Transfer signings up until the end of the window

dutchred

Would be one of the best moves we could actually make but no way will Brighton sell for cheap with the season having already begun
we were after him before he went to Brighton but refused and now we are after him?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Ben Foster would be perfect for this team. I want that camera at Carrington

Vapor trail

Whatever the plan is United need a minimum of three midfield signings to even stay within the top 6.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
What I think we need to get some semblance of hope for progress this season:
Out:
  • Jones
  • Tuanzebe
  • Williams
  • Wan Bissaka
  • McTominay
  • Donny
  • Chong
  • Ronaldo
  • Elanga
In:
  • Rabiot (or another DM)
  • Morata (or another striker)
  • Dest/Dumfries/another right back
  • Left footed right winger (ziyech/Asensio on loan even would do)
Ideally a goalkeeper too, but not happening.
Starting 11:
De Gea
Dalot Lindelof Varane Malacia
Rabiot Martinez
Sancho Eriksen Rashford
Martial​
Backup:
Heaton
New RB Maguire Bailly Shaw
Garner Fred
New RW Bruno Garnacho
New ST​

Outgoings are as important as incomings, and it's vital to also drop/sell some of those useless guys (Maguire, Shaw, Fred, McTominay). Onenof the 2 wingers as well could easily find themselves benched, but need to sign someone there first.

If there is any hope in getting a goalkeeper and benching de Gea, jump all over that too. Just trying to be half realistic and work with rumoured things at least.

RedorDead21

Oh, I must have missed that. Where did that info come from? Could do with some of own 'levers' or Glazers returning our money
Neville mentioned it in his rant. I’m sure some can explain how cash balance alone doesn’t reflect all we can spend on transfers if that’s the case. I assume there is more to it if we are chasing FDJ with not even the 70m for him in the bank!? We need upgrades throughout the team. We need to spend about 150/200m in the next few weeks to give him a chance of reversing the rot. If not I’d expect a top 10 finish at the very best and pushing the recovery back 12 months. Have we the money? Not sure. Have we the transfer team to spend it wisely…defo not.

croadyman

What I think we need to get some semblance of hope for progress this season:
Out:
  • Jones
  • Tuanzebe
  • Williams
  • Wan Bissaka
  • McTominay
  • Donny
  • Chong
  • Ronaldo
  • Elanga
In:
  • Rabiot (or another DM)
  • Morata (or another striker)
  • Dest/Dumfries/another right back
  • Left footed right winger (ziyech/Asensio on loan even would do)
Ideally a goalkeeper too, but not happening.
Starting 11:
De Gea
Dalot Lindelof Varane Malacia
Rabiot Martinez
Sancho Eriksen Rashford
Martial​
Backup:
Heaton
New RB Maguire Bailly Shaw
Garner Fred
New RW Bruno Garnacho
New ST​

Outgoings are as important as incomings, and it's vital to also drop/sell some of those useless guys (Maguire, Shaw, Fred, McTominay). Onenof the 2 wingers as well could easily find themselves benched, but need to sign someone there first.

If there is any hope in getting a goalkeeper and benching de Gea, jump all over that too. Just trying to be half realistic and work with rumoured things at least.
Good suggestions but still need a second MF

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Reports say we are looking to make 2 more signings. So what are our thoughts if our business ends up being Malacia, Erikson, Martinez, Casemiro, Antony and Dubravka?

Not gonna lie i would have been pretty happy with that before the window opened but not concluding Frenkie and potentially paying double the original value for Antony is irritating.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I think youll end up with Dubravka and maybe Antony, if we sell them Ziyech. If we dont sell Ziyech to Ajax, i suspect you'll get Gakpo

croadyman

Break bank for Osmihen and either Ziyech or Asensio to fill spot on RW

Alemar

If most recent rumours are true Antony has been sold (hopefully to United). So it puts closure on our RF needs.

Transfer funds must be limited now, so let’s go for either creative CM or good striker now, one more high caliber player is needed

croadyman

If most recent rumours are true Antony has been sold (hopefully to United). So it puts closure on our RF needs.

Transfer funds must be limited now, so let’s go for either creative CM or good striker now, one more high caliber player is needed
Well can't get our top target for creative CM so has to be a striker then for me

Alemar

Where we getting another €100m to fund it
Maybe from Glazers? Then again, there could still be some outgoing transfers (such as Garner, Bissaka). Those could generate 1/3 of required amount

Houdini

In: Antony, FDJ, Osi, Dúbravka and RB
Out: Ronaldo

that should do it. don't want to be greedy

croadyman

Maybe from Glazers? Then again, there could still be some outgoing transfers (such as Garner, Bissaka). Those could generate 1/3 of required amount
Depends if they fully back selling Ronaldo

Loony BoB

Thoughts regarding potential signings based on the squad we have, presuming Ronaldo and AWB stay:

Right, with Antony all but confirmed according to tweets, it seems that we've now filled up 14 of our maximum 17 overseas spots.

Foreign: DDG, Lindelof, Ronaldo, Martial, Fred, Fernandes, Varane, Dalot, VDB, Malacia, Martinez, Eriksen, Casemiro, Antony
Homegrown: Shaw, Maguire, Rashford, Wan-Bissaka, McTominay, Sancho, Heaton

Leaving four spots in out 25 man squad for the following, unless we make more signings:
Jones
Williams
Garner
Chong
Tuanzabe

ETH has confirmed that Jones, Tuanzabe and Williams are unlikely to leave this summer because of injury. That doesn't mean they'll be in the 25 man squad, of course. It's been rumoured that Chong will leave on loan and that Garner will be sold if there's a solid buyer that meets our pricetag, which tbh is a low one so should be sold. I'm surprised that Nottingham Forest haven't snapped him up if it's true the cost is just £14m, given how much they have been spending. Spurs, Southampton and Everton are all linked.

So potentially we have three spots that will be completely free for foreign or homegrown talent, and another one additional for homegrown, depending on which of the injured players are allowed to be included in the 25 man squad. We're heavily linked with a reserve GK. That's one spot down, likely not a homegrown player. Leaving us two foreign-or-homegrown spots and one homegrown-only spot. At that point, any players we bring in will force out the injured trio from playing for us this half-season. Tuanzabe was injured during pre-season, the other two have been out for months. Williams' injury was described at the start of preseason as a "small issue" which seems to have dragged on longer than we anticipated.

RedDevilRoshi

I think Antony & Dubravka will be the final two pieces of incoming business this summer. Ronaldo off to Napoli or Sporting on deadline day. If it’s Napoli then I’d hope we get Osimhen as part of the deal but probably is more than wishful thinking as can’t see the Glazers sanctioning another €100M+ transfer.

croadyman

I think Antony & Dubravka will be the final two pieces of incoming business this summer. Ronaldo off to Napoli or Sporting on deadline day. If it’s Napoli then I’d hope we get Osimhen as part of the deal but probably is more than wishful thinking as can’t see the Glazers sanctioning another €100M+ transfer.
Yeah getting Osmihen as part of Ronaldo deal has to be the last piece of business unless we can loan AWB and get Dest

RedDevilRoshi

Yeah getting Osmihen as part of Ronaldo deal has to be the last piece of business unless we can loan AWB and get Dest
That’s if the Glazers will sanction another €100M transfer - which I hope to be proven wrong, just cannot see happening. It’ll be Antony & Dubravka I reckon as our final incomings for this summer.

I don’t think ETH is in a rush for a new RB. We haven’t really been strongly linked with one this summer. I think he wants to see how Dalot develops this season in that role (he’s done really well so far & hopefully that continues) and see how Laird gets on at QPR (did well yesterday and got an assist).

croadyman

That’s if the Glazers will sanction another €100M transfer - which I hope to be proven wrong, just cannot see happening. It’ll be Antony & Dubravka I reckon as our final incomings for this summer.

I don’t think ETH is in a rush for a new RB. We haven’t really been strongly linked with one this summer. I think he wants to see how Dalot develops this season in that role (he’s done really well so far & hopefully that continues) and see how Laird gets on at QPR (did well yesterday and got an assist).
Yeah decent cross yesterday will give him that

croadyman

Surely we are gonna get a couple of stories in next couple of days, whether it leads anywhere I haven't got a clue