Top scorers in the league

SinNombre

But if you read comments on here in the past week, the front 3 sucked and they all needed to be sold and replaced.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Are we? That's quite funny.

But if you read comments on here in the past week, the front 3 sucked and they all needed to be sold and replaced.
to be fair - I would assume those comments were before tonight, and before tonight where were we in the league in terms of goals scored? (I don’t know the answer, but assume not top?).

Sweet Square

Do any of us watch United ?

There's really a massive disconnect between how the team performs on the pitch and how the team is discussed on here.

It's weird.

Withnail

to be fair - I would assume those comments were before tonight, and before tonight where were we in the league in terms of goals scored? (I don’t know the answer, but assume not top?).
Joint second with Liverpool and one ahead of Leicester, although there may have been games in hand.

Still you'd think we were mid-table the way some were carrying on.

Joint second with Liverpool and one ahead of Leicester, although there may have been games in hand.

Still you'd think we were mid-table the way some were carrying on.
it’s not something I look at. So near the top of the league! Agreed, the swing in mood is far too frantic on here. It’s a problem that each and every game is scrutinised forensically.

Withnail

it’s not something I look at. So near the top of the league! Agreed, the swing in mood is far too frantic on here. It’s a problem that each and every game is scrutinised forensically.
The pendulum swings once more!

You're right about the mood.

Honestly we're not shit and we're not brilliant but we are improving if you view things over the medium to long term.

arnie_ni

Our front 3 are not performing anywhere near the level the did last year.

Many of us have said if they (martial rash greenwood) hit post first lockdown form we will be very well placed to win the league.

We've been carrying martial and greenwood virtually all season goalscoring wise.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Do any of us watch United ?

There's really a massive disconnect between how the team performs on the pitch and how the team is discussed on here.

It's weird.
Passion for a team coupled with years of disappointment creates unbelievably jaded supporters. It's why the majority of people on here are always cautious and expecting a let down during a good run of form, while after a bad run everyone is calling for the entire club to be liquidated.

This effect has only been exacerbated by the echo chamber that the internet and in particular Football Twitter has become.

It's sad really, as I think the vast majority of our supporters don't appreciate the team's performances, nor individual players, properly aside from a new signing that immediately hits the ground running (Bruno) or an academy player. Instead we'll have people complaining about Pogba being inconsistent after he drops a 9/10 performance or lamenting why Martial or Rashford missed a certain chance even if both put away goals in a winning effort. People also seem to have this idea that good/great teams just constantly play the opposition off the park for the full 90 minutes, when even the best teams scrape wins against lower sides on the back of okay performances or a period within a game where they blow the other side away with 3 goals in 20 minutes.

Sweet Square

Passion for a team coupled with years of disappointment creates unbelievably jaded supporters. It's why the majority of people on here are always cautious and expecting a let down during a good run of form, while after a bad run everyone is calling for the entire club to be liquidated.

This effect has only been exacerbated by the echo chamber that the internet and in particular Football Twitter has become.

It's sad really, as I think the vast majority of our supporters don't appreciate the team's performances, nor individual players, properly aside from a new signing that immediately hits the ground running (Bruno) or an academy player. Instead we'll have people complaining about Pogba being inconsistent after he drops a 9/10 performance or lamenting why Martial or Rashford missed a certain chance even if both put away goals in a winning effort. People also seem to have this idea that good/great teams just constantly play the opposition off the park for the full 90 minutes, when even the best teams scrape wins against lower sides on the back of okay performances or a period within a game where they blow the other side away with 3 goals in 20 minutes.
Agree with this.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
And without much of a right wing! Huge improvement compared to any of the previous years post Sir Alex. Good to see.

shahzy

Its obvious we need to stop conceeding. The scoring seems to be ok. Either we can go the Klopp way and go all out attack like he did and hope he scores more than he conceeds until buying a VVD calibre defender or we can go the mourinho way and go into our shells and have more bodies defending which will negatively impact on our goals. After 2-3 years of the later, i hope we decide to go the former route. Dont want to see mourinho ball played again here for a while

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
The thing is, the attacking players of Utd, City and Liverpool have all been quite poor this season. Salah has scored plenty of goals but from what Liverpool fans have been saying he's been fairly poor, similar to how Rashford has good stats despite not playing well.

I'm not sure if it's directly related to the short preseason and strange season, whether it's just a coincidence that it's happened all at once, or something else.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Really misleading thread. Most comments on our goal scoring draught were made prior to tonight's game and we achieved an imperious scoreline tonight largely against 10/9 men. Great performance but let's put things in context.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Why not? There are plenty of snide, moaning threads the rest of the time.
When we win a game is your first thought 'how can I have a snide dig at other elements of our fanbase I disagree with? It just baffles me that there's a certain type of poster that seems to enjoy using a victory to attack others on the board, rather than enjoying it for itself- eg I bet the Ole out brigade hated that!- any Martial critics -he scored two!- anyone questioning our defence -clean sheet!- etc.. It's just rather tiresome.
You're right thought, I probably should just let these self-righteous types wallow in their own juices, but it doesn't do the forum any favours when we have stacks of these threads.

Siorac

When we win a game is your first thought 'how can I have a snide dig at other elements of our fanbase I disagree with? It just baffles me that there's a certain type of poster that seems to enjoy using a victory to attack others on the board, rather than enjoying it for itself- eg I bet the Ole out brigade hated that!- any Martial critics -he scored two!- anyone questioning our defence -clean sheet!- etc.. It's just rather tiresome.
You're right thought, I probably should just let these self-righteous types wallow in their own juices, but it doesn't do the forum any favours when we have stacks of these threads.
It's the worst thing about the forum by some distance, the constant petty points scoring.

Judas

Open to offers
We've won 9-0, so let's start a snide, moaning thread like a joyless cnut rather than enjoying it.
Utterly joyless tiring morons. Imagine still wanting to cause friction and be snide after a result like last night. Embarrassing "fans" when your first instinct is to behave like this.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Utterly joyless tiring morons. Imagine still wanting to cause friction and be snide after a result like last night. Embarrassing "fans" when your first instinct is to behave like this.
It does make you wonder where their priorities lie, doesn't it?

Win - the Ole In camp are out in force.

Lose - The Ole Out camp are out in force.

I think that's how I became an Ole Inbetweener. Subconsciously my brain refused to be associated with either camp 'cos the cringe was too much, like a defence mechanism or something.