Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Not worried about Coman to Liverpool. I really don’t rate him. Doesn’t he have massive injury problems too?

bsCallout

He's more renowned for his ability on the ball than his ability off it. Whilst he's willing to go in on the tackle and not shirk away from his defensive responsibilities, he's not the kind of player who you'll put much of the defensive responsibility on. At Rennes last season, he mostly played alongside Steven Nzonzi, who was the main defensive midfielder. Camavinga was then given the freedom to get more involved on the ball and be more of a midfield playmaker.

He can still develop into a solid defensive midfielder, but he's not that kind of player right now, and we can't expect him to shield the back line on his own.
He was the only player in Ligue 1 to make over 100 tackles in the 19/20 season. The defensive side of his game is certainly not lacking. More tackles per 90 than any player in the top 5 leagues (As per Statman Dave).

I get the impression Rennes utilise his abilities on the ball because they don't have anyone as good as him in that respect, even though he could very easily play a more defensive role for a team.

meamth

Everyone talking about Camavinga as CDM but if I'm not mistaken - he's a CM.

That's the position he plays in his team in France. We have Paul, Donny, Fred and Scotty in this position, where will he play ?

And if he is a DM, why would you want a 18yo in that position ? that's crazy. Especially when we have a talented youngster(Garner) in this position who's 2 years older than him that we still don't give playing time to.
He is more like modern all action box to box CM. If we have him and Fred together, our midfield pressing will be top notch.

EDIT:
Don't you want a young Kante?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
That seems insanely low and people think we were taking the piss out of Dortmund :lol:
If Bayern really would sell for 50 id argue we should sell Martial and James and sign him as well as Sancho

theklr

This will be transfer of the summer if United can pull this off.
100% , but if the player wants to PSG I dont see how we can compete. Or if he gets here but its just a intermediate stop for him to go there like with Di Maria

UTD_Since_1978

100% , but if the player wants to PSG I dont see how we can compete. Or if he gets here but its just a intermediate stop for him to go there like with Di Maria
I think Ronaldo when he was at UTD should've had a clause where we can't sell him to a team playing in the UCL.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Whilst Gazzetta dello Sport isn't reliable for the Liverpool-Coman story, this guy certainly is:

He doesn't report a bid, though.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Whilst Gazzetta dello Sport isn't reliable for the Liverpool-Coman story, this guy certainly is:

Because the Gazzetta thing is pure made up BS as their stuff usually is..

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
:lol: I thought they wanted €100m the other week?
I thought they wanted nearer 100m for him?
:lol:

When it's United it's 80-100m. All of a sudden it's 50m for Liverpool.
Coman for 50m Euros would be a great deal for Liverpool, I'd be a bit peeved. They'd probably get to pay it over 50 years too.
That seems insanely low and people think we were taking the piss out of Dortmund :lol:
It's a complete trash source and not a real thing.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
He is more like modern all action box to box CM. If we have him and Fred together, our midfield pressing will be top notch.

EDIT:
Don't you want a young Kante?
Nothing like Kante as far as I’ve seen. Still wouldn’t turn him down though

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
The problem with some people is that they see the football media as black and white: either they should believe everything they read/see/hear or nothing.
It is black and white in the sense that the claim there was a 35m bid rejected as we want 50m is 100% false. It's not black and white in the sense that Liverpool might be specualting on signing Coman. But that's not what the tweet said.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Info RMC Sport: RC Lens blocks the transfer of Loïc Badé! Badé has reached an agreement with Rennes which made an offer of €15M! Given the blockage, Rennes [has] turned to [the] Belgian international from Hertha Berlin, Dedryck Boyata. Boyata even goes to chat with [Rennes manager] Génésio.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Official: City centre back Taylor Harwood-Bellis signs for Anderlecht on loan and will now be coached by former City centre back Vincent Kompany.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Everyone talking about Camavinga as CDM but if I'm not mistaken - he's a CM.

That's the position he plays in his team in France. We have Paul, Donny, Fred and Scotty in this position, where will he play ?

And if he is a DM, why would you want a 18yo in that position ? that's crazy. Especially when we have a talented youngster(Garner) in this position who's 2 years older than him that we still don't give playing time to.
Even if he is only a CM, your logic is that he can’t come because we have one player who only has a year left and doesn’t want to be here, one player who has had a terrible first season and Fred and McTominey?

And if he can indeed play at DM, which his ability and the stats seem to suggest he can, that he can’t come because of a young player who has hardly played for the first team?

If you want to be at Europe’s top table and winning trophies, no manager will take you there without the best players.

Not buying one of the hottest talents in Europe because we have Fred, McTominey and Garner is madness and exactly the type of attitude that means we would be perennial top 4 contenders for life.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.

These kind of things don't make sense. How can his father force the move? It's obviously himself or slavery...

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
These kind of things don't make sense. How can his father force the move? It's obviously himself or slavery...
Here's some background on Coman's situation.

Bayern want to keep him. Coman himself would be happy to stay at Bayern (and has himself expressed that to Bayern's higher-ups). One would think that contract renewal talks would be smooth sailing, right? Unfortunately for Bayern, Coman brought in Pini Zahavi to conduct the negotiations. Zahavi has already given Bayern Munich a tough time over Alaba, and he's also causing them problems over Lewandowski's contract renewal. Right now, Zahavi's asking Bayern for way more than what they're wililng to give for Coman, and that's why we're seeing other teams express their interest in the player. The father's come into the conversation for probably the similar reason why Alaba's family was also reported to be involved in public (my guess).

Overall, Coman should renew if he really feels happy enough to continue at Bayern, but with Zahavi involved, who knows at this stage?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Coman's situation might be a bit reminiscent of their Götze transfer. When they upped their wage structure for a player that didn't perform nearly as well as they had hoped and thus caused other players (back then: Kroos) to feel entitled to wages that the club didn't really want to pay them.

van Nistelrooy

A 2 year loan? Just buy the fecker, you cheap bastards.
He's the clear successor to Neuer. Bayern will not want to let him go permanently.

However, they clearly see Neuer as having a clear run as number one for the next two seasons, so may as well ensure Nubel has first-team football and keep him warm until he secures the position in the 23/24 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.