Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

joedirt87

we will get Pochettino and then announce we have mutually parted ways with Rangnick in his consultant role or w/e they are calling it. Leaving us in the same position as always.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Pep is not leaving City this summer, unless Ten Hag wants to wait another year I don't see him going to City.
I doubt ETH is leaving a team that always has CL, for a team not in the CL if you dont make 4th.

Just my opinion of course.

mctrials23

we will get Pochettino and then announce we have mutually parted ways with Rangnick in his consultant role or w/e they are calling it. Leaving us in the same position as always.
If that happens I really will lose all hope with United. The only explanation for that would be that RR couldn't see any way to contribute to the club in a meaningful way over the next few years which means that he doesn't think he can change anything about the current shit show.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I’d rather trust Winter because he’s more reliable and he’s saying what I want to be true.
You should trust Winter over Sévérac. Sévérac is normally a serious journalist but on that topic something is wrong, in November he was the one suggesting that PSG were definitely getting Zidane while every other reliable french journalists were saying that it was nonsense, it actually led to a funny moment on L' Equipe where they made fun of him and Le Parisien.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
I doubt ETH is leaving a team that always has CL, for a team not in the CL if you dont make 4th.

Just like players not joining a team in the EL? It rarely works like that.

Money talks. Always.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Just like players not joining a team in the EL? It rarely works like that.

Money talks. Always.
I am not trying to wind any of you up. If you dont make top 4 the player discontent and back stabbing will only get worse. Why would one of the most in demand managers want to sort all that out and not have CL? It seems like a bad career move. It has been a long time since Man Utd won anything. Still a massive club, but definitely not the destination it was 10 to 20 years ago.

SAFMUTD

That's a fair point, getting UCL next year is key to get both manager and players.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Birmingham City, eh?! They’re 18th in the league and have scored 23 goals.

Such a shame he got injured earlier in the year, man. He’d be tearing up the Eredivisie for the third best side in an easier league and his confidence would’ve been sky-high.

Baneofthegame

Such a shame he got injured earlier in the year, man. He’d be tearing up the Eredivisie for the third best side in an easier league and his confidence would’ve been sky-high.
In all fairness if he’s who we want him to be, he should be the shining star in a poor Birmingham team.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Thing is if we don't send him to a English side, pretty sure he loses his homegrown status. Also, at least with Bowyer, he has a good record with Chong of actually playing our players.

RUCK4444

I’ve set this possible outcome as a milestone where I will potentially just stop watching United entirely.

Would represent the biggest single slap in the face for fans who have been overwhelmingly supportive of the club in the face of a decades worth of disgraceful ownership.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
I’ve set this possible outcome as a milestone where I will potentially just stop watching United entirely.

Would represent the biggest single slap in the face for fans who have been overwhelmingly supportive of the club in the face of a decades worth of disgraceful ownership.
What? Why? Bit dramatic maybe?

RUCK4444

What? Why? Bit dramatic maybe?
Why? Because he’s proven beyond a reasonable doubt that he has a ceiling and that ceiling is way below what the likes of Klopp and Pep can achieve. Not to mention Tuchel and Conte who have both won tonnes more and proven themselves a level above.

To sign him instead of a modern coach with a modern pressing style, which is the minimum we need to compete, is to consign us to more mediocrity.

He is a cereal bottler, won nothing of note and our CLUELESS owners and hierarchy seemingly have a pathetic infatuation with him.

A tad harsh, maybe, but it’s an appointment where we can already script the outcome, no way he beats the competition in this league, his limited ceiling and football is mediocre and guarantees that imo.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Thing is if we don't send him to a English side, pretty sure he loses his homegrown status. Also, at least with Bowyer, he has a good record with Chong of actually playing our players.
He plays a 5 back with two strikers, no? God knows where Amad would fit in that

mctrials23

I am not trying to wind any of you up. If you dont make top 4 the player discontent and back stabbing will only get worse. Why would one of the most in demand managers want to sort all that out and not have CL? It seems like a bad career move. It has been a long time since Man Utd won anything. Still a massive club, but definitely not the destination it was 10 to 20 years ago.
I honestly think that the way RR is handled will have a large impact on out future manager search.

If I was a betting man I would say that RR has come in and been shocked/appalled at how dreadfully every aspect of the football side of the club is run. Managers are sold an idea and vision by the club hiring them but there is no "come and look around the club for a week and see what you think". You come in half blind and have to deal with what you find. I honestly think that is how we have lured players and managers to the club. I doubt that Mourinho would have come to United if he had an inkling of the mess we were and I don't think RR would have either.

ETH has the world at his feet right now. He can stay at Ajax for a few more years until a position opens up at a club he wants. I don't think he will look at United and think he will be able to do anything here. I think its a poison chalice and until we get the core issues resolved, any big manager coming to club would have to be mad.

RR has come in and seemingly not changed much at all despite by all accounts being very different to Ole and having very strong opinions on how to play football. Opinions which we are not seeing mirrored on the pitch. I know he hasn't been here long but I can't help but feel that he thought he would be coming in to coach a bunch of talented but under-coached players and has found a mess of gargantuan proportions.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Why? Because he’s proven beyond a reasonable doubt that he has a ceiling and that ceiling is way below what the likes of Klopp and Pep can achieve. Not to mention Tuchel and Conte who have both won tonnes more and proven themselves a level above.

To sign him instead of a modern coach with a modern pressing style, which is the minimum we need to compete, is to consign us to more mediocrity.

He is a cereal bottler, won nothing of note and our CLUELESS owners and hierarchy seemingly have a pathetic infatuation with him.

A tad harsh, maybe, but it’s an appointment where we can already script the outcome, no way he beats the competition in this league, his limited ceiling and football is mediocre and guarantees that imo.
Pochettino is not a 'modern coach with a modern pressing style'?

I give up.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I honestly think that the way RR is handled will have a large impact on out future manager search.

If I was a betting man I would say that RR has come in and been shocked/appalled at how dreadfully every aspect of the football side of the club is run. Managers are sold an idea and vision by the club hiring them but there is no "come and look around the club for a week and see what you think". You come in half blind and have to deal with what you find. I honestly think that is how we have lured players and managers to the club. I doubt that Mourinho would have come to United if he had an inkling of the mess we were and I don't think RR would have either.

ETH has the world at his feet right now. He can stay at Ajax for a few more years until a position opens up at a club he wants. I don't think he will look at United and think he will be able to do anything here. I think its a poison chalice and until we get the core issues resolved, any big manager coming to club would have to be mad.

RR has come in and seemingly not changed much at all despite by all accounts being very different to Ole and having very strong opinions on how to play football. Opinions which we are not seeing mirrored on the pitch. I know he hasn't been here long but I can't help but feel that he thought he would be coming in to coach a bunch of talented but under-coached players and has found a mess of gargantuan proportions.
The man had failed negotiations with Frankfurt and Schalke, as well as unsuccessfully offering himself up for the Germany job. Before landing a consultant job in Russia. I'm pretty sure he walked into this with his eyes wide open. And philosophically the revered Rangnick is much more aligned with Poch than ETH anyway.

croadyman

If this is true I don't see anything getting any better for a long time. He's not the guy to come in and make huge changes to how we set up and play but sadly I think that's why our top brass will want him!
Yeah I am starting to get the impression they have been scared by the Rangnick appointment and will now play safe with Pochettino

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
ETH might prove to be the best option out there and by some distance. That being said, I do think Enrique, Pochettino and even Potter would be our best head coach post Ferguson. And probably our first «modern coach». That makes me optimistic.

The only worry is that the competition have improved alot since 2013. A coach today will be up against Pep, Conte and Klopp. Not Pellegrini, Rodgers and Wenger (towards the end).

(And I’m sure we will end up hiring Rodgers who would be close to our worst coach post Ferguson.)

RUCK4444

Pochettino is not a 'modern coach with a modern pressing style'?

I give up.
He’s a slightly above average manager with a half decent pressing style.

Your purposely ignoring my main point anyway, which is that he’s definitely worse than four managers in this league.

He’s not untested or up and coming, he has an established ceiling. And no offence but this isn’t a one horse race league.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Refuse to let myself believe that. Would be an underwhelming appointment.
We currently have Ralf Rangnick and Chris Armas in charge ffs and probably won't be in the CL next season. Honestly don't think we can afford to be picky.

I'd prefer Ten Hag over Poch myself but I certainly won't be too unhappy with Poch either.

Who exactly are you expecting it to be other than maybe Ten Hag?

Status
Not open for further replies.