Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

DutchSerb

Supports
    FC Groningen
    I'm going into this thinking they're going to redeem themselves and there's going to be loads of space in the Spurs defense, but those expectations usually backfire. Let's just hope they get a result and finally win an away game against a team that's on the left side of the table. Hopefully Sancho will start up top so Rashford can play on the left and Garnacho can blow past their tired legs in the second half. Really need to see some passion from Bruno and Casemiro as well tomorrow.

croadyman

I'm going into this thinking they're going to redeem themselves and there's going to be loads of space in the Spurs defense, but those expectations usually backfire. Let's just hope they get a result and finally win an away game against a team that's on the left side of the table. Hopefully Sancho will start up top so Rashford can play on the left and Garnacho can blow past their tired legs in the second half. Really need to see some passion from Bruno and Casemiro as well tomorrow.
    Like someone said earlier there has been so much shite going on this week we will do very well to keep fully focused on the game

DutchSerb

Supports
    FC Groningen
    Like someone said earlier there has been so much shite going on this week we will do very well to keep fully focused on the game
    The Maguire blown deal and Antony. Am I missing more? Haven't been following everything these past few days. But you would expect that professionals who earn 200k+ a week can focus on a match for 90 minutes. If they can't even do that we're well and truly fecked.

Tibs

There is going to be a full on melt down on here tomorrow evening if we don't win 3-0

croadyman

The Maguire blown deal and Antony. Am I missing more? Haven't been following everything these past few days. But you would expect that professionals who earn 200k+ a week can focus on a match for 90 minutes. If they can't even do that we're well and truly fecked.
    Dreadful showing v Wolves

Diabolical handling of Greenwood situation

Inability to sell Donny and get Amrabat

Glazers look to be staying

Oh and Pavard likely going to Inter

DutchSerb

Supports
    FC Groningen
    Dreadful showing v Wolves

Diabolical handling of Greenwood situation

Inability to sell Donny and get Amrabat

Glazers look to be staying

Oh and Pavard likely going to Inter
    They SHOULD be fired up after that Wolves game. Same with ETH. I'm hoping we'll see some effort at least. I doubt most of the team will have sleepless nights over the rest of these things, just us.. This Amrabat saga should have never taken this long.

croadyman

They SHOULD be fired up after that Wolves game. Same with ETH. I'm hoping we'll see some effort at least. I doubt most of the team will have sleepless nights over the rest of these things, just us.. This Amrabat saga should have never taken this long.
    Think we needed to be more flexible about the Donny & Sociedad stuff,maybe then they don't sign this Russian guy instead

DutchSerb

Supports
    FC Groningen
    Think we needed to be more flexible about the Donny & Sociedad stuff,maybe then they don't sign this Russian guy instead
    Yeah. And Maguire. And Scott. And Henderson. Feck sake. Our entire ability to get some talented and much needed younger players in ruined because of being greedy for a couple extra M's. Pisses me off so much.

croadyman

Yeah. And Maguire. And Scott. And Henderson. Feck sake. Our entire ability to get some talented and much needed younger players in ruined because of being greedy for a couple extra M's. Pisses me off so much.
    Henderson slightly different due to Heaton injury scuppered hopes of a deal,however I think we made monumental error not taking the joint offer for Maguire & McTominay. Yes I know it wasn't as much as the club hoped but was our only chance of getting some decent money late in window.

Getting it back on topic I have no idea how tomorrow will go after being so awful on Monday. What I do know is that Mount & Bruno can't just leave Casemiro on his own

DutchSerb

Supports
    FC Groningen
    Henderson slightly different due to Heaton injury scuppered hopes of a deal,however I think we made monumental error not taking the joint offer for Maguire & McTominay. Yes I know it wasn't as much as the club hoped but was our only chance of getting some decent money late in window.

Getting it back on topic I have no idea how tomorrow will go after being so awful on Monday. What I do know is that Mount & Bruno can't just leave Casemiro on his own
    I agree, ETH needs to let Bruno drop a little. We've had a couple of good games last season when Bruno was next to Casemiro. Last game they were all so high up the pitch there was no way to properly supply them from midfield. There were no real passing options in the build up and everyone was too static in general. Spurs will be all over us this way as well, especially with Madisson. They looked highly energetic against Brentford. But ETH usually adapted well last season, so I don't see why he wouldn't change up the tactics a little tomorrow. I have good faith in the team.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
    Nailed on loss and it won’t be pretty squad is woefully behind and the off the pitch issues haven’t helped.

This is going to be very very ugly.

croadyman

I agree, ETH needs to let Bruno drop a little. We've had a couple of good games last season when Bruno was next to Casemiro. Last game they were all so high up the pitch there was no way to properly supply them from midfield. There were no real passing options in the build up and everyone was too static in general. Spurs will be all over us this way as well, especially with Madisson. They looked highly energetic against Brentford. But ETH usually adapted well last season, so I don't see why he wouldn't change up the tactics a little tomorrow. I have good faith in the team.
    Yeah didn't Bruno look really good in a deeper role against Everton last season,then again just realised both Casemiro & Eriksen were unavailable due to suspension and injury respectively

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
    Supports
    4-4-2 classic
    Can we just win this convincingly so moaners in the forum can shut the feck up. This place is so depressing.

Superunknown

We need a good win after such a shit week. Would love it if we just let out our frustrations and smashed them.

MUFC OK

Antony is not fast. Would be a waste playing him in a counter attacking system and Sancho false 9 is an experiment we shouldn't even entertain, but probably will.

Mark my words, if Sancho starts centrally we WILL NOT win.

Steve 007

Yes, it's based on one game. That one game was against relegation candidates Wolves at Old Trafford and we looked shit. Now we're going away against a much more stronger opponent in Spurs.

I'm not saying its impossible to work with that midfield but as of now we look really fragile.
    Thought so. ETH made some interesting comments about Mount and Erickson, makes a lot of sense.

When it was suggested Mount may require time, Ten Hag replied: "Ah but Christian Eriksen last season came in and had the same. First time in his life he played in a deeper role, that was the ambition for Christian but also the ambition for Mason.

"So he wants to be multi-functional. That’s the way I see football. But as I say, it will not come overnight, it is a process we have to go through. But I am sure he has game intelligence, technical abilities, also good vision on the ball, he knows how to deal with the ball, he has the dynamics, don’t forget that, he has the mentality, so all the ingredients are there to do it.”

"He can [adapt], already we have seen it in pre-season. What I said definitely, we have to work on many facts of our game, but also midfield, cooperation, how we set it. I am sure we will get it.

"But it’s not coming overnight. If it was easier, everyone could do it."

I think we need to be realistic in our expectations but we need to expect to win. The midfield will gel, lets hope it’s tomorrow.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
    That's what should be done if we have any respect for ourselves as a club, but I highly doubt it.
    Personally, I think it would be worse for me as a player to train, travel, get dressed and never ever get on the pitch ... unless it's only like for 5 mins. Play a total of 60mins a season.

sglowrider

Should be Kane's debut for United. If he didn't went to Munich :angel:
    This again? If we got Kane, our budget would have been blown for the rest of the window. 100m is only the transfer fee. You are forgetting his wage. I think Hojlund is like 20-25% of what Kane is on.

sglowrider

better change my right wing option after allegations. Wonder if Erik will play Pellistri?
    Pelli just doesn't track back enough to be trusted to start by ETH.

Ok if he runs against tiring defenders in the last 20mins of the match. But to start?

Garnacho had the same issue last season. But has somewhat improved since. I think they are both exciting to watch but are still a bit of a one-trick pony.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
    I saw three major problems in the game against Wolves

1. Build-up wasn't working at all. We were unable to bring the ball up for minutes and minutes on. Onana is not yet comfortable with our defense, defense was unable to find anybody upfront and we kept passing the ball near our own goal, eventually losing it half of the time. It was really sad. Much more drilling and training needed if we are going to get good at this
    2. Garnacho had absolutely dreadful performance, to be honest
    3. Rashy was far from his clinical form from the mid-season last season times
    4. Most of the squad looked like they were lacking sufficient match-fitness

Sometimes Ten Hag can be a tactical genius able to fix or cover issues like this, but I think the game against Spurs will be very, very tough and most fans are probably a bit too optimistic about our odds. Ten Hag has done miracles in the past, but realistically (and statistically) we are more likely to bottle this game. I hope that won't happen.

Strelok

Nailed on loss and it won’t be pretty squad is woefully behind and the off the pitch issues haven’t helped.

This is going to be very very ugly.
    Imo it can go both ways depending on which United decide to show up. It's been a week since last match and the physical conditions of our players must be better. Then ETH would have learned from last match. I'm actually quite positive.

Rustyspider13

A Kane-less Spurs shouldn't be a daunting task at all but I'm quite nervous about this match after our last outing. First home game in front of the new manager, I expect Spurs to come out flying. And if we lack intensity like we did against Wolves, there is a chance we get blitzed. On the other hand, we might be able to play through them and demolish them on the counter. I don't think this will be a 1 goal affair. Going 1-3 United.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
    Excited for this one boys and girls, think we’re gonna see a bit more end to end football, hopefully the team and away fans are fired up. 4-2 United :devil:

RedChisel

I fear we are going to be played off the park. 3-0 Spurs. Get ready for a week of United in crisis headlines and other nonsense.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 282 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win
  • Draw