Transfer signings up until the end of the window

AsonUnique

I am seeing too many de Jong posts.

My expectations are so low.

I will go with:

Gakpo and Nunes

Vapor trail

No chance De Jong comes here I can't see it. Identified as the number one target and had taken two full month's for nothing to materialise. Can't even the name the targets because the club have shown no real strategy in the market.

backpass

Draxler and Kehrer are apparently available. Most clubs are not interested because they are overpaid, but they could be seriously good options. PSG is just to stacked but both are good players, relativly young and have no bad attitude or sth. Yes, maybe not star potential for a league winning side, but surley good players to form a new core without breaking the bank.

Last edited:

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Whoever we get, we will quickly turn them into shit and then be stuck with the huge wages.

Looking at us right now, most likely we can only attract players below the level we need, mercenaries or players at the end of their careers looking for a final contract.

Sad state of affairs.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I seriously doubt De Jong would want to join us after watching this shite show from us. There’s no way are contending for Top 4 finish this season, which means no CL football for him in next 2 season at the very least.

So, our likely signings would be:

Rabiot - 15m
Gakpo - 40m
Matheus Nunes? (Or any De Jong alternatives) - 50m
RB - 20m

Dr Foo

Fabian Ruiz/ De Jong

Rabiot

Gakpo/ RW

Sasa/ ST

I think the first two games of the season will jolt them to splashing more cash. I hope..

FerociousCorgis

I get the idea behind the post but if we don't buy at least 1-2 cms we legitimately will finish near the relegation zone

AussieDevil

As if we can’t get Rabiot on a loan with an option to buy, it’s an Italian side they love loans.

But we should get De Jong, Rabiot and Joao Pedro.

saik

I would be happy if we can get one of Nunes/SMS along with Rabiot. They are miles better than our current options. I don't see FDJ deal to us is going to happen anymore. If he wavered a bit in his resolve along the way thinking maybe it's not such a bad idea joining us, we made sure that we are as shit as everyone thinks we are.

The_Midfielder

I would be happy if we can get one of Nunes/SMS along with Rabiot. They are miles better than our current options. I don't see FDJ deal to us is going to happen anymore. If he wavered a bit in his resolve along the way thinking maybe it's not such a bad idea joining us, we made sure that we are as shit as everyone thinks we are.
Rabiot could be.an astute buy.. Good defensively and Okish going forward..
I am looking forward to this signing

Ace_Ventura

Please don't buy players just for the sake of it, 1-2 years later they will be going out on loan to other sides with United covering 50% of their wages. Make sure to assess players properly or more deadwood would get added to the squad.

avgp_1

We can't look at De Jong anymore, he will take a major chunk of our budget, we have to look at 4 players at least ( 2 CM, 1 ST, 1 RB) and spend about 100-120m in the process.

CM: Get Rabiot and someone cheap like Maxime Lopez or Lukic alongside him. That's about 40-45m for the two of them. Both of them have a bite about them, very good in possession and probably the least expensive options for what they offer

RB: Pedro Porro, Frimpong, KWP for RB. Worst case get the Croation lad from Celtic. Porro,Frimpong and KWP could be expensive but about 25-30m should do it

ST: Gouiri(50-55m). The most ideal striker imo. We have the money if we were willing to spend that for Sesko

Some of them might be tough to convince with the competition for them but I'd rather we spend a bit more as most them are relatively young and useful long term

stoinz

Any other signings that FDJ are probably last minute and high wages. So I rather not.

The best signings for me this window would be we get rid of Murtough, sell some players with high wages and play the kids.

Jacob

I honestly think that to attract players for the 'project' you need to make statement. Preferably in outgoings.

Bin Bruno, Shaw, Rashford or Maguire to show that we do not tolerate their level of performance.

In terms of incomings, De Jong would be a statement.

Godfather

We still need 1-2 CM, 1-2 forwards and a right back. GK seems to become a more pressing need as well

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
what is so annoying is the other top clubs are continuing, even now, to add to their squads. City look to have sealed another defender, Conte is continuing to somehow hypnotise Levy into opening his wallet (maybe Conte has guessed his PIN ha ha) and Chelsea clearly haven't finished. Arsenal may even still strengthen. Us... not so much

Catalandevil

At the very least we need a GK that can challenge De Gea, a MD such as De Jong and an attacker. Without them, there is very little chance we will make top 4. On Winter we should focus on moving players like AWB and bring another RB.

However, what we need is ETH to show some "cojones". Maguire should be dropped after the last two performances, even if it is difficult to drop since he is captain. Shaw should have not started yesterday after the poor performance on the first game. If MCfred are not good enough, just try to play some kids. Zidane showed promise during pre-season, just reward him with an opportunity. Rashford hasn't done anything worth mentioning during the last 18 months. Bruno seems lost and looks like a shadow of the player we know he is. Playing like this, he simply should not be starting.

We have tolerated poor performances for too long and nor the club nor the previous coaches had showed some cojones. Only RR did, and his conclusions were accurate.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Other clubs will skin us in transfer fees knowing our desperation.
Seeing the already done recruitment till now, I don't even care that much who do we sign. I'm too depressed to even try and be positive about a good future deal.

We need 2 CM's no matter who they are and see what happens from then.

Red Rash

After the first two games of the season I think we need at the very least:

New RB - Not convinced Dalot is the solution and AWB is not favoured by ETH
DM & CM - we have seen for years that McTominay and Fred won't cut it and we have almost no other natural options
RW & CF - we need to move Sancho back to the left and take Rashford out of the team. I'm still not convinced Ronaldo will stay and even if he does we still need a backup CF

DDG
New RB
Varane
Martinez
Malacia

New RW
New DM
New CM
Sancho

Eriksen

Ronaldo (or if he leaves new CF)

Honestly I don't know how realistic this is but without at least these signings we are setting up ETH to fail. The squad is so short on quality and depth it's unreal right now.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Other clubs will skin us in transfer fees knowing our desperation.
Seeing the already done recruitment till now, I don't even care that much who do we sign. I'm too depressed to even try and be positive about a good future deal.

We need 2 CM's no matter who they are and see what happens from then.
isn't it strange how are "negotiating" could end up costing us more rather than less...?

RkkMan

After the first two games of the season I think we need at the very least:

New RB - Not convinced Dalot is the solution and AWB is not favoured by ETH
DM & CM - we have seen for years that McTominay and Fred won't cut it and we have almost no other natural options
RW & CF - we need to move Sancho back to the left and take Rashford out of the team. I'm still not convinced Ronaldo will stay and even if he does we still need a backup CF

DDG
New RB
Varane
Martinez
Malacia

New RW
New DM
New CM
Sancho

Eriksen

Ronaldo (or if he leaves new CF)

Honestly I don't know how realistic this is but without at least these signings we are setting up ETH to fail. The squad is so short on quality and depth it's unreal right now.
Add a GK and it should be mandatory
We CANNOT have De Gea/Heaton as our GK options the former being the worst in the PL. Not saying we need a 40-50m GK to replace him but a cheap competent back up sweeper GK like Romero we can rely on during the season as we make a permanent decision on a new No1 GK next year

Laurencio

Whoever we get, we will quickly turn them into shit and then be stuck with the huge wages.

Looking at us right now, most likely we can only attract players below the level we need, mercenaries or players at the end of their careers looking for a final contract.

Sad state of affairs.
Every single overpaid player we have would increase in value as they are all more than capable backup players and second string players. If we built a good first XI, the majority of our underperformers would likely be more sellable as they would do a decent job.

Fred is a good midfielder who could do a decent job with a better core around him. Maguire could be useful against aerially dominant sides. Shaw could create overloads like no one else on the left if the midfield core was set up to compensate for that.

They aren't bad players, but they aren't a team capable of playing the style we want to play - together. We seem to be pretending that decent backup options are key-players, and it is failing us badly.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
what is so annoying is the other top clubs are continuing, even now, to add to their squads. City look to have sealed another defender, Conte is continuing to somehow hypnotise Levy into opening his wallet (maybe Conte has guessed his PIN ha ha) and Chelsea clearly haven't finished. Arsenal may even still strengthen. Us... not so much

Levy is probably scared of conte. Just get him what he wants and he won't give me bother He's probably thinking.

suhaylah

Only rabiot we'll sign imo..
Although we need RB, 2 CM, 1 RW and 1 striker.

ChorltonReds

I only think we'll sign Rabiot plus a cheap underwhelming keeper option, and then a deadline day crap striker on loan (maybe Morata - who can't score). I've thought all summer we'd get de Jong, but that optimism ended yesterday with him getting some playing time for Barca and United looking even more unappealing.

What we actually need - de Jong plus another first team midfielder (could we get Gallagher from Chelsea?); a striker (should have been Nunez or Alvarez, then should have been Sesko - now should be Nkunko, Schick, Martinez, Toney etc.); a second striker if Ronaldo is sold; a goalkeeper who can play modern football and replace DDG immediately (I have no idea who this should be, but you'd hope the club do (they don't)); a top class rightback (again I don't know who).

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Mullock is saying we had a 150m budget plus sales. So FDJ (why he’d join who knows but let’s go with it…) plus Rabiot is the window until we sell players. AWB out and that Celtic lad in can solve RB but to get the attacking overhaul we need players need shifting.

If there’s a bid for Rashford then take it. Get Ronaldo out. Garner and DVB will be 6th and 7th choice if we add Rabiot and FDJ so I’d sell them too. Hopefully we can get something approaching 30m for Bailly, Williams, Axel, Chong and Jones. Who we sign? No idea. Ideally Antony plus a LW and a Striker but we’re so shit at selling players we’ll probably only get 15m for rashford and Ronaldo!

RedorDead21

Fabian Ruiz/ De Jong

Rabiot

Gakpo/ RW

Sasa/ ST

I think the first two games of the season will jolt them to splashing more cash. I hope..
But haven’t we only got 50m in the bank in actual cash. So how do we spend the necessary amount to bring in these players?

Ish

Lights on for Luke
This team/squad is also lacking a lot of pace and power - even moreso with Rashford and Martials decline. Outside of Antony, who’s been priced out of a move, I don’t see anyone available who possess those attributes and the necessary quality/end product.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think KWP would be a transformative signing because Dalot is so trash its a joke.

Id wave bye to ronaldo for many reasons, none of which to do with his playing impact of course. Sign morata knowing hes goal shy but of course adds height and grit if called upon. Hes a worker too, and has good movement, we can do worse.

Id give Barcelona an ultimatum on Frenkie and if it fails then move for SMS.

Completely drop shaw, bring in Malacia

I would scurry for a GK too but if that fails:

DDG

KWP
Maguire
Martinez
Malacia

SMS
Eriksen
Rabiot

Sancho
Morata
Rashford

I know, its not inspiring but I think Ten Hag can maximize the qualities better with these names.

Rolaholic

Would be one of the best moves we could actually make but no way will Brighton sell for cheap with the season having already begun

Dr Foo

But haven’t we only got 50m in the bank in actual cash. So how do we spend the necessary amount to bring in these players?
Oh, I must have missed that. Where did that info come from? Could do with some of own 'levers' or Glazers returning our money

HackeyC

This start to the season has killed any chance of further decent signings imo.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Looking at the potential of both Cody Gakpo and Sasa Kalajdzic joining, is an extremely exciting prospect.
Let’s hope the speculation turns into reality!
That's exciting to you? Another totally unproven Dutch player and a very average Bundesliga striker?

Jesus Christ.