Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Why would age determine ££? I get it that we shouldn't be spending the earth on him but why should age be a factor if he is good enough?

Kane going for £100m+ at 28

Sure Kane is world class but that proves that age doesn't matter when it comes to price.

£50M is too much for Trips, 40M, even 30M is too much. But £20M+ is a decent enough price for Trippier.

I just wouldn't go too far.

I just find it weird that we focus too much on a players age these days. Why does that even matter?
Resale value. You can’t go spending millions on a player who is going to decrease in value

NYAS

@NYAS I guess this was to be expected given that Matheus Cunha's coming in now.
Also a decent move because he basically spent the last 6 months not playing, so he was never going to get that sharpness from the bench at Atletico.

Don’t sleep on him though, he has the quality to come back and take a spot next summer. Don’t think he’ll be part of the perpetual loan army.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Well thats that then. fecking Glazers
Half the forum were writing this guy off earlier today and now Chelsea are seemingly leading the race (after we seemingly were earlier) he's now a world beater and "feck the Glazers!" because we didn't get a shiny new toy!

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Half the forum were writing this guy off earlier today and now Chelsea are seemingly leading the race (after we seemingly were earlier) he's now a world beater and "feck the Glazers!" because we didn't get a shiny new toy!
Nothing to do with being a shiny new toy, its to do with the fact that we are unable to compete financially because the Glazers and their debt siphon off most of our money.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
New track that may open in the coming days for Layvin Kurzawa: Atletico Madrid. In case of Saúl Ñíguez's departure from Chelsea, the Spanish club have started to inquire about the feasibility of the French left-back's transfer.

2E_MUFC

Fickle fans for you. He’s not the player we need.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Nothing to do with being a shiny new toy, its to do with the fact that we are unable to compete financially because the Glazers and their debt siphon off most of our money.
Don't believe that for a second.

Also the Saul deal is a fecking Loan deal.

Now what's the excuse for "not competing financially"

2E_MUFC

And its a different position, much harder to walk straight in to. And its a new league, And he is young. AND if you paid attention to all the talk around United and Camavinga he isnt being bought to go straight into the team.
Any position is hard to walk into, but If your good enough you’ll be in the team no matter what position you play. New league? Same would be for Saul if he came in. I suggest you don’t believe everything you read. If we want to sign him it’s because we believe he’s good enough to play. The glazers aren’t spending 30mil on a player who isn’t going to play. Plus I highly doubt he would want to join a team where he’s not going to play either.

Either way, I doubt we will sign anyone personally.

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Madness from Real when they can wait 6 months and secure his signature for free. 160m for one additional season of football.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

Translation:
Fecking hell psg. He wants madrid. Get over it. You're losing him for nothing!!! You can get Cristiano!!!!! You can have Messi and Cristiano together, that's gonna be THE story of sports worldwide for the entire season!!!!!

Slon

PSG are going to buy a Real Madrid player in retaliation, aren't they?
Real put very high buyout amounts in contracts of their players. If PSG met any of them Perez would laugh all the way to bank. They would pay for stadium renewal with that.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I actually have a sneaky suspicion Ole played Matic on Sunday to show how poor the midfield is if one of Fred/McTominay are injured and push a transfer through. Reassuring to hear all these links to a midfielder today though. Confident it won’t be Camavinga. Saul or Neves seems more realistic.

SaboTaj

When Haaland is looking like a rumoured 50m signing bonus even when paying his release clause next year, what do you think Mbappe is going to ask for with no transfer fee.
Unlike Haaland, Mbappe only wants to go to Real Madrid though.

Plus, those are ‘rumoured’ figures related to a transfer that is likely to happen 12 months down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.