Torres to Chelsea

RonaldoVII

According to The Times, via twitter.

Seems they are trying to show their force again with Aguero and now Torres. No surprise that Liverpool reject it.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The story was broke by Ian Prior again.... says it all

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Liverpool have confirmed the bid and confirmed they told Chelsea where to go

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
What are the chances that City make a bid?

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Ian Prior didn't even get the biggest transfer story of the last 24 hours then. :lol::lol::lol:

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Sky reporting it now mind you
Yeah, banner on SSN says Liverpool have rejected the bid.

They must know they had no chance of getting him for that money. The new owners would be killed.

I guess it keeps the Chelsea fans quiet just thinking a bid was made though.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
I find the timing for the bid to be a little odd.

Surely we don't expect Liverpool to sell their best player in the middle of the season, especially since their new owners are keen to show their intent on strengthening the club.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
One of these days, Chelsea will put in a bid and the other team will accept it. Then they'll be fecked.
Chelsea: ONE MIRRION DORRA
Other team: Yeah alright
Chelsea: Awwwwwwwwwww Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

B Cantona

Desperate
Yeah, banner on SSN says Liverpool have rejected the bid.

They must know they had no chance of getting him for that money. The new owners would be killed.

I guess it keeps the Chelsea fans quiet just thinking a bid was made though.
That or Abramovich is serious and this is the opening salvo. Liverpool would flat reject whatever number Chelsea threw at them as an opening bid after all. If he notches it up ten or fifteen million it'll mix things up a bit because that's a hell of a lot of money that could be reinvested in more than one area, for a player who aint what he was and if injury is the cause, may never be again

Alex

35 million, Liverpool would never accept that, especially from Chelsea

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Anyone think they might be putting some speculative bids out there to show they aren't washed up?

Sylar

I don't know if you've noticed but we haven't won many games of late.
You've won the last three :p

Ok Drogba is 32 and all, but a strike force of him (form of last season) and Torres (form of his first two liverpool seasons) would be deadly.

Problem is Chelsea would really have to play 442 for that to work. Having either drogba or torres on the side would be insane.

Team Brian GB

Baby Cameron loves X-Factor
Supports
Chelsea
You've won the last three :p

Ok Drogba is 32 and all, but a strike force of him (form of last season) and Torres (form of his first two liverpool seasons) would be deadly.

Problem is Chelsea would really have to play 442 for that to work. Having either drogba or torres on the side would be insane.
Though as you say Drogba is 32, if we got someone in of the ilk of Torres it would be the medium term plan to replace him.

442 doesn't really fit well with our midfield. Saying that I'd like to try out Ivanovic at full back and Bosingwa on the right flank if we went down the route. The alternative to that would be to employ Cole and Bosingwa as wing backs and play Mikel further back to compensate, which I suppose would be a 352 hybrid formation.

Canuckred64

Anyone think they might be putting some speculative bids out there to show they aren't washed up?
Not so much that they are washed up because I don't believe they are, but the bids for Torres, Aguero and maybe even Luiz do seem to be speculative. Perhaps they are just trying appease their fans who are worried that Abramovich's interest or wealth is waning.

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
Its Ramires and Lampard that are fecking Chelsea off for me, Ramires hasn't made an impact but is still getting game time, while fat Frank hasn't been at his best since the injury.

Drogba hasn't been getting much assistence and playing Anelka too much out in the right is just killing of his strong points which is his eye on goal.

Devil may care

Didn't Chelsea deny the Aguero bid?

Anyway Liverpool have confirmed this one and the papers are all saying it was just an opening bid from Chelsea.

Lance Uppercut

He has a £50 million release clause in his contract according to Sky.

Stretch

I suspect we might see more bids coming from Chelsea. Though Anelka must not be too happy with these developments. Surely that will cost him his place.