Torino Winter Olympics 2006

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
They should ban all Swedish and Finnish players from the final and give them all gold medals. fecking final.

very Ruud

Spam, Spam, Spam....
Richter said:
They should ban all Swedish and Finnish players from the final and give them all gold medals. fecking final.
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :nervous:

I wont survive a defet.

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
When was the last time you met in the final ? And what was the result ?

very Ruud

Spam, Spam, Spam....
ruuds left boot said:
Thanks young cnut.

not sure who I want to win the final - I like both nations - I imagine it'll be close and very difficult to call, but I think I'll predict a Suomi victory.

Cheers mate. :devil:

Olli

Speak up VR.

My friends are already SMS'ing me with mocking messages now that Finland didn't crash out at this stage. It will make my mocking phonecalls all the more sweeter after the Swedes win in the last minute.

very Ruud

Spam, Spam, Spam....
Giggsy PO said:
When was the last time you met in the final ? And what was the result ?
It was the WC when it was 2 finals, 1st game 0-0, 2nd we lost 1-0 i think.

It was maybe 98? I cant remember

very Ruud

Spam, Spam, Spam....
Olli said:
Speak up VR.

My friends are already SMS'ing me with mocking messages now that Finland didn't crash out at this stage. It will make my mocking phonecalls all the more sweeter after the Swedes win in the last minute.
I reckon you´re a little cnut.

Gimme your number and I´ll send you another SMS. ;)

Giggsy PO

very Ruud said:

Ahhh, I remember that. It was fecking boring.

very Ruud

Spam, Spam, Spam....
Giggsy PO said:
Ahhh, I remember that. It was fecking boring.
Yes boring as feck. :boring:

The time before that was 95 when we won the WC 4-1 in stockholm.

Ville Peltonen scored 3.

Giggsy PO

very Ruud said:
Yes boring as feck. :boring:

The time before that was 95 when we won the WC 4-1 in stockholm.

Ville Peltonen scored 3.

But there was one funny situation when I think your goalie headed out the puck...

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
very Ruud said:

98 yes:D Johan Tornberg scored.

AhmedDimwitson

The Expert
Speaking of the final, there is a remarkable difference in how both teams got there. Finland won everything that was put infront of them, not fearing who they would meet, thus beating both Canada and Russia on the way. Sweden stand out mainly because they made it to the final, not by winning, but by losing the right games.

Regardless of who wins on Sunday, this Finnish team is legendary. And if Sweden wins, one can not say anything else but, "well done cheating bastards". They might get a medal but hardly any respect.

Oldham

AhmedDimwitson said:
Speaking of the final, there is a remarkable difference in how both teams got there. Finland won everything that was put infront of them, not fearing who they would meet, thus beating both Canada and Russia on the way. Sweden stand out mainly because they made it to the final, not by winning, but by losing the right games.

Regardless of who wins on Sunday, this Finnish team is legendary. And if Sweden wins, one can not say anything else but, "well done cheating bastards". They might get a medal but hardly any respect.
I have a swedes girlfriend, when I told her that you made it to the final, she said great, and was happy for you.

Is this hate towards Sweden just because it´s icehockey and Sweden perhapes is your biggest rival? Or is it something else? Maybe an inferiority complex?

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
AhmedDimwitson said:

And how was it cheating by deciding to rest a match and get weaker opponents?:lol: The finns and some swedes are the only ones that moan about it. If Bengt Åke had kept his mouth quiet and we had lost against Slovakia people would have wanted him to be burned alive and no one would have been complaining about a so called "läggmatch". If it's something to blame it's how the group stages are set up, Sweden took advantage of a flaw in the system, a tactical decision happens in all sports it's about winning the important battles, we used to win every group stage match and then get knocked out in the qf/semi. This time we have managed to make it to the final in the easiest possible way and I prefer that over being knocked out in the qf 100 out of 100 times.

/Lahtis

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
AhmedDimwitson said:
Fairly worrying that Sweden decided to lose yesterday, shows that they are serious and have a new attitude. A few years back they would have done anything to win and then be tired and lose the quarter. Notice that the swedish press aren't happy about it, but that's just stupid. If you can take it easy in the quarters not only will be fresh for the semi. Good choice by Bengt-Ake IMO.
Remember this post?:p

/Lahtis

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
I'm surprised that Nittymäki has been so solid, yes he has good defence in front of him but I have seen him in about 10 matches in NHL and he's been quite average.

/Lahtis

AhmedDimwitson

The Expert
Richter said:
Remember this post?:p

/Lahtis
:) That was then. I would obviously not condone such antics if it was my Finland, that has crushed everything in its way. But this was a good move from you, seeing as you so poor. It got you to the final :)

AhmedDimwitson

The Expert
Oldham said:
I have a swedes girlfriend, when I told her that you made it to the final, she said great, and was happy for you.

Is this hate towards Sweden just because it´s icehockey and Sweden perhapes is your biggest rival? Or is it something else? Maybe an inferiority complex?
Just hockey. Inferiority complex?