Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Kun and more. Barça has EVERYTHING to close the signing of Memphis Depay, who has a great desire to wear the Blaugrana shirt. The parties are very very close to reaching a TOTAL agreement.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

This isn't a bad move given that Caputo was one of their most important attacking players both last season and for the first bit of this season.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

EDIT: What this tells me is that we're possibly monitoring Ings at this time. Given that we've yet to read news about getting in touch with his representatives, I'm not even sure if we've even gotten started with potentially bringing him in.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
As a few of us thought, we probably enquired about him before Cavani extended.
The thing is that no club has enquired about Ings or even got in touch with him/his reps (I'm aware of McGrath's Transfer Notebook report, but I'm skeptical of it as it'd be atypical of us to contact the club without getting in touch with the player's reps beforehand). We only know that both City and United were monitoring his situation but doing no more than that.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Please read the OP on how many tweets per post
Out of curiosity, is the "no more than 2 Tweets per post" a hard limit, or is it to prevent a flurry of Tweets from being posted? I ask because, in the past, we've had 3 Tweets posted, and they came through fine in the Transfer Tweets feed.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Can definitely see us signing Rice.
I'll hop on that train if we actually make some moves. So far, we're just interested and monitoring his situation but haven't actually contacted his reps or West Ham. Our only transfer-related activities have been on renewing both Bailly and Cavani as well as talking to Mata about his future.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Out of curiosity, is the "no more than 2 Tweets per post" a hard limit, or is it to prevent a flurry of Tweets from being posted? I ask because, in the past, we've had 3 Tweets posted, and they came through fine in the Transfer Tweets feed.
Yeah 2 is the limit.

croadyman

I'll hop on that train if we actually make some moves. So far, we're just interested and monitoring his situation but haven't actually contacted his reps or West Ham. Our only transfer-related activities have been on renewing both Bailly and Cavani as well as talking to Mata about his future.
Think this one very much hinges on Jesse going the other way plus cash

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Think this one very much hinges on Jesse going the other way plus cash
That's the only way I see this unfolding, too. Our links to Rice only strengthened once Lingard was loaned out to West Ham. If West Ham can't afford to get Lingard from us, our chances of getting Rice get slimmer.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
That's the only way I see this unfolding, too. Our links to Rice only strengthened once Lingard was loaned out to West Ham. If West Ham can't afford to get Lingard from us, our chances of getting Rice get slimmer.
I'd have thought it improves? If West Ham can't afford a transfer fee for Lingard, but they really want him, they might be more open to a Lingard + cash deal for Rice

RkkMan

Reliable for Villarreal apparently and followed by Pau Torres himself

jesperjaap

EDIT: Extended quotes from this article:

On Mata (according to this article):
Ominously concerning. Not many outgoings, players coming back from loans stronger, talking to the likes of Mata. I know he has said similar even about Sanchez. We have some really interesting yougnsters coming through, so why are we not clearing out the deadwood, sounds as if possibly no major outgoings which means no huge amount of fees incoming.

My gut feeling this summer was we would see two big signings and 1/2 smaller ones....over reacting maybe, but this makes me feel maybe one big signing and two smaller ones....fast forward 12 months and again we are talking of 3 positions need upgrading, simply not doing enough in each transfer window in or out, not ruthless or ambitous enough numbers wise, put the transfer muppetry away and prepare for another summer of disappointment, bar one signing....Why do we do it to ourselves each summer.

So ONE big signing and two small ones, who would it be?

Mihai

EDIT: What this tells me is that we're possibly monitoring Ings at this time. Given that we've yet to read news about getting in touch with his representatives, I'm not even sure if we've even gotten started with potentially bringing him in.
Ed's last smokescreen

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I'd have thought it improves? If West Ham can't afford a transfer fee for Lingard, but they really want him, they might be more open to a Lingard + cash deal for Rice
With Lingard, the wages are also an issue. So far, the media murmurings have been that he's not so keen on reducing his wages enough for West Ham to go for the move. The Champions League qualification would have changed all of this, but that's the current situation.

The other thing is that Rice won't be cheap. Previously, when Chelsea were interested in him, they were demanding a high fee even before they were contending for a CL spot. I doubt that we'll pay a significant sum for him whilst also paying a significant sum for a marquee signing.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

This is a clickbait Tweet with a clickbait headline. Tuchel's quotes:
[About Harry Kane]
Everybody loves Harry Kane but let’s be very, very clear. He is a player for Tottenham. He has a long-term contract and we will not get involved in any press conference with any disrespectful comments about that.

[On Jorginho being Chelsea's top scorer and Chelsea's striker needs]
I don’t want to talk about it. But is that what we want? Jorginho our top scorer? No. Not because we don’t like Jorgi, he deserves all the fame and all the praise. But, of course, we don’t want him to be our top scorer. But turn it around, if we let Timo Werner take all the penalties he could have seven more. Mason scored from penalties already and Jorgi missed. Timo missed. So he could have had another 10 more goals and we have a very different discussion with the exact same performance.

So a lot of top scorers in Europe use penalties to improve their numbers to score. That’s not with Timo. He is not that type of player. We try - in general we don’t need to hide - we try to improve our statistics offensively. First of all we do that with the guys who are here.
I've provided every Tuchel quote in the article to avoid misleading anyone in any way.

EDIT: Here's the Guardian article covering the exact same topic. The fact that the overall theme is so similar tells me that this could be an agenda that Chelsea themselves want to push.

Last edited:

SerenityValley

If Danny Ings is the answer, then what the hell was the question?

stampedingviking

I know. My tolerance for shit is at an all time low at the moment. You should see my other post above :lol:

I've only made a suggestion as to how the site could be improved and have been told to jog on. Whatever happened to the customer is right etc.
Unfortunately for you in this case the customer is very wrong.

Personally, I prefer Fridge's posts more than some no name signing for/leaving some team in a farmer's league.

GwilDor

Ominously concerning. Not many outgoings, players coming back from loans stronger, talking to the likes of Mata. I know he has said similar even about Sanchez. We have some really interesting yougnsters coming through, so why are we not clearing out the deadwood, sounds as if possibly no major outgoings which means no huge amount of fees incoming.

My gut feeling this summer was we would see two big signings and 1/2 smaller ones....over reacting maybe, but this makes me feel maybe one big signing and two smaller ones....fast forward 12 months and again we are talking of 3 positions need upgrading, simply not doing enough in each transfer window in or out, not ruthless or ambitous enough numbers wise, put the transfer muppetry away and prepare for another summer of disappointment, bar one signing....Why do we do it to ourselves each summer.

So ONE big signing and two small ones, who would it be?
That is not concerning in any way to me. Simply OGS learning what to say to preserve the value of the club assets, giving the negotiation team better cards to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.