Transfer Tweets - 2017 | When posting a tweet in a foreign language, post English translation too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Not really, his abilities lie in clubs that thrive on picking relatively unknown talent and selling them for a profit, at the elite clubs his qualities would be largely void due to the simple fact we can't afford to give the lesser known players time to improve and make mistakes!
I agree with that completely.

Plus Monchi often targets a lot of South American imports to sell at a profit - just like Atletico Madrid do. That would be hard to accomplish with the English work permit laws and it will be interesting to see what he does with the Italian limit of bringing in non-EU players.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
He does that because of the budget and strategy that's necessitated at a club like Sevilla. The idea that he and his scouting team wouldn't be able to scale that ability to secure higher ceiling players with United's astronomical budget is inane to me.

Also, United as a club has never operated how you described. This club has made it's mark on giving young players a chance and this club has never had a problem allowing the young starlets they've acquired, from Ronaldo to De Gea to Martial, work through difficult periods.
Have you not been aware of these last few windows? You don't need someone like him to identify world class players because they're obvious, anyway he doesn't want to "find" world class players, he thrives on finding young/unknown players and give them a platform to show what they can do, and in that process make their mistakes, at United making mistakes isn't really an option anymore, like it or love it, we are not the club to bed unknown quantities in!

Like @Sweech said, his abilities would probably be useless in most if England because if the money, buying low and selling high doesn't really work here anymore due to everyone knowing England is a money pit!

NYAS

Lacazzette's agent speaks on behalf of Atlético to try to open the negotiation.
Arsenal really should be all over that. There is no better striker that'll be realistically available to them that suits them as much as he does.

If he goes elsewhere that's just embarrassing incompetence with transfers as usual, whether they never wanted him (they should) or whether they want him and he goes somewhere else (pay the money).

Womp

idiot
I think it's a good move to go for someone like Mendy and have him compete with Shaw. I'd much rather get rid of Darmian over Shaw.
Don't think there'd be much competition, Mendy would make that position his own. He's a better player in just about every aspect except maybe one on one defending, which Shaw seems to be surprisingly good at.

United Pro

Don't think there'd be much competition, Mendy would make that position his own. He's a better player in just about every aspect except maybe one on one defending, which Shaw seems to be surprisingly good at.
Looking at the performances of this season, you're probably right. But, if we get him, Mendy may take some time adjusting to the team and the league, so it wouldn't the smartest thing getting rid of Shaw. Also, Shaw may well improve next season.

ti vu

Lukaku, Sanchez, and Van Dijk would be an impressive summer for them. Van Dijk is who I would want most, and it seems crazy we wouldn't go for him.
We can turn a healthy defender into a crock with our curse, no point signing one with already having serious injury problem. What's good with all potential when you can't stay fit?

diarm

Lukaku, Sanchez, and Van Dijk would be an impressive summer for them. Van Dijk is who I would want most, and it seems crazy we wouldn't go for him.
Van Dijk is going to be one of those signings like Alderweireld and Kante who everybody knows you should go for, everyone knows is going to be great at a big club. But for some reason you don't go for him and then he goes somewhere else and is unsurprisingly great.

Strats

Will have to splash an insane amount of cash to get all the players Mourinho who "bewitch"(what a retarded fecking term by the way) him.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Bayern's iron grip on the Bundesliga is beyond parody now.
That transfer surely wouldn't change that situation. Something to keep in mind: I believe Bayern's squad consists of only three players coming from other Bundesliga clubs though.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Can't see how we don't win the league if we were to sign those three. We'd have an insane starting XI with world class players all over the pitch.

Way too good to be true, though. :( Lukaku & Van Dijk are certainly realistic but Sanchez will be close to impossible.

Traub

Can't see how we don't win the league if we were to sign those three. We'd have an insane starting XI with world class players all over the pitch.

Way too good to be true, though. :( Lukaku & Van Dijk are certainly realistic but Sanchez will be close to impossible.
Is Roman still halting on the big money transfers without big money in, or are your lot going to start spending big again?

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Is Roman still halting on the big money transfers without big money in, or are your lot going to start spending big again?
Rumor has it that this'll be a huge summer. Massive Nike deal kicks in, just sold Oscar for £50m, probably going to sell Costa for a huge sum, and apparently Conte was told in January that funds were being saved instead for the summer. Plus, I know for a fact that Roman and the board won't want a repeat of summer 2015 where we didn't strengthen at all and had the disastrous season.

I can see us being the 2nd highest spenders after you guys. At least I hope so.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Example a, b and c as to why Bayern won't bid big for Sanchez or Griezmann.
In my opinion they might need two wingers, so Brandt in 2018 (when Ribery and Robben are retired or in the MLS) wouldn't rule out Alexis. Griezmann I cannot see happening since they have Müller for hos role.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Rumor has it that this'll be a huge summer. Massive Nike deal kicks in, just sold Oscar for £50m, probably going to sell Costa for a huge sum, and apparently Conte was told in January that funds were being saved instead for the summer. Plus, I know for a fact that Roman and the board won't want a repeat of summer 2015 where we didn't strengthen at all and had the disastrous season.

What would you say are you three biggest position priorities and which names are most realistic ?

Traub

I can then see you getting Sanchez. If he wants to leave Arsenal, it will probably between yourselves and City. Arsenal will sell to the highest bidder.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
What would you say are you three biggest position priorities and which names are most realistic ?
I think quality and depth in the wingback positions are a must. Central midfielder next. Then an attacking player at or near Hazard's level that would elevate our attack to compete with Europe's top sides. Obviously a striker shoots up the priority list if Costa goes.

As for specific names I'm not sure. If Diego is sold to China for insane money I think Lukaku is nailed on.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I think quality and depth in the wingback positions are a must. Central midfielder next. Then an attacking player at or near Hazard's level that would elevate our attack to compete with Europe's top sides. Obviously a striker shoots up the priority list if Costa goes.

As for specific names I'm not sure. If Diego is sold to China for insane money I think Lukaku is nailed on.
Who would be the ideal, but realistic Hazard replacement ?

NYAS

Lukaku, Sanchez, Bakayoko, Bruno Peres.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Who would be the ideal, but realistic Hazard replacement ?
I think Hazard stays. Like an 80% chance he stays and signs an extension.

If he goes then I'd still say Alexis could directly replace him. Not sure if that's realistic but it's who I'd want.

Lukaku, Sanchez, Bakayoko, Bruno Peres.
:drool:

peridigm

I think it's a good move to go for someone like Mendy and have him compete with Shaw. I'd much rather get rid of Darmian over Shaw.
Are there any Monaco players we haven't been linked to? They won't be able to field a team if the press are to be believed.

Womp

idiot
Are there any Monaco players we haven't been linked to? They won't be able to field a team if the press are to be believed.
Can't remember who but one of the resident French posters on here said they're open to selling their players if the right offers come in because they've already got replacements ready. If so, they really must have a special youth set-up there.

ti vu

That transfer surely wouldn't change that situation. Something to keep in mind: I believe Bayern's squad consists of only three players coming from other Bundesliga clubs though.
Thing is they're also in strong positions when it comes to signing the best young academy players too. So in a sense they already bullies other teams from eggs.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Thing is they're also in strong positions when it comes to signing the best young academy players too. So in a sense they already bullies other teams from eggs.
Yeah, we're such a bunch of bad boys. Thank god PL clubs don't do domestic transfers.

ti vu

Yeah, we're such a bunch of bad boys. Thank god PL clubs don't do domestic transfers.
PL clubs often rinsed the buying clubs with all the tax. You guys can buy players for reasonable price and save your money for other stuffs. 90 minute rule limit youth recruitment from different areas

Crossie

Supports
vibrant attacking football
Most importantly, such transfer rumors are perfect clickbait material as the Caf residents prove any given day. :)

Don't you dare bothering the discussion with facts! :nono:;) Seriously, it's not worth it.

I'm curious how Brandt will develop at Bayern if the information turns out to be true. I have to admit that he has appeared to me too full of himself and defensively lazy for the last couple of months, and that's nothing which will be tolerated at your club. He's not alone in that though, generally I perceive more talents to lose feet on the ground after a good season or two. Do you expect Costa or Coman to leave if Brandt comes in?

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
I'm curious how Brandt will develop at Bayern if the information turns out to be true. I have to admit that he has appeared to me too full of himself and defensively lazy for the last couple of months, and that's nothing which will be tolerated at your club. He's not alone in that though, generally I perceive more talents to lose feet on the ground after a good season or two. Do you expect Costa or Coman to leave if Brandt comes in?
I'm not entirely convinced by him, either. Reschke is a big fan of him, after all, he's the one who brought him to Leverkusen. If he joins us in 2018 for 12.5m, I'd say it's worth a shot. Paying 30m to have him come next season seems like a questionable move.
Coman will definitely stay, and I don't see Costa leaving either, unless we buy a suitable replacement, which doesn't seem likely.

Crossie

Supports
vibrant attacking football
I'm not entirely convinced by him, either. Reschke is a big fan of him, after all, he's the one who brought him to Leverkusen. If he joins us in 2018 for 12.5m, I'd say it's worth a shot. Paying 30m to have him come next season seems like a questionable move.
Coman will definitely stay, and I don't see Costa leaving either, unless we buy a suitable replacement, which doesn't seem likely.
Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.