Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoTMS

How come all our best players are falling over each other to get out of the club whereas at City and Liverpool, they never seem to make a sound? Even Salah, probably the best player in the world right now, is begging to stay at the club rather than flirting with PSG or Madrid.

Judas

Open to offers
How come all our best players are falling over each other to get out of the club whereas at City and Liverpool, they never seem to make a sound? Even Salah, probably the best player in the world right now, is begging to stay at the club rather than flirting with PSG or Madrid.
Because they're successful teams?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Is this a real question? You really can’t work that out for yourself?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
There is harmony at the club, settled management and coaching and they are successful.

AndySmith1990

We were successful. It didn't stop Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez, etc. all wanting to leave. Whereas you'd never hear Mane, Salah, De Bruyne or Aguero grumble.
They are the exception (and Rooney still stayed) but overall our best players never wanted to leave when we were winning trophies. If City or Liverpool decline as badly as we have they'll suffer the same issues with unhappy players.

redpatron

players want to leave city all the time, the journalists know people don't give a feck about city news/rumors.

goptun

We were successful. It didn't stop Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez, etc. all wanting to leave at the peak of our success. Whereas you'd never hear Mane, Salah, De Bruyne or Aguero grumble.
Salah is effectively doing to Liverpool what Rooney did to us, just in a slightly less aggressive way. Tevez wanted to stay but the club and Fergie weren't convinced, and left the door open for City to offer likely double what we were. Everyone knows the situation with City and their dodgy additional payments.

sparx99

players want to leave city all the time, the journalists know people don't give a feck about city news/rumors.
Exactly. Sterling, Stones, Bernardo Silva, Ferran Torres and Aymeric Laporte all in the last year. Mane has regularly been discussed as considering his options.

sparx99

Salah is effectively doing to Liverpool what Rooney did to us, just in a slightly less aggressive way. Tevez wanted to stay but the club and Fergie weren't convinced, and left the door open for City to offer likely double what we were. Everyone knows the situation with City and their dodgy additional payments.
Fergie also brought in Berbatov the year before which reduced Tevez's role. This actually made us a worse team as well I'd argue.

Dazzmondo

If Pogba does want to join Real might motivate him to perform well for the rest of the season which would be a big plus for us. I imagine PSG would take him regardless but Real's interest seems to have reduced over time.

ShoePolish

If Pogba does want to join Real might motivate him to perform well for the rest of the season which would be a big plus for us. I imagine PSG would take him regardless but Real's interest seems to have reduced over time.
Does he though? He'll go on a free bar signing on fee/agent fees/wage (likely not over the odds as he actually wants to go there), and he'll make it back by his commercial value. Heck, last 5 and a half years his fame has been living off his dabs, not the performances on the pitch and he's still talked about like Zidane, but make no mistake, half of this forum will clamour how much we could use him now for years to come and pin his Swansea goal youtube video to every post to prove their point.
Let's face it, he's been absolute dud, Juve Pogba and Man Utd Pogba are two different entities, and and if he starts putting performances now, it will only prove, that he downed his tools and didn't want to be here, if it wasn't already evident from his agents and brothers blabbing.

Hoof the ball

Presumably, they are unsure about spending 30m+ on a player the next guy might not want.
But he's there for two-and-a-half years! If you can't take advice from him in the interim period, then why on earth would you allow him to consult for a further two years with another manager at the helm?

You either trust his consulting expertise now or you might as well bin him from the long-term agreement.

Withnail

But he's there for two-and-a-half years! If you can't take advice from him in the interim period, then why on earth would you allow him to consult for a further two years with another manager at the helm?

You either trust his consulting expertise now or you might as well bin him from the long-term agreement.
Are you serious or looking for something to give out about?

I mean they are taking his advice. All it says is that they have reservations. Do you not think that when he's the consultant that the full-time manager will also have to approve any potential transfers?

OmarUnited4ever

I definitely see Man Utd as the club stupid enough to give this guy massive wages to sit on the treatment table for five years.
Yes, I'm kinda worried that the club will make an approach for him, maybe using Martial as an option for Barca.

Hopefully RR will be able to convince the board to never go for players like Dembele

Withnail

I definitely see Man Utd as the club stupid enough to give this guy massive wages to sit on the treatment table for five years.
Yes, I'm kinda worried that the club will make an approach for him, maybe using Martial as an option for Barca.

Hopefully RR will be able to convince the board to never go for players like Dembele
This is just the pessimism talking. We don't need a winger and certainly not a Barcelona cast off who'd demand high wages and has a wildly inflated opinion of his own ability.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
And I want Arianna Grande to be my wife, think Pogba needs to wake up a little if he thinks he can act the way he does here at Madrid - they booed Ronaldo, Pogba hasn't got the mentality to be at a club like this let alone Real Madrid.

All said and done I don't think Real actually want him, they'll go all out for Mbappe and possibly Haaland - why would they put those deals in jeopardy to pander to Pogba and fat pizza man?

Anustart89

Presumably, they are unsure about spending 30m+ on a player the next guy might not want.
The entire point of keeping Ralf on as a consultant is to get a guy in that would want the same thing as him. If our board has already decided that they won't listen to his input on the next manager then they're dumber than I thought, and I didn't think much of them before.

sparx99

And I want Arianna Grande to be my wife, think Pogba needs to wake up a little if he thinks he can act the way he does here at Madrid - they booed Ronaldo, Pogba hasn't got the mentality to be at a club like this let alone Real Madrid.

All said and done I don't think Real actually want him, they'll go all out for Mbappe and possibly Haaland - why would they put those deals in jeopardy to pander to Pogba and fat pizza man?
Doesn’t signing Pogba help them keep Raiola sweet? Kroos and Modric aren’t getting any younger.

Withnail

The entire point of keeping Ralf on as a consultant is to get a guy in that would want the same thing as him. If our board has already decided that they won't listen to his input on the next manager then they're dumber than I thought, and I didn't think much of them before.
Why is everyone assuming that they won't listen because of one report which says they are hesitant? There are obvious reasons to be hesitant about bringing in players at this stage. Listening and/or taking advice doesn't mean acting on said advice immediately.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

I wasn't expecting Hannes Wolf to be linked to Swansea. What are the circumstances here? Has he been that bad in recent weeks/months?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Late Football Club on Canal+

Saint-Étienne manager Pascal Dupraz on the potential incoming transfers (including Mateta):
We’re hoping for two or three extra incoming transfers. There has been a lot of talk about Mateta, and I am almost inclined to say that the less we reveal ourselves, the more chance we have of seeing our goals confirm themselves.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
This isn't the first time we're seeing stories on blacklisted sources coming through via these "Paper Talk" Tweets. Both the Daily Star and Express like to post a bunch of rubbish, and it's tough to take them seriously. I don't even recall any reliable journalists who have written anything for those outlets.

Status
Not open for further replies.