant can it be?

In Rainbows

Couldn't find a general thread on youth players across Europe so I'll just post here.

I've been keeping track of De La Vibora, a left back for Real Madrid, for about 1+ years. He caught my eye while I was watching the progress of Takuhiro Nakai (Pipi). Looks to be a class prospect as a fullback.

Couldn't find a general thread on youth players across Europe so I'll just post here.

I've been keeping track of De La Vibora, a left back for Real Madrid, for about 1+ years. He caught my eye while I was watching the progress of Takuhiro Nakai (Pipi). Looks to be a class prospect as a fullback.

Great hair, great name. Insanely attacking judging from that video, also looks rapid as feck. Can see him being very fun to watch once he hits first team football, there's just something great about youtube compilations of marauding exotic fullbacks. Great fullbacks are few and far between these days, who knows if he has it.