g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Muppet Draft 2nd Semi Final - Annahnomoss vs crappycraperson

Who will win based on all the players at their peak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Wow, the one day I don't check this, the match starts. Unbelievable teams both!

2 pages of discussions and the lack of love for Scholes is just astounding. I really like crappy's team. With David's alongside Scholes will keep the midfield ticking in his favour. I really see him and his passes having a much more telling impact than Zidanes trickery. With Martinez also there, I really don't see Zidane having one of his best games here. One of Scholes edge of box screamers will settle this game IMO. Seedorf and Vieira without anyone behind them is a bit dicey and Scholes here will tip this crappy way.

Though if crappy wins, RvN needs to be replaced.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I agree with almost all the arguments Crappy has made- and I think that if his team scores 1st, they're guaranteed to score a lot more as Marcelo and Cafu advnace opening up space for dinho and Nedved-and Scholes, Davids, Martinez will be able to keep the ball and slow it down if it becomes essential.

Can't say the same the other way around. And with Ronaldinho, Ruud, Nedved and Scholes supplying the ammunition, there's a decent chance of scoring 1st.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I agree with almost all the arguments Crappy has made- and I think that if his team scores 1st, they're guaranteed to score a lot more as Marcelo and Cafu advnace opening up space for dinho and Nedved-and Scholes, Davids, Martinez will be able to keep the ball and slow it down if it becomes essential.

Can't say the same the other way around. And with Ronaldinho, Ruud, Nedved and Scholes supplying the ammunition, there's a decent chance of scoring 1st.
Good point. Whoever scores first is likely to win the game

crappycraperson

Scout
Goddamit.. why would anyone not open this and vote. Just vote for Annah.. but vote for someone!

crappycraperson

Scout
Seedorf is being incredibly underrated in this forum. he was superb and people seemed to have forgotten this.
I hope that is not directed at me. I have never said he was an average player! I just said that he has been used all wrong here. Playing him as a holding MF makes zero sense. Play him as a proper CM who could make those runs into the box

crappycraperson

Scout
Looks like it will end 13-12 only.. bad I would have rather lost by 4-5 than by one vote :mad:

VivaJanuzaj

:D Crappy great passion.
I didn't mean that it was intended at you, but I don't think he's really being played as an holding CM. Anyway, I was making a general comment. he's been massively underrated throughout the draft.

crappycraperson

Scout
I didn't mean that it was intended at you, but I don't think he's really being played as an holding CM. Anyway, I was making a general comment. he's been massively underrated throughout the draft.
He is though. Annah mentioned it in his tactics and several times that Seedorf won't go forward much and infact be used to defend against Dinho.

Annahnomoss

I agree, not including this match at all where he was played slight out of his best. He still has been massively underrated constantly in every game he has played for no reason at all.

The man has been part of three noticeable teams in this era, the Ajax side of 91-96 where he partnered Davids and formed a team who beat the Milan giants in the CL final - then the Real Madrid side who reached great heights in the 97 season winning the CL final against the legendary Juventus, the best side after Milans decline. A side with Zidane, Davids, Deschamps, Inzaghi, Del Piero etc.

Then of course he went to Milan to be a part of the classic Ancelotti Milan with Gattuso, Pirlo, Costa/Kaka and won two more CL's. He has won more Champions League/European Cup titles than the club of Manchester United.

Probably because most people haven't seen or don't remember his performances in the 90's and early 00's and instead judge him more for his post 06 form.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Seedorf has never been rated much in drafts. I learned that in my very first one, fecker probably cost me winning the final. I can't believe no one picked on crappy saying Annah should drop Seedorf for a holding partner for Vieira. Unless the idea was getting Makelele and a French midfield trio, there's no way I would drop Seedorf there. Vieira was really good but is overrated bycomparison, never a better player than Seedorf, no fecking chance.

Annahnomoss

Seedorf has never been rated much in drafts. I learned that in my very first one, fecker probably cost me winning the final. I can't believe no one picked on crappy saying Annah should drop Seedorf for a holding partner for Vieira. Unless the idea was getting Makelele and a French midfield trio, there's no way I would drop Seedorf there. Vieira was really good but is overrated bycomparison, never a better player than Seedorf, no fecking chance.
I agree, Seedorf being limited to one role as Crappy suggested to be at his best goes against the very definition of Seedorf which is a Utility player. He basically has no position or best role, you can play him in most roles in the midfield and he will do an outstanding role equally well.

For gods sake the man played LM for Real Madrid and Milan, has played all possible CM roles and started his career and has played as a RM plenty of times. For some reason if someone plays him as a LM/RM he would be out of position or out of his role.

The only role people accept from his 20+ years of his career is the Milan one with Gattuso and Pirlo next to him. It is all he has in his locker, all he is remembered for and that Milan team wasn't even the best team Seedorf player for - that would be Ajax.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Well done Annah and hard luck Crappy. I pussied out of voting last night as I couldn't make my mind up. For what its worth if someone stuck a gun to my head, which is probably what it would have took for me to make a decision, I'd probably have went for Annah, but Crappy kept making brilliant counter-points that got me thinking again!

crappycraperson

Scout
Makelele-Vieira-Zidane is a proven combo though. Adding Seedorf in there instead of Vieira does not really make sense. Xavi might be better than Scholes but you won't pair with Keane at the cost of latter.

crappycraperson

Scout
I agree, Seedorf being limited to one role as Crappy suggested to be at his best goes against the very definition of Seedorf which is a Utility player. He basically has no position or best role, you can play him in most roles in the midfield and he will do an outstanding role equally well.

For gods sake the man played LM for Real Madrid and Milan, has played all possible CM roles and started his career and has played as a RM plenty of times. For some reason if someone plays him as a LM/RM he would be out of position or out of his role.

The only role people accept from his 20+ years of his career is the Milan one with Gattuso and Pirlo next to him. It is all he has in his locker, all he is remembered for and that Milan team wasn't even the best team Seedorf player for - that would be Ajax.
Rooney has played - CM, LM, RM, AM, ST - all these roles for us on multiple occasions. Does not mean you play him in that position in a draft game where you are better off having players best suited to that role. Seedorf is not suited for a holding MF role, just does not make sense on any level. If you had played him in his normal CM role when he would have joined the attacks frequently, only issue would have been Vieira's role, not Seedorf's.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs

If we are talking peak Seedorf that is spot on. The RM at Real was nothing special. I agree with what crappy said above, he was absolutely fine, just not an ideal partner for Vieira in a holding role, that would be only using the least effective side of him.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
So Martinez has been fielded as a CB in a 5 man defense who remains a CB(Like Crappy showed in his post above) in the teams offense to handle counter-attackers. And then in the defense he has a free defensive role?

I don't think there has been a player of good quality in the libero role for a long time, which is why putting a modern player in that role looks odd.

Man of the match yesterday in exactly that role, just saying ;). Well picked @crappycraperson