Transfer Chat

Morpheus 7

Not transfer tweet but Howson being saying on his transfer review that Pogba 80% to go to Barca. He says that people from inside the club have told him, he rarely says transfer stuff and looks worried? Could be utter crap and probably is but he rarely says things about transfer stuff from inside the club. It would tie in with these strange stories of him going back to Juve and offered to City earlier in the year. I doubt a deal like this could happen so late on in the window without the . Anyway just saying, oh and don't shoot the messenger. Not that I believe it but wouldn't 100% rule it out.

GM K

Not transfer tweet but Howson being saying on his transfer review that Pogba 80% to go to Barca. He says that people from inside the club have told him, he rarely says transfer stuff and looks worried? Could be utter crap and probably is but he rarely says things about transfer stuff from inside the club. It would tie in with these strange stories of him going back to Juve and offered to City earlier in the year. I doubt a deal like this could happen so late on in the window without the . Anyway just saying, oh and don't shoot the messenger. Not that I believe it but wouldn't 100% rule it out.
People keep saying Pogba can't leave now. Why not? If he wants out and the price is right and there is good replacement, it doesn't look like Jose will fight to keep him.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
People keep saying Pogba can't leave now. Why not? If he wants out and the price is right and there is good replacement, it doesn't look like Jose will fight to keep him.
There is no good replacement, plus we wouldn't sell our best player when we ourselves have ambitions in the league and CL.

gajender

I would 100% rule it out Barca simply can't afford Pogba things may change next season no chance we let Pogba leave this season.

Laurentiu amt

If Barca moved quickly before the World Cup it would've been realistic. But it's a bit late now, doesn't give us a lot of time to find a proper replacement. Let's also consider that the replacement will take 1-2 years to settle in and so on.

From whatever angle you're looking at it, we'd be severely stupid to let him go now.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Pogba wont leave and if he does there would be massive uproar even with a replacement because no one at Pogbas age is as good as him now.

gajender

Jose haven't earned enough credit to decide future of our Marquee signing if we don't want to sell Pogba he would stay Mourinho is a non factor in all this.

GBBQ

There is no good replacement, plus we wouldn't sell our best player when we ourselves have ambitions in the league and CL.
Its unlikely of course but not impossible. Mourinho has said no player will be kept against their will (assuming the buying club offer a fair price of course). I don't doubt Pogba's class but I do wonder if Mourinho can get the most out of it.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Why don't people at the club tell him who we will sign? Pogba is not leaving.

Minimalist

He would cost a fortune after the World Cup he just had. Neymar money.

I doubt a club is going to offer that. Seems his contract is up in 2021, he'd be 28 then. Think it's more likely he'd just run down his contract now if he wanted to leave (eventually).

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
I'd sell Pogba to PSG.

Swap deal for Neymar, Mbappe Marquinhos and Veratti.

Sounds fair right?

Or to Barcelona for Coutinho, Rakitic, Suarez, Messi and Dembele

SER19

This is the guy people are in uproar over not being made captain. Pogba is a fantastic player and has the talent to be one of the best in the world. He is also very inconsistent and not irreplacable. He’s had two seasons here now and show flashes of what he is capable of. A good World Cup has seemed to exponentially increase his stock. Everybody seems to be ignoring in the first half of the final he had a dreadful game. And was ordinary in group games. If he doesn’t want to be at united , sell him fast and get the best alternative.

Craig Ward

If Barca moved quickly before the World Cup it would've been realistic. But it's a bit late now, doesn't give us a lot of time to find a proper replacement. Let's also consider that the replacement will take 1-2 years to settle in and so on.

From whatever angle you're looking at it, we'd be severely stupid to let him go now.
Pogba is going into his third season with us and hasn't hit anywhere near his potential and clearly there is some unrest between him and Jose.

Its not beyond the realms of possibility that he goes.

I personally wouldn't be that worried if he went. He'd fetch a huge fee, would allow us to sign 1-2 quality additions in midfield to replace him and perhaps the type of player we need isn't some "superstar" type like Pogba but a true professional who grafts and can perform for the team.

Verratti, Pjanic, kovacic, thiago are top level attainable names. Pogba is not irreplaceable

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Howson has good sources in the youth set up but not sure if he's reliable when it comes to the first team and transfers.

Frank Grimes

This is the guy people are in uproar over not being made captain. Pogba is a fantastic player and has the talent to be one of the best in the world. He is also very inconsistent and not irreplacable. He’s had two seasons here now and show flashes of what he is capable of. A good World Cup has seemed to exponentially increase his stock. Everybody seems to be ignoring in the first half of the final he had a dreadful game. And was ordinary in group games. If he doesn’t want to be at united , sell him fast and get the best alternative.
Agree completely.

peridigm

August 5th is dooms day. 3 weeks from WC final, give or take a couple of days. If Pogba is not back at Carrington or linked up with the team by start of that week, there will be a meltdown of epic proportions on the Caf.

Drz

Given Raiola is his agent, I'm guessing it is a manoeuvre to engineer a better contract. I remember it being mentioned that Sanchez is on a higher salary than Pogba. Maybe it is an attempt to rectify that.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Strangely quiet on incoming rumours.

acnumber9

Why 80%? Why not 79% or 81%? What would have to happen for it move up to 85% likely?

Kearnkoff69

If Pogba were to leave, I would expect an enormous fee for him. Out of the available replacements, Veratti is the only one I'd really take happily. Thiago is class but I worry about his injury record, Kovacic has yet to convince me, and Pjanic is good but wouldn't replace the sparkle that we'd lose if Pogba left. I'd also expect us to have a replacement already signed up or at the very least lined up with all the paperwork basically done. The last thing we'd want is to be stuck with a huge sum of money and have everyone drive up prices because they know we're stacked (Barca got fleeced by Liverpool and Dortmund for this very reason).

Drz

I am not for Pogba being made captain, but I understand the debate around the topic, seems fair to me. The reason I'm not for him being captain is because I want the captain to be someone who of course has the talent to be a regular in the first team but also sees himself as happily staying at the club assuming we are competitive. So far I believe Pogba will want to move the Barca or Real at some point plus he has Raiola as an agent who will go around every summer putting his player in the shop window to at worst increase his contract, that makes Pogba ineligible for the role in my eyes.
If handing him the captaincy changes all that, then I can get down with the idea. Barring Juve or PSG, I don't see him ever being given the captaincy at Real, Barca or Bayern.

I disagree with your assessment of his world cup performances, as in you are a bit too harsh. Coming up spades versus a rather good and combative Croatian side comprising Modric and Rakitic in a world cup final is not a feat to be scoffed at.
As someone mentioned ahead, there is no one in his age bracket and in his position that brings the variety of qualities he possesses on the ball to the table. His issues are linked to a lack of maturity, but he has made quite a few big finals now, there is no reason not to believe that those experiences won't help him figure himself-out and become the consistent midfield general he has the potential to.

United Pro

Surely there's no chance we're selling Pogba. Also, does Barca even realistically have the money to afford him? I don't see why we'd sell for less than Coutinho's fee, so it'd be £150m+.
Also, there simply isn't really a replacement that we could get that would improve the team. Thiago/Pjanic perhaps with a change in system.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I’m so confused at why this thread is where it is and called what it’s called

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
80% chance? Strange to go so strong on it.
Probably just the sort of sensationalist nonsense you'd expect from his type of blogger.

If we sold him and didn't have a seriously impressive replacement lined up it would be carnage

Davs

All - please give me your opinion on the Thiago Alacantra rumours...

If he was to sign, do you feel he would fit within our midfield now of what I assume is going to be;

Pogba x Matic x Fred

Would we play with 4 in the middle? Would he replace someone?

I'm not getting caught up on the rumours, just given that we have signed Fred, would there realistically be a place for him in the starting XI without Fred becoming just a rotational player?

Cheekiey

All - please give me your opinion on the Thiago Alacantra rumours...

If he was to sign, do you feel he would fit within our midfield now of what I assume is going to be;

Pogba x Matic x Fred

Would we play with 4 in the middle? Would he replace someone?

I'm not getting caught up on the rumours, just given that we have signed Fred, would there realistically be a place for him in the starting XI without Fred becoming just a rotational player?
Probably have him replace Matic eventually

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
And why is it sticky?
Yeah, what's that about?

If he's set on going I'd sell for a record amount or a straight swap with Mbappe. If he's after parity with Sanchez, it would be hard to deny him and Dave too for that matter (pretty horrible precedent we set there).

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
There’s no way United are selling Pogba in this window.

binary bot
If someone offered 170m-ish for Pogba I'd be inclined to accept.

Jojo <3 Mou

If someone offered 170m-ish for Pogba I'd be inclined to accept.
I'd think about it. He'd be hard to replace in 3 weeks. If we have time to find a replacement then I'd be definitely inclined to accept that offer. We could get 2/3 good replacement players with that money.