Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

bucky

You could well be right, however the number of fullbacks we are being linked to gives me some hope. I'd like to see 2 fullbacks and two CM's along with a striker in the summer personally. It would indicate someone in the decision making process knows where our frailties truly lie.
Yeah, I agree. 2 forwards, 2 midfielders and at least one full-back would be what I would want.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source:
At least, Coutinho seems that he will not continue next season at Barça. His transfer to Aston Villa for between 15 and 20 million [Euros] is close. And Barça will save on its salary next season. Steve (sp) Gerrard believes in the Brazilian.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
More info on the Haaland transfer:
  • Overall cost: up to £213M (€250M) - the breakdown:
    • Release clause: £64M (€75M)
    • Haaland's earnings: £107M (€125M) (over 5 years; includes signing-on + other variable payments)
    • Money to agents + reps along with other fees: £42M (€50M)
  • Haaland's wages (including bonuses): £400k/week
    • Results in £3M as the sign-on bonus to Haaland
  • Because Raiola was ill, Haaland's negotiations were handled by his lawyer & business partner, Rafaela Pimenta.
  • Haaland's former clubs (Bryne, Molde, RB Salzburg) are due solidarity payments worth a total of £3.2M.
  • Ducker corroborates Shrager's Tweet on Pogba.
    • Two firm offers for Pogba
    • Interest from PSG, Juventus, Real Madrid, and Barcelona
  • Reminder: City want a new midfielder (replace Fernandinho) + a new, young right back
  • Ducker confirms that Arsenal will work out a deal for Sterling should he be available in the summer.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Imagine thinking this club can win without changing the approach on how we target and sign players. Seriously what makes you believe this club will be any different this summer??
Why do you believe that we will wait for July before starting work on transfers? We’ve learnt that lesson already from moyes spell.
I’m sure that Ten Hag will already have had a look at the list of targets and given his opinion already.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
No, I don't think transfer decisions should be left 100% to the manager. That's how you end up with a mishmash of players suiting different managers and then spend years struggling to sell them off.
I’ve been thinking about this - and actually we should be signing players to suit a system, not a manager. You are right. No need to wait for a manager who doesn’t know the club.

croadyman

City singing Haaland and other big name players moving this summer will give United the itch to pull the trigger on someone we don’t need. I actually think United will sign Kane this summer and will prioritise someone like him over a new midfield. Knowing our board this is well within the realms of possibility.
Would take Kane IF we didn't have serious problems in defence and midfield, however we probably have a chance of Haaland if we weren't such a shitshow of a club right now. Still guts me he has decided against going to Spain.

croadyman

Hopefully not true as it means we still haven’t learned. Our midfield is barely top 10 quality.
Would accept this if we actually went for a free agent like Kamara, however knowing this summer City will stick the knife in and take De Jong too.

croadyman

I dunno, who else was genuinely in for him? Reports of Real Madrid wanting him to wait a year and join them next summer but other than that looks like City had a free run at him. Probably to do with the wages involved.
Damn you Real, Barca & PSG why didn't you keep him out of City's grasp. Instead you have made our league a foregone conclusion

roseguy64

We are in this mess because we have given all managers the say in recruitment. It’s been a total disaster. Had we tried to be consistent with a style of football and managerial appointments we wouldn’t need a major overhaul every 3 years. Instead we went from total football under LVG, defensive football under José, countering attacking football under Ole. It’s a complete mess. A decent director of football stops this from happening. Same mistakes still being made again. I’m going to give up on this club if we don’t act this summer.
Okay. And we didn't have a DoF until this time last year and up to January, Woodward was still running everything. Judge Murtough and the new direction in a couple years and also if/when ETH leaves if we go for a manager similar to his playstyle.

dubplate warrior

Okay. And we didn't have a DoF until this time last year and up to January, Woodward was still running everything. Judge Murtough and the new direction in a couple years and also if/when ETH leaves if we go for a manager similar to his playstyle.
Agreed, we haven't started our journey under Murtough's tenure yet, and results won't really begin to show until around 2-3 years in.

This season has been so bad and seen the clubs reputation take such a beating that I feel like our pull for top players is at its lowest ebb. The board has to be proactive and imaginative with its transfer dealings but we have previous for being slow cumbersome with recruitment.

Its just a nightmare at the moment, I take solace in the fact Liverpool have completely changed under Klopp coupled with top recruitment. Essentially hoping the clubs restructure performs miracles, I have my doubts.

Red_toad

I check this place daily. When are you going to post some good news for Man United?
When the new manager is available to have a say on new signings and when the window is open probably.
So ones for your diary 15th of May last Ajax game & 10th of June window opens ;)

NoPace

Seems like a great move for him. Split time with Antonio for a couple seasons but he has the mobility and desire, though maybe not the strength, to play for Moyes. And if Moyes ever goes, he's the main striker at a solid club.

Bestietom

Yeah, I agree. 2 forwards, 2 midfielders and at least one full-back would be what I would want.
We will have to sell quite a few players to get in the amount of players needed unless we are planning on some FREE transfers.

prateik

More info on the Haaland transfer:
  • Overall cost: up to £213M (€250M) - the breakdown:
    • Release clause: £64M (€75M)
    • Haaland's earnings: £107M (€125M) (over 5 years; includes signing-on + other variable payments)
    • Money to agents + reps along with other fees: £42M (€50M)
  • Haaland's wages (including bonuses): £400k/week
    • Results in £3M as the sign-on bonus to Haaland
  • Because Raiola was ill, Haaland's negotiations were handled by his lawyer & business partner, Rafaela Pimenta.
  • Haaland's former clubs (Bryne, Molde, RB Salzburg) are due solidarity payments worth a total of £3.2M.
  • Ducker corroborates Shrager's Tweet on Pogba.
    • Two firm offers for Pogba
    • Interest from PSG, Juventus, Real Madrid, and Barcelona
  • Reminder: City want a new midfielder (replace Fernandinho) + a new, young right back
  • Ducker confirms that Arsenal will work out a deal for Sterling should he be available in the summer.
The shocking this is that Grealish has wage parity with KDB and now Haaland.
Jack fecking Grealish.. fecking hell

haru krentz

Why do you believe that we will wait for July before starting work on transfers? We’ve learnt that lesson already from moyes spell.
I’m sure that Ten Hag will already have had a look at the list of targets and given his opinion already.
Did we?? Summer 2018 and 2019 told me otherwise though. in 2018 we gave Mourinho Lee Grant, Dalot, and Fred even after finishing 2nd in the league and FA Cup indicating the club had lost faith in him even after extending his contract just 5 months ealier, in 2019 we waited til the last days of transfer window before finally caved in to Leicester's demand for Maguire, giving Ole and Maguire no time to adapt. Imagine same scenario happen to ETH?
This club do not deserve good faith from the supporters, YET. After all who can guarantee the Glazers will not use "club restructuration" as excuse for doing poorly in the transfer market? so excuse me for being overly pessimistic.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Did we?? Summer 2018 and 2019 told me otherwise though. in 2018 we gave Mourinho Lee Grant, Dalot, and Fred even after finishing 2nd in the league and FA Cup indicating the club had lost faith in him even after extending his contract just 5 months ealier, in 2019 we waited til the last days of transfer window before finally caved in to Leicester's demand for Maguire, giving Ole and Maguire no time to adapt. Imagine same scenario happen to ETH?
This club do not deserve good faith from the supporters, YET. After all who can guarantee the Glazers will not use "club restructuration" as excuse for doing poorly in the transfer market? so excuse me for being overly pessimistic.
In fairness to the signing of Maguire, it’s not possible to do absolutely every deal early. Sometimes a deal will happen last minute. Suddenly a club will change their selling stance at the last minute.

i don’t get your first example, what’s the significance to the point I made?
The point I’ve made is not only from the club point of view, I also believe that ETH will not allow things to happen so late in the transfer market. By all accounts he lives, eats and sleeps football down to the smallest things. He will have had his say or delivered a list already

Vapor trail

Chelsea buying Maguire just to make Lukaku look amazing in training.
The funny thing is I was explaining this to a family member more recently, of all the premier League clubs I feel Maguire would suit Chelsea the most.

Most of his of his weaknesses (awareness and mobility) are glossed over in a back three with an agile RWB (James) who can defend comfortably and a right sided defender to cover that defensive zone. So all Harry has to do is play a narrow game for 90 mins which is exactly what he does for Southgate.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
That’s according to AS, who go on to state the Red Devils have joined AS Roma, Sassuolo and Udinese. They further add that José Mourinho’s side are the ‘most interested’ club from Serie A. FC Porto and Paris Saint-Germain are also tagged in the report.

Operating mainly as a striker, he scored five goals and seven assists in all competitions in 2021. Farías has been used across all positions up front and also in the attacking midfield position this year, managing two goals from 16 matches.

It’s claimed that clubs in Europe view the teenager as ‘rough diamond’ due to his profile, qualities and age. River Plate and Boca Juniors have failed in attempts to sign the young Argentine.

AS state that ‘now everything seems to indicate’ that Farías ‘will pack his bags’ to leave Colón and make a switch to Europe, with Italy, France and England being ‘more than appetising destinations’.

dutchred

Ten Hag is not focused at United at this time. He's fully focused on winning the Eredivisie with Ajax, so even if United wanted to, they wouldn't have been able to eke out any info from him.

If they were to proceed with his input, then, at best, the signings have a 50/50 chance of being a hit. Ten Hag himself also wants to be involved in the transfers as he was at Ajax, so he won't be happy if we signed players without getting him involved. With that said, once Ajax's season ends, Ten Hag will get involved with United much sooner than Moyes was.
Which could be after tomorrow. I Ajax win tomorrow evening they will be champions

Status
Not open for further replies.